ComEd Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ComEd (DeKalb, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Approached them at a campus job/internship fair. I was one of the first and they offered me an interview slot for the next day. The interview was STAR based, in how you answer your questions. The interviewer took a lot of notes but stayed engaged. Then you take the Hogan Assessment (personality).

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you displayed leadership. (Thing were not going well how did you handle it)   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you took a risk and why.   Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ComEd (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Got an email from the HR on a Sunday night, 2 weeks after applying. The email said the hiring manager loved my profile amongst the rest and wanted to proceed with the application. Step 1 was the phone screen with the HR and some document filling. There was also a Hogan assessment which I cleared. The phone interview was really good and easy with basic questions about my resume; the HR also gave a very detailed explanation of ComEd's employee benefits and flexible policies. Until this time I felt I'm so lucky and the chosen one. Finally, my dreams are turning real. 3-4 days went by and I was told the managers are still reviewing it (I was constantly following up). I was wondering was it some kind of dream call? As everything was moving so slow!
    But finally, after a week I received an email asking my availability for interview. Please note that the interview date given was 2 weeks after. My clock was ticking really fast to find a job, but I was positive and started preparing. It was a panel interview (3 people + HR), very straightforward and totally process driven, started with the round of introduction and 5 STAR based questions on adaptability, difficult situation, diversity, etc. Everyone had a paper from which they were reading and writing my answers. I gave good answers and could see everyone smiling except one (She seemed not interested at all. I thought maybe it’s the end of the day or something). Nobody asked me any other question except the ones in the paper. I prepared so well and asked them the right questions in the end. I was positive that they liked me and I was so much excited to start working.
    2 weeks went by and the HR said they still haven’t made the final decision. I followed up again after 2 weeks (month after my interview they were still deciding – which is so passive, right). This time the HR said that they have selected another candidate for the position. I asked what was the reason to reject me to which the HR said that the team had a choice to hire either entry level or experienced. So they decided to hire a fresh grad.
    Not that I felt bad but I waited around 2 months for this role, turned down 1 offer (my bad) but they knew I was experienced why they wasted my time in the first place?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you took help from your peers at work?   3 Answers

Associate Energy Acquisition Analyst/Energy Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ComEd (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Complete waste of time. I interviewed for the Associate Energy Acquisition Analyst role a few months back in person. I was told two months later that I was not chosen by phone. Then a few months later I was asked to come back in for an interview because I really did well. When I attended the interview, the hiring manager told me that because of some changes that took place on there interview form, I wasn't graded fairly (yeah right) and wanted to give me another shot. They asked me the same questions that I answered a few months before. I received an email one month later saying that I was not chosen because I had too my PM answers to their questions! News flash, nothing changed in six months and they were well aware of my credentials which, leads me to believe that HR and Management needed to meet diversity/audit requirements and that is why I was called back. I will never, ever apply to another job for ComEd. I have deleted my profile. Also, if you are in need of employment right away, they take sometimes 2+ months to give you an answer. Keep job searching and don't wait! Because you may be disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed assistance from a Sr level associate.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ComEd (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Call on phone. Basic questions. Easy if you prepare for the interview; there aren't any trick questions, they just want to know who you are. Call on phone. Basic questions. Easy if you prepare for the interview; there aren't any trick questions, they just want to know who you are.

Smart Grid Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ComEd (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. 1st HR screening and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Manager asked some related technical questions. After two weeks HR confirmed me over the phone and sent me a offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Asked some basic question related to distribution system analysis with smart grid techniques.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ComEd (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Traditional Situation-Based Interview. Situation, Task, Action, Result.... Until the last interviewer I met with. He deviated from the standard process which is typically not allowed within larger organizations because it risks introducing partiality which could create other issues requiring HR involvement.

I may actually consider sending an email to Exelon's general HR department to provide them with a synopsis of my experience including the final interviewer's name. This is a learning/training opportunity which could be used to protect the organization.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation when you introduced an initiative that was outside the scope of your day-to-day deliverables.   1 Answer

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ComEd in May 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was about what you'd expect from a phone interview. Behavioral questions as well as having to describe any previous intern experience. Nothing too difficult. Other than that I would say it was a very straightforward process.

Senior Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ComEd (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral based interview vs skill and expertise based. Three people interviewed you asking different behavioral questions. Some questions around experience, but not much. It seemed to me they were more interested in personalities than skill set.

Interview Questions

• What is one accomplishment in your life?   1 Answer

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ComEd (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

You are likely to interview with 2 or more people at one time. Will be asked for examples of scenarios, and application of your skill sets in those examples. All tests are required to be passed, even during training to secure job position. May last 15-30 minutes for final interview. May receive email and phone interview prior to it.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that happened at your last employer that you would never want to have happen again?   1 Answer

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ComEd (Oak Brook, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online in Aug and got an email in November needing me to answer 10 brief questions in detail. Once the recruiter reviewed my answers, I had a phone interview 3 days later. After the phone interview, I was invited to take the mandatory CSR test, which I passed, and went on to interview with 2 supervisors the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question