Crane Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crane Co. (Blue Ash, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Things will seem like any other company. They take a while get through a process and make a decision. It is not until you get to the in person interview, that you truly get an impression of what kind of company Crane is. It is like there is some secret code you need to "fit" into their organization, regardless of experience.

Interview Questions

• The in person interview process is like a combination of CSI and this is your life. I have been out of school over 20 years and they started in High School and College. Then, they start going through jobs that you had, that were not even on your resume. Having you carefully walk through each one. What did you do? What did you like? What didn't you like? When did you fail? When did you succeed? What didn't you like about your boss? What would your boss say about you? Can we call your old boss? It went on like this for 4 hours, each time asking if they can call your old bosses, to see your reaction. Hoping to dig up some rotten corpse in your background, that will give them some idea of who you were 15 years ago, regardless of who you are now. Leads one to wonder if it is just as tedious to work there, and try to get anything accomplished. Complete and utter waste of time. Instead of trying to build trust and have an honest progression towards a possible offer, it instead turned into a life audit. Very unimpressed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume at a university career fair. I was then called and given a phone interview. After the phone interview I was brought in for an in person interview. A few days later I was called and offered the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Crane Co. (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Not too stiff of a process. It was at a conference in Atlanta and felt informal, but still serious. We sat down at the conference for a one on one interview. It was very much about my goals and my vision for my future. I could tell the company wants people who will be great assets and stick around.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your ultimate career goals? What do you hope to get out of this internship?   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Crane Co. (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The meetings were very concise. They asked exactly how i would make decisions. It was a very formal process. The direct manager and HR representative were present 1st time. More and more people showed up for the 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

• How i would work under stress. What were my biggest challenges. What i knew about the company. What were some of the actions i would take in certain situations.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Crane Co. in December 2014.

Interview

An 40 min interview with the headquarter supply chain director and plant manager, followed by phone interview with the direct manager of the plant. The overall interview was friendly and encouraging.

Global Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Crane Co..

Interview

Panel style and the HR Manager did most of the talking. Took 4 hours and we took several breaks. The questions asked were all of the same for each of my former jobs and towards the end I know what was going to be asked of me.

Interview Questions

• What have been your mistakes and what have you done to correct them?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crane Co. (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very Organized. Pre-screening through phone followed by almost a 3 hour chronological in-depth interview. One should be well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Related to personality/managing people/situation based.   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crane Co. (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Sumbitted online application.Contacted aftewr 1 month did 2 interviews.I was offered job.Background check and drug screen took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Could I bring over Owner Operators from previous position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

so easy that I didn;t ask enough questions about company and the position.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crane Co. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

The interview process starts as a phone interview with a couple managers. If the interview goes well, you get an email to schedule an on site interview. On site, you take a tour of the facility, then sit down with the managers who you initially spoke with on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Questions were scenario based, not technical. Questions were not unexpected, a good thing would be to review some manufacturing processes if you are not a manufacturing engineer, or do not have a production background.   Answer Question