Con-way Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con-way Freight Interview Questions

2.6

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tolleson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Tolleson, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Fill out online application, call recruiting a couple days later to follow up, arrange a time to attend orientation, ride greyhound hundreds of miles, check into motel where orientation held ( for the Phoenix AZ orientation), take drug test/physical, fill out paperwork, twiddle thumbs for a week while HR verifies your background, take phone interview, take road test, then officially get hired.

Interview Questions

• Don't come to orientation thinking they've already verified your employment history/references -- they do that during orientation and will send people packing for lies & omissions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations -- everyone paid from a chart based on experience

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

The entire process took about a month, there was one on campus interview and one on site interview with the site manager. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and then asked me to go over some of the details of things on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

There was no interview. If you have a clean dmv and a hazmat endorsement your in. They send you to a rat motel and you do your orientation and they give you a truck. That's it

Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Melrose Park, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

there was no interview I knew someone who worked there and they had lost 9 drivers during the year so I filled out the app and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• do you have a CDL and all your endorsements?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2013.

Interview

went in for an interview and had a talk for about an hour, asked me about my previous work history and my personal life. told me I am one of 5 people being hired. after the interview had me do a physical. lift and move a few different thing and had step up on some stairs. they gave me a DOT physical.

Interview Questions

• safety questions. like how to prevent things and asked how make the workplace safe.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

set questions. not much in depth questions or answers for that matter. Group of 3, whatever manager had time. Each manager had their own perspective of what the job had to offer and a brief view of what to expect. What the training represents is not at all what you go through on the floor.

Interview Questions

• What was your sales experience like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screening then Interviewed with 2 managers onsite a couple of days later...lasted 30 minutes in all.The interviewers were friendly. They asked about my experience and how it is related to the position I was interviewing for

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKees Rocks, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (McKees Rocks, PA).

Interview

It was a telephone interview after being interviewed by the temp agency they used. I had a face to face interview with the temp agency first. I thought the interview went great. I was offered the job during the telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a little about myself and my work experiences.   Answer Question

Senior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellford, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Wellford, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

Went through a series of interviews, with: Terminal manager, Regional mgr.,Regional Sales manager,and corporate sales manager, all face to face, and on different days. We mainly discussed my past sales experiences with my former employees. I also had many questions regarding benefits, pension, company car, office policies, expenses, and the performance of Con-Way versus the competition.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you here at Con-Way?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I simply told them I would not leave the company I was with at the time for less than an increase of at least $100.00 per week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people - Management, Project Manager & Team members

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Came in as contractor - not much negotiation