Crane Co. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Crane Co. CEO Max H. Mitchell
Max H. Mitchell

Pros
  • Super willing to help out whenever needed and answer any questions I asked (in 4 reviews)

• Good people working extremely hard to make a difference, meet exceedingly difficult goals (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of training, lack of time, no work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Management is disrespectful, stress level through the roof, no work/life balance, management is never satisfied (in 3 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

I worked at Crane Co. full-time

Pros

Very Awesome place to work

Cons

There are no negative's working here

2. "See resume"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Crane Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interface with consumers. Great working environment.

Cons

Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing. Nothing

Advice to Management

N/A

3. "Life at Crane Co."

Current Employee - Material Handler
    Current Employee - Material Handler

I have been working at Crane Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Coworkers are great, very helpful. If you succeed, they succeed. Work is not easy, but not hard. Pay is great for type of work you actually do. Benefits are good. Fairly easy to move up, if you are willing to put the work in. Schedule is great for someone with a family. Normal work schedule is 4/10 hour shifts with the occasional12 hour shift.

Cons

Work can be monotonous. Too many temps. They have adopted the "puppies and rainbows" outlook. Work load can be alot sometimes.

Advice to Management

Listen to your veteran employees. Look at things through your employees on the floor eyes.

5. "Stay far far away from this place"

Pros

None. Absolutely none at all. None. Absolutely none at all. None. Absolutely none at all. None. Absolutely none at all.

Cons

Environment is a disgrace. People suck. Processes suck. You have been warned. Stay far away. I promise you can do much better working for a sanitation department.

6. "Buyer Planner"

Pros

Co workers were friendly and helpful. Most everyone there helps each other out.

Cons

lack of training, lack of time, no work life balance.

Advice to Management

create more time to train

7. "Managers Way Over Their Head"

Former Employee - Project Management in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Project Management in Omaha, NE

I worked at Crane Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are in line with market, but nothing to write home about.

Cons

Processes cloud the very issues at hand and those issues are literally painted over and never really solved. Lack processes to identify the very root of the matter and solve it. Managers get way in over their heads and after ignoring team members find themselves in a situation where they are demoted and let go, or want to get back to their former job. It is better that they are let go because they have lost all credibility.

Advice to Management

Square pegs don't fit round holes.

8. "Fast paced environment with good benefits"

Former Employee - Material Handler
    Former Employee - Material Handler

I worked at Crane Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is pretty good for a manufacturing job with lots of overtime and friendly co-workers and decent management. I liked working here.

Cons

I worked at Crane Co for 23 years previously and had to leave due to my wife getting relocated. Their hiring practice has now changed to temp only and I was let go after 6 months due to slow down in orders. I think I should have been given some consideration for full time employment for the fact that I had worked there for so long previously.

Advice to Management

You will get a better caliber of worker hiring full time employees and have less turnover than you do with temps in my opinion

"Field Service Engineer"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Travel to different nuclear power plants both domestic and international. Meat new people at every job site and cultures.

Cons

Make promises that they never keep. Lies to employees way too often. Always seems to change job descriptions to better suit themselves instead of staying within the job outline.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Tell those things they think we want to hear to keep us from leaving and going to their competition.

"Nightmare CEO"

Former Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I worked at Crane Co. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Crane has one of the best Business Systems in the fortune 500 but not the talent or leadership to properly execute it with the lost of Tom Perlitz who was in charge of corporate strategy and the development of the Crane business System...

There some very interesting businesses here...

Cons

The CEO is a nightmare who uses intimidation and fear to motivate employees... He doesn't listen to his executive teams and is threatened by anyone who challenges his ideas or authority... He is an ex-automotive executive who thinks simplistic business models apply across all businesses regardless of channel or market... He behaves one way in front of the board and is a nightmare to deal with one on one. He h put the health of several executives at risk. He is very jealous of others success and competitive with those that work for him and talks constantly about his legacy with his inner circle...

They only target to be in the top 50% of pay and they work very hard at the corporate level to minimize pay of their employees...

Advice to Management

Upgrade with a modern CEO with understands to value of people and the complexity of running a successful diversified... Move to a more modern culture of respect curiosity and sound business models...

11. "Retail Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in McLean, VA

I worked at Crane Co. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back work environment working with a quality product that people want.

Cons

not much room for advancement in the retail division

Advice to Management

The retail shops don't get a whole lot of attention. I dont know if they still have them around.