Conning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Conning

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Conning (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online. I received an email back from human resources and they set up an interview with the head of software. The interview was a phone interview that took roughly 75 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my resume and asked two technical questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conning (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

They scheduled an phone interview for me and we appointed at 11:00 am, they called me exactly at 11:00 am and we finished exactly in one hour as said in the email. So basically they value the time for both interviewers and themselves.
    There are two interviewers taking turns to ask the resume. If you have plan to interview with this company, please be well prepared for the experience and details of the projects. Also be active in talking with the interviewers will help you gain good impression.

Interview Questions

• How to count the number of different strings in huge quantity of data.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Conning (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Call lasting about an hour. Was very friendly, didn't ask me many questions or give me many chances to talk. Talked a lot about the company, what they do, etc. Didn't hear back for almost 2 months.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Conning (Hartford, CT) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied about a month ago and had an interview about two weeks ago. I thought the interview went really well, the people are really easy to talk too. We basically just went over everything on my resume in detail. The two men would crack joke to ease nerves, very nice people.

Intern Interview

Interview

There were two phone screens. One with HR and then one with a hiring manager. The whole process was very smooth and they were timely with responding to emails. I had a good experience with this process.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Conning (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Meet with the HR manager
    HR manager introduces you to the Hiring Manager who had already spoken to you
    Hiring Manager introduces you to his team after interviewing you Hiring Manager Team
    Hiring manager bring his boss to ask you few questions as well

Interview Questions

• Technical questions
      What their missions are and how I can apply my knowledge to benifit them   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Conning.

Interview

Phone screen first. Brought in for a face to face with the team. Was sold team environment but there really wasn't a realistic means for incorporating new senior level talent. The leverage a lot of the experience of on-boarding from the time where they were apart of Swiss Re.

Interview Questions

• All questions pertained to VMware, Citrix, and supporting luddite insurance people who are purported financial wizards.   Answer Question

Quantitative Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Conning (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

They are all good and the process is very interesting. They will not ask you any IQ questions. They ask you form your resume and if you cannot answer they will give u some hint . The interview is about algorithm writing and some financial knowledge.

Asset Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Conning in December 2018.

Interview

It began with a phone screening, and followed by an in person interview. The actual interviewing process was fine, what bothered me was how long it took before hearing back from them. I followed up with them to see if they reached a final decision, they responded by saying that a decision wasn't made yet. I got my rejection 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where there was a disagreement on a project you were working on with your group. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Conning in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process for the software development internship is pretty straightforward. Someone in HR will get in contact with you, setting up a date and time for a phone call with the hiring manager. Then you have a phone screen with the hiring manager, which will take roughly an hour. If you are in the area (near Hartford), they may ask you on-site instead of doing a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty typical software interview questions. Expect 3-4, depending on how much time the hiring manager has that day. Since it's a phone screen there's no pseudo code or whiteboarding, but there is an expectation that you talk about the data structures and general structure of the solution.   Answer Question