Coventry First Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Financial Analyst and Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Coventry First (Fort Washington, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

First met with VP of Contract Analysis for 15 min, very basic questions about my education and past experience, as well as my comfort with Excel. Then filled out an application (have references handy), took a 3 page math test and a 3 page grammar test. Math test consisted of long addition, long subtraction, long multiplication, long division, reducing a percent to its smallest fraction, a compound interest problem, and some spot the difference between numbers. Very easy. Grammar was full in that correct form of the verb and then find the most similar word to one given. Then I met with the AVP of Contract Analysis for another 15 min, simple questions again. Then another round of tests on a laptop. These were personality tests and logic tests, again very easy. Lastly met with SVP of Finance to chat about my experiences yet again. Whole day lasted about 2.5 hours. Waiting to see if I got the job. Don't really want it since it pays terribly, but have no other choices at the moment.

Staff Accountant/Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coventry First (Fort Washington, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and an interview was set up. The interview took 2 hours. The first part of the interview consisted of a basic math and grammar test. For the second part of the interview, I interviewed with the VP of Accounting and VP of Contract Analysis. They mostly talked about the company and their positions, and asked simple questions. I felt confident that I got most of the answers correct on the math and grammar test and that the interview went well. The next day, I was notified that I would not be offered a position because I did not pass the test to the company's standards, although I did get positive feedback on the interview. I find it hard to believe that having just graduated with a 3.8 GPA that I did not pass the test, but I guess I have to take their word for it, as they don't show you your scores or tell you how many you got wrong.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the job duties of a contract analyst?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite/least favorite class in college?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Coventry First (Fort Washington, PA).

Interview

First completed an application and testing that included math and grammar. I interviewed with a senior member of the Case Management department and then took a second test that was timed and asked personality questions. I was asked to come back another day to meet with a Vice President.

Interview Questions

• My knowledge of the company and what they did in the financial services industry.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coventry First (Fort Washington, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter, had no prior contact with anyone from Coventry until the interview. Interview consisted of a math and grammar test to start. Couldn't use a calculator, but the math test consisted of basic multiplication and division, a compound interest problem, and other basic financial problems. Then I met with the VP of the Finance department. I was originally supposed to meet with 2 other employees in the department according to the recruiter. I thought this was very unprofessional because I through I was meeting with other employees. Overall the interview questions were pretty basic and not too difficult.

Associate Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Coventry First.

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Typical questions- asked about resume, why I chose to apply for this position. There was a quiz given, nothing hard. Basic math questions- long addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Breaking down fractions, a cash flow question. The other part of the quiz consisted of choosing the correct form of a word for the sentence, and then choosing which word meant what.

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Coventry First.

Interview

I met with two people. Their headquarters are in a very odd place 30 min west of Philadelphia. The atmosphere gave me vibes of long hours and and unhappy people. I completed several tests including math, behavioral, grammar, etc. By the end of the three hour process I could tell the company was not for me. Hunting after the elderly to cash in on their life insurance policies and a $1.5 billion lawsuit from AIG paints a nice picture of how the company operates.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any out of the ordinary questions. Mostly how competitive am discussion of my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry First (Fort Washington, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

They made me wait two weeks to even get to the interview process. Then they had me sit in the interview room for half-an-hour because they got the time and scheduling messed up.(yeah right). The lady was dull and only spoke with me for 15 mins even though I showed great enthusiasm for the position.

It's been two weeks later and I still haven't gotten a call or any feedback from the interview.

This company is a disorganized mess, with the HR skills of an 18th century factory.

Interview Questions

• If you were calling another insurance company to obtain information needed to valuate a policy and the representative said the information could not be disclosed due to confidentiality, how would your respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry First (Fort Washington, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Prior to the interview a math and verbal skill test was administered. Both were paper tests, two to three pages long and calculators were not allowed. The math test consisted of long multiplicaction and division, reducing a percent to its lowest fractional term, a compoud interest problem, a fill-in-the-blank series and comparison of lists to determine error checking abilities. The verbal test format consisted of a given word, which then had to be matched to one of the four choices of words with the closest meaning. Overall, the caliper of math and verbal tests were SAT level. The interview which followed was formal and mostly focused on my resume and how my skills would benefit the position. The only outlier question asked was "if you were calling another insurance company to obtain information needed to valuate a policy and the representative said the information could not be disclosed due to confidentiality, how would your respond?" In the end, the feedback I received from the recruiter was that my interview went well, however I was not made an offer due to my math test score. In my opinion, this is an unreasonable screening process because I am a former computer science major who graduated with a high GPA in Finance and presently am studying for the CFA; clearly my math knowledge extends far beyond solving basic math problems. Unfortunately, in this day in age with Excel and HP12c financial calculators it has been a while since I have solved basic problems with an old fashioned paper and pencil. My advice for someone interviewing with Coventry First for an analyst position is to research their business, which is the secondary life insurance market, and do some basic math review on kahnacademy.org.

Interview Questions

• If you were calling another insurance company to obtain information needed to valuate a policy and the representative said the information could not be disclosed due to confidentiality, how would your respond?   1 Answer

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coventry First in July 2010.

Interview

Was called in for an interview consisting of 2 tests (one a math/logistics and verbal/grammar and the other a personality test) and a one on one interview. Was notified next day that I was not a good fit for the company based on personality test.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry First in January 2010.

Interview

no initial phone interview. in person interview was fairly easy and straightforward. skills and personality tests, followed by meeting with several directors of the department. heard back through my recruiter, not the company.