CoverMyMeds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CoverMyMeds

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied on their site for the software engineer position.
    Got a call back within a week to talk about my experiences, interests etc...
    Next step was an online video coding challenge that tested front end, sql and backend/mid tier technologies.
    Got a call back in about 2 weeks about a code day. Was given the option to do it remotely, but I decided to do it on site.
    Code day is such an amazing experience. I was exhausted by the end of the day, but I really got a feel for what the team works like and how everyone is. Got to work on a full stack app with help from the team and present to them at the end of the day. I thought I did horrible, but they weren't judging my app for completeness. It's impossible to get that done in a day. They care about how you prioritize your work, how you interact with the team, ask questions, and your overall approach and knowledge of the stack you are using.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process has been great so far. Everyone I've spoken with has been super friendly, and all of the interviews have felt more like conversations (about the company, the position, my background, etc.).

As for the process itself ... I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview, which took place about a week later. After the phone interview I was given two online tests to complete (a personality test and a logic test), and then the following day I received an email about coming in to the CMM office to have a face-to-face interview. I interviewed with two people (one in person, and one via conference call), and then I was given a tour of the office (which is awesome). Received a follow-up email later that day, and am now waiting to (hopefully) move forward in the process.

[The interview process is still ongoing, so this is a to-be-continued review - hopefully with a happy ending!]

Interview Questions

• Situational questions regarding contract negotiation and working with internal partners   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Upon being chosen to continue forward with the interview process there were two conversations that took place:

- Skype interview with a developer and recruiter
    - Live coding session with two developers

Interview Questions

• A variety of questions were asked in regards to the position and my development background:

- Design aspects ( Proper construction of an HTML5 document )
      - Method/function definitions and what the function was doing.
      - Simple tokenization
      - Basic SQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted an inquiry via email and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. The first interview was a technical screening.

The second interview was a technical interview via video conference and screen sharing. It covered the basics of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, "server side" scripting, and SQL operations.

The third interview was at the CoverMyMeds HQ in Columbus Ohio and it was a full day. I was given a project that required me to build a web application (using a framework/method of my choosing). In the morning I met with two DBAs to discuss the data model, and in the afternoon was supposed to pair with a developer on the team - but that didn't quite work out. Toward the end of the day, I had to present the application to a team of developers.

This code day interview would probably be simple for someone who is currently a full-stack developer. However, I've had to be focused on the "back end" for the past several years, so for me, it was difficult. I spent WAY too much time on the data model and didn't get to the UI at all. My end result was barely functional. I was incredibly disappointed.

What would have helped me is pairing with a developer at the very start of the day. Due to the fact that my ADHD causes my thinking and analysis processes to slow down when I'm nervous, the input from another developer, early in the process, would have helped me stay on track and deliver a better end product.

Interview Questions

• Generate a visual element on an HTML page, center it, style it, and make it repeat for a total of 300 items.   Answer Question
    • Given several paragraphs of text, determine the frequency of each word. Output the result as the list of words and their count in descending order of frequency.   Answer Question
    • Create a SQL database, add a simple table to it, import records from a CSV, write a query to display the records in the table (i.e. a SELECT statement), and then display the records sorted by a given column.   Answer Question
    • Do some "rubber duck" debugging on a couple pieces of JavaScript code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and consisted of multiple examinations.

The first round of the interview process was a phone interview with a very knowledgeable recruiter. It was quite in-depth in terms of technical knowledge and wasn't typical interview questions.

The second round of the process was a screen-shared coding interview with a CoverMyMeds developer. I was given two problems to complete within an hour using whatever web development and programming frameworks I wanted.

The third and final portion of the interview process was a "code day" at their offices in Columbus. It included office tours, paired programming with their developers, and a final presentation/questioning of what they had asked me to create.

It was a great experience full of many great people.

Interview Questions

• - Generate a webpage using HTML/CSS/JavaScript with text, styling, and scripts
      - Read text from a file and interpret /sort them based on occurance   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a first round of phone interview with one of the technical recruiters. She briefly talked about their company, work, and discussed about my background. The second round was a coding interview with one of their developers, I had two questions, and about an hour to complete it. After this, they sent me a homework problem to build an application using a framework. The final round was code day at their office in Columbus, OH. Overall it was a great experience, from phone interview till the code day, they were extremely helpful in every step in their process.

Interview Questions

• The first question was an HTML and javascript based programming question. The second one was a generic programming question using any language of your choice. Finally, I was asked to develop an application using a framework.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a first round interview that was over the web via their video conferencing software. The process was smooth up until this point. I found the interview a little awkward. The interviewer just waited on the other end while I coded, only popping in occasionally to see if I was ok. There wasn't much talking. However, it is nice that once you get the interview over with, they leave you with the rest of the night to finish your code and send it to them in case you don't finish in the allotted time.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to build a basic HTML website with some requirements around styling and javascript.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process had three major rounds. The first round was a straightforward resume based (phone interview) where-in the technical recruiter asked questions based on my past work experience and projects. The impressive thing here was that the recruiter knew quite a lot in the technical field (web development to be precise), based on the questions asked and overall discussions made during the phone interview.

The second round was a live coding interview with a developer. They essentially give you two programming questions to solve within the span of one hour. They observe the approach and method you use while trying to solve the question, and ask you additional questions in case you are stuck somewhere or you do not have enough time remaining. It was a very smooth process and based on how I did they called me for the final round, which was an all-day coding interview round at their office in Columbus.

The final round was one of its kind. It was more of a problem solving round, where-in they give you a sort of mock up or problem that a customer is facing, and ask you to develop the solution which is a full stack web application, using any framework that you're comfortable with, that satisfies the requirements. The application is tedious and lengthy but it is doable. You will be paired with developers from the company who will be with you observing your approach, and also help you in case you require any. Unfortunately I was not able to show enough working code by the end of the day.

All in all the experience was good, friendly people, excellent work culture. They try to get to know you, and you can do the same.

Interview Questions

• Develop a full stack web application based on a customer issue.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds in October 2015.

Interview

First up was a HR phone interview where they just ask about your past exp, skills, etc. Followed by a coding challenge over screen sharing. The person who conducted this coding screen-share challenge seemed really rude at first, but towards the end struck a good conversation and gave some pointers for the next steps which would be a code day at their headquarters.
    Over the span of the interview process I got to know about their requirements in terms of knowing their technology stack. Considering you're applying for a Co-op position, they aren't satisfied with basic web dev experience and a desire and proven ability to pick up new stuff fairly quickly. What do they pay you ? $20/hour ?
    I personally know people who're really proficient with all the latest web frameworks and have experience on working with stuff like REST. But they work for BIG companies and better pays!!
    I can't believe these people expect a Co-op to just know everything and work for them for $20 an hour for 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Screen-share was mainly about some basic html and JS for front-end development where you had to make a certain section of text repeat 300 times with every 5th instance printing a different message.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

First was a kind of "first date" showing off the office and work culture, as well as a few probing technical questions to make sure I knew what a computer was. A few weeks later, I had two solve two coding problems while one of the devs watched via video conference. The problems were pretty simple - the kind of thing you'd expect from a second level programming course. One dealt with HTML, CSS, and Javascript. The second was a really common interview question. I don't want to give it away, but you can count on my word that any coding interview question book will go over it. The last and most intense part was a full day coding interview. It was a like a solo hackathon, a pressure cooker to see how you react under duress. Given a fake customer request, the problem was to create an entire web application in about 8 hours, given a week or so of prep to get the skeleton and CSS finished. You're encouraged to pair with two other co-ops to solve the problem, but their effectiveness is a roll of the dice. You can use whatever web app framework you want, and if the co-op isn't familiar with that framework you're up a creek. Ostensibly the code day is supposed to test your ability to prioritize, but you should also spend time asking questions to other co-ops and devs about the work culture - I wish I had done that. At the end, you present your application in front of a dozen or so developers, co-ops, and an unknown cabal on a phone conference. The questioning part is intense - they want to see if you know how to admit that you don't know something. Truth be told, they don't even know the answer to some of their questions. Keep cool, tell a few jokes, and admit when you don't know, and you'll survive. This is one of the most intense interviews you can go through for an entry-level tech job in Ohio. If you make it through, that's an accomplishment on its own.

Interview Questions

• "Pretend I'm the (coding language) interpreter. How would I read this line in your code?"   Answer Question
    • Where do the URL parameters come from?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoverMyMeds (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online using the company's website, I received an email from the HR recruiter and we set up a telephone interview. The telephone interview went great, at the end of the call she indicated that she thought I'd be a great fit. She indicated that she would let the hiring manager know and suggest that we set up an in person interview to explore the opportunity further. After 3 months and 3 follow up emails, I have yet to receive a response. Based on the fact that this company was one of Glassdoor's Top Places to Work in 2017, I expected more. A simple email or reply email indicating they were no longer interested or that the position was no longer available would have been welcomed.