Commonwealth Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth Hotels

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Hotels (Covington, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

The process started out smoothly. I had 2 phone interviews with corporate and senior managers, and then they sent me a performance test. After completing these I was then told that there would be another round of interviews and they would contact me the following week. Next week came and then nothing happened. I called to check up and they said the manager was "out of town" and would contact me soon. Fair enough. I got another email that said they would be making a decision by a certain date, which was 2 weeks away, and I would be contacted. 2 weeks went by and nothing was said further. They had dragged me along for a month sending emails that mislead me to believe the process was on going when it was not. Further, they said they were going to call when they did not. I absolutely understand if I was not qualified, but why not come out and say it instead of dragging candidates along with false hope. Why take the time to send emails that they have no intention of following through with? The whole situation was incredibly unprofessional and unfair to the candidates.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you made in your managing career and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Hotels (Aurora, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard: pre-screening process with HR, one-on-one with HR, then one-on-one with hiring manager and may or may not with GM or AGM, depending on the position. It is common that you might be interviewed by HR and hiring manager the same day.

Interview Questions

• Pretty usual: tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, whom do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Hotels (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I spoke with HR first, who reviewed my resume and asked me about my job history and why I wanted to work at the hotel. The interview with HR lasted about 5 minutes, after which I was directed to interview with the Front Office Manager. We spoke about ourselves for a bit, it was very comfortable and friendly and then she asked me more specific questions about my experience in customer service. After the interview, they told me they would give me a call in the next day or two. The following day I was invited back to interview with the Hotel Manager, who was friendly, direct and straight to the point. He asked me about specific situations where I resolved customer issues or conflicts and then thanked me for coming in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer you dealt with was upset and what you did to mediate the situation?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to apply for this job?   Answer Question

Commonwealth Hotels Response

May 4, 2017 – Vice President of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in hiring our associates and sometimes that process is a little longer than other companies, but that is because we are hiring the best of the best... More

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Hotels (Denver, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Overall it was a standard process. Multiple interviews with various people within the org. It was a good process and flowed well.

Interview Questions

Commonwealth Hotels Response

May 4, 2017 – Vice President of HR

Thank you for your feedback. As we continue to grow our company we want all candidates to have a positive experience regardless if they are hired or not. We recently dedicated an internal recruiter... More