Coutts & Co Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.1

Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had to fill out an application form, then has a few numerical and non verbal tests. Passing these you then get a strength based telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. I was told that only my score in the assessment centre would affect getting a place since I've already passed the other steps to get to the assessment centre so they don't count anymore.

Private Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled in application, then got through to the next round. The next round i had to download an application and play 4 games on it. I got through to the telephone interview. The telephone interview was strengths based and it consisted of 4 sections. The interviewer was nice and repeated questions on request however could not explain. I found out a week later i did not get the job as some of my answers were not aligned wit their values and therefore I would be demotivated working for Coutts

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will help coutts become the most respected private bank within 4 years.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coutts & Co.

Interview

You're first asked to answer some competency question to start your application with. Then you are invited to do 3 tests. Situational, Judgemental (in form of a game) and numerical. Then you are invited to a telephone interview and if you pass, the final stage is an assessment centre.
    I have passed all the stages and I am waiting for them to tell me when the assessment centre will be held. (No offer yet)

Interview Questions

• Why Coutts?
      Tell me about a time you've helped Others?
      Tell me about a time you were asked to do something against your morals in your workplace?
      How do you approach working with a group?
      How have you achieved main goal with a group?
      What do you think this programme includes?   Answer Question

Senior Client Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

no shock q, straight forward.
    scenario based interview - 5 q & a task asking you to listen to 30 seconds of the opening of a call and you have to recollect some details

Client Banking Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was made via a recruitment agency, had to do a typing assessment (outcome in 24 hours). Following this, I was then put forward for telephone interview in 7 days' time (outcome within 5 working days), then face to face interview (outcome within 48 hours). According to feedback from others, outcome notification is a lot quicker if it is a no.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've completed a task with a high level of accuracy or attention to detail   1 Answer

Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

It's very ad-hoc and differs from team to team. My interview was a face to face one with the manager for the team I was being hired in. My enthusiasm to learn things which will be required in the job which I lack as a skill was the winning factor.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in an agile environment? How can you run a project using agile methods?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coutts & Co.

Interview

Applied through agency. Had initial 'chat' with WM, called back for 2nd 'formal' interview with WM and regional Senior WM, this interview consisted of about 1 hour of competency/hypothetical questions followed by the standard questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved an issue with a colleague?   Answer Question
    • Explain your response to being put in a high pressure environment with tight deadlines. What aspects do you focus on and how do you go about it?   Answer Question

Senior Client Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with a few standard interview questions like tell us about the company etc. Listening exercise and advise what you are proud to of achieved. You are to sound enthusiastic here and really confirm the skills you used to overcome a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• Q: what skills can you bring to the role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Analyst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

competency based on business analysis, management and driving change. Questions about coutts and co came up so best to do your homework. Interviewed by 2 direct managers on the newly created role. describe a time dealt with difficult stakeholder, all the usual standard questions asked at competency based interviews. very probing on scenarios so get lots of examples together

Client Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coutts & Co (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a telephone interview that lasted around twenty minutes.

I will try and give as much information as possible for people who are applying for this role in the future. The questions were along the lines as the following. Obviously not exactly the same but similar.

Tell us the three main things you know about our company.
    What are you main likes and dislikes at your current job?
    Give an example where you have used your problem solving skills.

There were a few more questions but I cant quite remember exactly what they were.
    Then I was asked to tell them what my greatest achievement was. I was also asked what difficulties I had to overcome to achieve this.

That was followed by a listening exercise which lasted around five minutes. They read out a scenario and ask you questions about it at the end. You need to remember things like the name of the client in the scenario, what kind of product she had and what she was asking to do (e.g in my case she was transferring £500 from her store card to her credit card and wanted to know how long it would take).

At the end of the interview they tell you that you will be notified by email if you are successful or not. I was emailed within a few hours and told I was not. I do however feel my interviewer did not phrase the questions very well and could have been a bit clearer when speaking which is something you would expect from someone working in a high level customer service job.