Computacenter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Computacenter Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computacenter in February 2017.

Interview

The day started if very chilled, got to meet all the other applicants in computacenter head quarters (which is very impressive). The people were welcoming and really just wanted to know if they were the best fit for you, along with you for them obviously.

Then the day started with a ice breaker which was just a task to see how you work as a team and what skills are needed for the job. This is not assessed, but don't show your self up being bossy or not listening.

Then the day started with 2 activities. These are just seeing if you have the skills for the job.... as you already know be assertive and back your point, but don't say anything if the point isn't worth making.

Then we had lunch with some of the graduates and other employees, this time is to really ask the nitty gritty questions, that you can't ask the employer. This is not assessed, but be friendly chat and just have a good conversation!

Then came the interview, they ask you some questions at the beginning focusing on you, but then generic competency..... and they did ask what do you know about computacenter. The interviewers are nice and just want to know your motives and if your a good fit.

Finally a ten minute presentation, do your best, try make it simple interesting and to the point.

Hopefully this helps! I had a great day, really nice people and was offered the job! Just be your self, show your strengths in what ever form :)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about computacenter?
      Why project management?
      Answer Question

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Computacenter (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- Online application
    - Psychometric tests
    - Video Interview
    - Assessment day

Overall, the process was positive. Time taken for the company to get back to the candidate was quite long, without any updates as to what was happening. The assessment centre was a good experience, was made to feel welcome. However, I found it strange that an IT company hiring for an IT Project Manager role selected candidates with no IT experience or IT related degree. When current graduate project manager provided us with insight about their experience (this was part of the day) it was at their omission they had little IT knowledge, even after a year in the role.

The interview on the day consisted of mostly my university experience as apposed to the one plus years of relevant experience I had in the field

Interview Questions

• Assessment centre activities: Group exercise, Interview and Presentations   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Computacenter (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial interview was difficult but probably no more than you would expect. This was conducted with a Sales/Solutions director and one of the current associates and was in the form of competency based questions e.g tell us about a time when you improved a process. You should stick to your experience and can draw on any part of your life: work, uni, sports, extra curricular etc etc. They press you hard and want to know if you've got the substance to back up what you're saying. You then have 15-30 minutes talking to the associate and asking them questions about what they do. I'd recommend writing down 5 or so questions and whip them out to ask so you don't forget and seem prepared.
    If you're successful you'll be invited to an assessment centre which is on a whole other level. You turn up at a hotel the night before and have a few quick introductions with the other candidates and a few assessors. You will then have a meal with the CEO, MD and Sector and Solutions directors so pretty much the most influential people at this company. Then you'll have a few drinks the bar afterwards in a networking event and will try to get to know the others or a more informal basis. You need to try and relax and be yourself in this situation and make genuine connections with these people as that's a lot of what you'd be doing in a sales job.
    The next day you have a couple of group exercises which are difficult and you need to put across your opinion, show you work well with others and also try to be competitive and show clear thought processes. It's sounds a lot to ask but if you're right for the role you won't struggle too much in this stage. You then present to some of the directors as part of one of the group exercises in this stage they will know what you've planned and some mistakes you've made so will obviously put you on the back foot and under pressure. When you're presenting don't be easily pushed around by the assessors and don't fold if they put you under pressure. This is one of the more difficult bits of the day but if you do well will be quite rewarding. After lunch you'll have a panel interview with a sector or solutions director, and two other people. This is the hardest part by a long way and they will put you under some serious pressure saying things such as they don't think you're right for the role, you're not competitive enough, not motivated, too nice, other people don't like you, trying to be something you're aren't. It's best if you answer these questions truthfully and justify your own abilities don't crumble under the pressure they put you under as that's not what they're looking for. Try to be relax think clearly and answer the questions as well as you can.
    The last stage is a 5 minute presentation to all the assessors including CEO and MD and this is your last real chance to nail the interview and get a job.

This is by far the hardest interview process I've been through and you'll be tested in a variety of ways. It's the most in depth assessment I've ever had and any others graduate interview I've had can't really compare tbh. But I had a lot of fun and it was quite a rewarding couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you improved a process.
      Tell us a time you developed a quick rapport with a customer or outside employee.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Computacenter (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Competency based interview questions where you are asked to give examples of times you demonstrated competencies around teamwork, overcoming a difficult customer etc. It can become very intense at times if the interviewer has any reservations about you, but the fact that they have a current graduate also present helps bring a balance to the experience. They can sometimes try and trick you with the wording.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated the ability to change or improve a process.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computacenter (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

I went there for an analyst position in a specific account. In the middle of the interview, I learnt that they were actually hiring for a different account. Not very organised.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were not negotiation at all

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Computacenter (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruitment agency and asked if i would like to interview for the role based on my online CV.

Initial interview was telephone based with a Technical Architect from the technology area and lasted approx 60 minutes. Some technical questions but more of an informal chat about my experience.

Second interview was face to face with the Technical Architect and Resource Manager. I was asked to create a presentation beforehand based on a limited number of topics provided to me that I could deliver within a 15 minute timescale. During the interview I was also asked to write a business email based on a provided scenario. A number of technical question were asked and i was also given the opportunity to ask questions about the role and organisation.

Negotiation

Very well handled. I was given all of the information requested regarding the package on offer and Computacenter were open to negotiation around salary and other benefits.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computacenter (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment agency and then had a Telephone Interview with a Project Manager - competence based questions. About 40 minutes long all up with about 7 questions. Some questions seemed very Project Manager orientated (budget control experience) and they asked nothing about me as a person or my general life experience so it was difficult to build rapport.

Interview Questions

• Dependency and Change Management. What does this mean to you?   Answer Question

Level I Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Computacenter (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very nice Interview in a very relaxed athmosphere. Not many pressure questions as I experienced in other Interviews. I can really recommend the hiring process of this company! very nice people!

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Computacenter (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had to describe my experience, my studies and my expectations for the job. I also had to do a rol simulation, answering a call from a client. I couldn't find the exact solution to the problem but this doesn't matter. Unfortunatelly they didn't call me afterwards

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from the job   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southwark, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computacenter (Southwark, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

My interviewer brought along a client director who wasn't even relevant to the role as I don't think she had any experience of interviewing anyone before, and this was for a new team shes been told to head up. The guy who came along (CD) was arrogant, rude and very intimidating. Basically told me they didn't want to interview anyone who wasn't solely applying to CC and CC only and asked me why I came in for a interview to discuss a role when I wasn't trawling through job boards looking for roles (I was approached by a headhunter prospectively). I would never ever ever ever work here. They do not understand that YOU need to sell me the company and the role as much as I sell myself to you. I was even told it was costing CC thousands for me to be sitting in a room with them for me to not even seem like I wanted the job. No thanks Computacenter - i'll pass.

Interview Questions

• What's the underlying reason behind you wanting to be stable in a job?   Answer Question