Computacenter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.9

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Computacenter (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was quite easy and short - 30 min easy general questions, then test call from unaatisfied client, the position needed foreign language so they called me just to check it. Otherwise in the end they offered the salary which was rven lower pf what they promised before so i declined.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Computacenter (Woodcliff Lake, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Meet with both the Project Lead and the Director for the group that I was applying to. Face to face meetings with both and a phone screening with the recruiter prior to being on site. Fairly common questions directly pertaining to the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about travel?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Computacenter (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

- Numerical and non-verbal test
    They're quite hard so do some practise beforehand but don't panic and try your best. You can still pass even if you don't finish.

- Video interview
    They will give you questions and then you have to record your answer. You can re-record if you're not happy but don't spend too long trying to perfect it. Just be yourself and make sure you have researched the company and know why you want to work there.

- Face to face interview
    This was conducted by a Sales/Solutions director and one of the current associates. You get 30-45 minutes of questions such as what you know about the company, why you want to work there and competency based questions. It's very 2 way so make sure you ask questions to them too. You then have 15-30 minutes talking to the associate and can then ask them questions you'd like.

- Assessment Centre
    This is a very intense process but just be yourself.
    You will arrive at the hotel the night before and meet the other candidates and assessors. After a talk from the MD you will then have a meal with the CEO, MD and Sector and Solutions directors. After dinner you will go to the bar and have a few drinks. This is the perfect time to network. Try and talk to everyone and learn more about the company and what they do.

The next day you will have a variety of tasks such as a group exercise, group presentation, individual exercise, individual presentation, panel interview and a numeracy and literacy test.

In the group exercises, make sure you work as a team but make your opinions heard and don't be scared to take risks, they like that. The panel interview is the hardest part of the day. They will put you under pressure and say things like you're too nice, you haven't pushed out of your comfort zone, you're not fun enough... Just stand up for yourself and don't crumble under the pressure, they're trying to push you.

It's a very long day but they want to see if you will fit in with the company so just be yourself and you will get a lot out of it.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Computacenter (Nottingham, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone interview covering work history, technical exposure, scenarios etc.

Approx. 4 people on conference call

Face to face interview followed with numerous scenario based technical questions.

Very straight forward and to the point. No messing about.

Graduate Commercial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Computacenter (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Assessment Day
    The day was busy but enjoyable, you could see they were trying to replicate situations you might find yourself in, which was better than a series of interviews.
    But we were all told we'd hear back within two days, and it took two weeks and a lot of emails to hear anything back at all, still waiting for the promised feedback!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computacenter in February 2017.

Interview

The day started if very chilled, got to meet all the other applicants in computacenter head quarters (which is very impressive). The people were welcoming and really just wanted to know if they were the best fit for you, along with you for them obviously.

Then the day started with a ice breaker which was just a task to see how you work as a team and what skills are needed for the job. This is not assessed, but don't show your self up being bossy or not listening.

Then the day started with 2 activities. These are just seeing if you have the skills for the job.... as you already know be assertive and back your point, but don't say anything if the point isn't worth making.

Then we had lunch with some of the graduates and other employees, this time is to really ask the nitty gritty questions, that you can't ask the employer. This is not assessed, but be friendly chat and just have a good conversation!

Then came the interview, they ask you some questions at the beginning focusing on you, but then generic competency..... and they did ask what do you know about computacenter. The interviewers are nice and just want to know your motives and if your a good fit.

Finally a ten minute presentation, do your best, try make it simple interesting and to the point.

Hopefully this helps! I had a great day, really nice people and was offered the job! Just be your self, show your strengths in what ever form :)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about computacenter?
      Why project management?   Answer Question

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Computacenter (Hatfield, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

- Online application
    - Psychometric tests
    - Video Interview
    - Assessment day

Overall, the process was positive. Time taken for the company to get back to the candidate was quite long, without any updates as to what was happening. The assessment centre was a good experience, was made to feel welcome. However, I found it strange that an IT company hiring for an IT Project Manager role selected candidates with no IT experience or IT related degree. When current graduate project manager provided us with insight about their experience (this was part of the day) it was at their omission they had little IT knowledge, even after a year in the role.

The interview on the day consisted of mostly my university experience as apposed to the one plus years of relevant experience I had in the field

Interview Questions

• Assessment centre activities: Group exercise, Interview and Presentations   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Computacenter (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial interview was difficult but probably no more than you would expect. This was conducted with a Sales/Solutions director and one of the current associates and was in the form of competency based questions e.g tell us about a time when you improved a process. You should stick to your experience and can draw on any part of your life: work, uni, sports, extra curricular etc etc. They press you hard and want to know if you've got the substance to back up what you're saying. You then have 15-30 minutes talking to the associate and asking them questions about what they do. I'd recommend writing down 5 or so questions and whip them out to ask so you don't forget and seem prepared.
    If you're successful you'll be invited to an assessment centre which is on a whole other level. You turn up at a hotel the night before and have a few quick introductions with the other candidates and a few assessors. You will then have a meal with the CEO, MD and Sector and Solutions directors so pretty much the most influential people at this company. Then you'll have a few drinks the bar afterwards in a networking event and will try to get to know the others or a more informal basis. You need to try and relax and be yourself in this situation and make genuine connections with these people as that's a lot of what you'd be doing in a sales job.
    The next day you have a couple of group exercises which are difficult and you need to put across your opinion, show you work well with others and also try to be competitive and show clear thought processes. It's sounds a lot to ask but if you're right for the role you won't struggle too much in this stage. You then present to some of the directors as part of one of the group exercises in this stage they will know what you've planned and some mistakes you've made so will obviously put you on the back foot and under pressure. When you're presenting don't be easily pushed around by the assessors and don't fold if they put you under pressure. This is one of the more difficult bits of the day but if you do well will be quite rewarding. After lunch you'll have a panel interview with a sector or solutions director, and two other people. This is the hardest part by a long way and they will put you under some serious pressure saying things such as they don't think you're right for the role, you're not competitive enough, not motivated, too nice, other people don't like you, trying to be something you're aren't. It's best if you answer these questions truthfully and justify your own abilities don't crumble under the pressure they put you under as that's not what they're looking for. Try to be relax think clearly and answer the questions as well as you can.
    The last stage is a 5 minute presentation to all the assessors including CEO and MD and this is your last real chance to nail the interview and get a job.

This is by far the hardest interview process I've been through and you'll be tested in a variety of ways. It's the most in depth assessment I've ever had and any others graduate interview I've had can't really compare tbh. But I had a lot of fun and it was quite a rewarding couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you improved a process.
      Tell us a time you developed a quick rapport with a customer or outside employee.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Computacenter (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Competency based interview questions where you are asked to give examples of times you demonstrated competencies around teamwork, overcoming a difficult customer etc. It can become very intense at times if the interviewer has any reservations about you, but the fact that they have a current graduate also present helps bring a balance to the experience. They can sometimes try and trick you with the wording.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you demonstrated the ability to change or improve a process.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Computacenter (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

I went there for an analyst position in a specific account. In the middle of the interview, I learnt that they were actually hiring for a different account. Not very organised.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were not negotiation at all