Collins Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Collins Consulting

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Collins Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This a Head Hunting or placement agency. They do not have their own technical or engineering staff per say . The interviewers have no STEM or PM background so the questions they ask are very basic and for the most part uninformed. In the Chicago area, they try to do placement for Big Pharm. Jobs they seek to fill are PM and IT for places like Abbott and Abbott Park. There is no follow up or support by them. They will offer you 50% or less of what the company is paying them. They do have there own internal contractors so be aware that you could be wasting your time. One would use this place to find job. Suggest one do a short contract so you can go direct or move on when something better comes along.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum amount you would take?   1 Answer
    • Do you have pharm company experience ? It does mater what you have done, just so I can say you work in a FDA environment.   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Collins Consulting (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Collins found me online and reached out to me by email, then by phone. First one person called me, then a second person. There was a full interview, and then a background screen process. There were several candidates involved and a decision to work for Collins or IBM based on my asking salary.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my prior experience in Community Planning.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Collins Consulting (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Essentially asked if I could type, liked technology and could stand to make high-volume outbound calls. Answered in the affirmative. Asked questions about money which were shrugged or waved away. The only interviewer who seemed interested in my background said "I love what I do" when I asked if they liked their job, then looked at me as if to say, "Run! Because you won't."

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with rejection?"   1 Answer
    • "Why do you want this job?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No or negligible negotiation phase. They want you "hungry."

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Collins Consulting in August 2010.

Interview

2 person interview. met with recruiting manager and the VP of Sales. Had a very pleasant conversation over approximately two hours. Was interested based on environment, responsibilities, and pay scale.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Collins Consulting (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Three Interviews back to back

Interview Questions

• How well do you take rejection?   1 Answer
    • What sort of past experience do you have dealing/working with people?   1 Answer
    • Are you competitive? Are you self-driven to be the best in a situation?   1 Answer
    • When you fail at something, what do you do next?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable issues. Wanted candidates that accepted to come into the office and "hit the ground running"

BA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Collins Consulting.

Interview

Great discussion about role. Wanted references, etc. Follow up once they have you as a candidate is horrible. Recruiter never gave me the courtesy of any follow up or feedback. Just another meat market.

Interview Questions

• Experience relevant to position   1 Answer