Corsair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corsair Interview Questions

Channel Marketing Associate - Memory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two calls - one phone screen from the recruiter and another one from the hiring manager. The one from the hiring manager only took 15 mins and it looks like she's okay to move me forward on the process according to my Excel skills. There was an onsite interview after those two calls. I was only given a schedule for two interviewers from the group, but it ended up being three interviewers. I assume the hiring manager was too busy at that time, and wanted someone else to attend to me. The on-site interviews went smoothly, and all three interviewers seemed to like me. The hiring manager also did tell me that they do need someone for the position soon. One even proactively sent me an email to see if I have any more questions. I thought it was a home-run.

So after 1 or 2 weeks, I emailed the recruiter to check on the status. She told me that there are still candidates to be interviewed. After 4 weeks of no update, I called the recruiter and she responded that they still have candidates to be interviewed. Considering that they "need" someone soon, their hiring process is quite slow. It's been 4 months now, and I still see the job posting on their website. And on LinkedIn, it's showing that they no longer accepting application. It seems like their recruiter isn't passionate about helping candidates or the company to get people hired. Also, their recruiter work for other companies as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/How do you deal with multiple things at once?   Answer Question

Design Validation Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people. The first 3 people were nice, friendly, and polite, but when the last person came in (the manager) he was very rushed and gave off a "I don't really care about you, so let's hurry this up" kind of impression. He asked me two questions, what do you know about our products and have you built yourself a computer. After the second question, which I answered "No, I haven't built a computer for myself, but I've helped build a computer for my dad.", I was quickly dismissed for being under qualified for the job and he mentioned "any further time spent on this would be pointless". I've read on GlassDoor about the reviews of this company and about how upper management doesn't care about their employees, but I didn't know it was this bad.

From reading the job description and talking to the previous 3 interviewers about my tasks I was confident I could fit this role with a little bit of training, but obviously the manager didn't care for someone who needed an introduction. I've never been dismissed so rudely with the implication that I was "wasting his time" than I was in this interview. I feel bad for his co-workers who have to deal with his impatience and I understand that he could have been very busy at the time, but I was giving up my time to interview for them too. The least he could have done is shown a little interest.

My advice for those of you who want a job here is to find a job elsewhere, or if you really want a job here, then you have to be very interesting in order to keep the attention of the manager otherwise you will be dismissed very quickly. When working for a company that has poor management and doesn't care about it's employees, waking up in the morning will be tough. It's just not worth your time or the money to be looked down upon everyday at work.

Interview Questions

• What does the "L" stand for in DDRL3?
      Have you built yourself a computer?
      What do you know about our products?
      What do you know about PCs?
      Why do you want to change your career path?
      Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite standard. First, I met with the customer support team lead and he asked me the typical questions (what are your strengths, weaknesses, how would I benefit the team). Then I met with the technical support team lead and he asked more situation questions (what if, what would you do, how would you react) After both of those 1:1 interviews were done, the manager of the department finished up with asking more personal questions. All in all, quite standard.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I needed assistance on Live Chat and everyone was busy on calls?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corsair (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was invited to their facility in Freemont and the place was very nice. I was interviewed by three gentleman, who asked by several questions. I felt this was the most intense in-person interviews I had gone to, out of the five in total when I was looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions such as: Give me an example of when you failed at you previous job and how you learned from it? Whats the difference between a task and a delegation? How would you deal with having to respond to 100 tickets per day. (Tickets being issues customers need addressed with their hardware.

I ended up being offered the position, however, it felt like they wasted my time. Here's why:

I told them my minimum salary was $40,000 a year, and they offered me $17.00 an hour, which is much less than what I asked for. Had they told me my asking salary was too high, then we both would have saved each other's time. I ended up declining the offer.

To Corsair:

If Corsair is paying their current employees below the market level, which is what is seems according to GlassDoor, it will dissuade talent from attempting to apply there. In addition to this, its attrition rate will increase, and with that costs because of the money and it has to put in the recruitment and training process.

I would have avoided Corsair if I knew of the sub-standard pay.
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corsair.

Interview

First they state with a phone screen, then they invite you back for an in-person interview with 3 mid to high-level managers. Each will interview you separately. If you pass this interview, you move on to interview with the COO.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corsair in May 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks. I had applied for the position online and received a call back from the manager. To be honest, I thought I did poorly during the phone interview but at the end of the phone interview, we had agreed on a date for the in-person interview. The scheduling is done by the HR Coordinator. I was scheduled to interview with 4 people: 2 current CSR's, the Director, and the Manager. Overall time was for 2 hours.

The questions asked were pretty basic and standard interview questions about myself/past experience and my interest in the position and company. I asked my own questions about each person's impression of the company and culture because I was wary of the bad reviews I read here on glass door. I got the impression that they were not dissatisfied and that there was room for growth when starting out on the bottom as a CSR, so I left the interview feeling positive.

A few days later, I was emailed with background screening forms and compensation history. I filled those out and returned them immediately and received an offer letter a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• If it was down to you and another candidate, why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, as they gave me a fair offer based on my salary history.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. S/He called me and we got started off on the right foot. The hiring manager wanted to get a feel of me as an employee. Plus, the hiring manager wanted to understand my work experience. Assuming I passed this round, I would be interviewing directly with the CEO, who wants to interview all Director-level and above positions. I also understand that they are looking for next level potential.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Corsair (Fremont, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was hired as a technician and was promoted from within.

Interview Questions

• "What would you want to do if you ran your own business?"   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Corsair in October 2015.

Interview

sad the person was very hard on me but he was super nice and cool and talkative but rude. I think. but the office was nice and neat and organized yay

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corsair in December 2014.

Interview

I had telephone interview only and it was really easy. I had two interviews. One of the question that got my attention
     was what was my favourite Excel function and why, how did I contribute in my last position, why do you want to work for us and have you heard about our products ?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would fit here? What are your strengths, what is your favorite Excel function?   Answer Question