Con-way Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Con-way Freight Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.6

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

I don't know how they do things now, but back in 2012 the interview process was quite intense. I had one phone and three on site interviews. The specific position I was applying for was Manager in Training. It's what everyone starts out at. 3 - 4 months of that you are promoted the actual position you applied for, which in my case was a Supply Chain Manager. Even though this is an entry level bachelor's degree position, you are going to want to be ready to recall solid work experiences that relate to you being in charge of a task; better yet, ones that involve you managing people well. Bring those referral letters!

Interview Questions

• Q: Talk about a time that you had to manage people.   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

It was pretty easy interview. In and out, really. I was recommended so that probably speeded the process. Classic questions about yourself, why are you interested in the company and the position and some randomly behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

The entire process took about a month, there was one on campus interview and one on site interview with the site manager. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and then asked me to go over some of the details of things on my resume.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Online application submission, requires 10 years of job history. They are very serious about not hiring your if you lie and leave out any employment information.
    Two-part interview, first with HR personnel then with the terminal manager.
    Then comes the job offer and they do an extensive background check which takes about two weeks.

Student Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight in October 2015.

Interview

Longest interview I've had, but recruiter,and manager are good people , they answer all the questions I had and definitely make you feel at ease, more of a family environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't any negotiations, basically I liked the offer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight.

Interview

Generic questions about management and working with people. Hiring process was slow and long due to HR not being the best. Would like to see a quicker turn around good or bad.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important foundations for any management postion?   1 Answer

Recruiter Team Lead (Supervisor) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Con-way Freight in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was friendly and asked basic questions. Unfortunately, she was new to the company and unable to answer my questions about the company or position thoroughly. In the end, the recruiter emailed me two days after my interview and said they were no longer filling the position. In my opinion this should have been a call with more explanation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer; what attracted you to Con-way and this position; what is something you need to work on; what would you bring to this role?   Answer Question

Local Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Savannah, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

They called back immediately to set up an over the phone interview with a recruiter. The next step was a face to face at the local terminal. The site manager was really nice and very hospitable. Afterwards they walked me through and gave me a tour of the facility. I was really impressed with the professionalism and morale of the employees. Everyone was friendly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Cedar Rapids, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

Lots of questions regarding different scenario, kind of unorganized but on top of it, I felt like I used to many situations that had to do with my current job!!!!! I get very nervous at interview face to face so I stumbled a few times

Interview Questions

• Name a crime when you had to take intitative and control the situation   1 Answer

Freight Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Con-way Freight (Fresno, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next week. I went in and met with manager. Got called for a second interview the following week, this time with the operation manager and a freight operation supervisor. Both interviews went good. The managers were easy to talk to you.