Crossvale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Crossvale (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews one with a few members of the team and another with the CTO. They will ghost you. I haven't heard anything back from them for more than 6 months. I reached out to the recruiter but she said they are still in their hiring process. I already have a job and they wasted my time. The team I interviewed was pretty cool. I had a difficult time understanding the CTO. He has a strong Spanish accent and I couldn't understand half of the things he was telling me.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crossvale (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I first met with the CFO, which seemed a little weird to me. I was applying for an IT position, why am I speaking with the CFO? I then met with a lead developer and the CEO, who was himself a technical person. I told them what I was looking for as far as compensation and they came back with an offer lower than I had stated.

Interview Questions

• There was a bit of a technical part of the interview but it didn't seem planned or standardized. I was asked to find the errors in a code segment in a language that I hadn't used in several years.   Answer Question

Java Developer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Crossvale (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The initial job posting listed an unusually large number of technologies for an entry level position, but I applied anyways.

I feel that the recruiter I worked with didn't really understand the meaning behind particular job titles, which gave me some reservations. The position I applied for was referred to by 3 separate titles. I applied for a "Java developer - entry level" position, but my initial phone screening was for a "Developer / Integration Developer", while my technical interview was for a "Developer backend" position. Perhaps those things all refer to the same thing inside the company, but they have different implications to those on the outside, I'm not sure why consistent terminology isn't used.

After a phone screening, I took an online assessment which included background questions and basic math problems. Some parts of the assessment were a waste of time. Even if I had provided drugs to a coworker or stolen from an employer in the past, I wouldn't admit it, regardless of the multiple ways the questions were presented.

This was followed by an online Java technical assessment, which was fairly straightforward.

I was then scheduled for an in-person technical interview, which was a disaster. I felt as if the interviewer had never seen my resume before, and was coming up with questions as we went along. As for the interview itself, I admittedly had trouble with some of the questions, which were more difficult than other technical interviews I've been through. However, some of them were on topics that I never claimed to have any knowledge of. I feel that my resume should've disqualified me from making it to the interview. No need to bring me in just so I can profess my ignorance of certain topics in person.

The interviewer also asked me a question about basic Java terminology and told me my answer was incorrect. Researching on my own, I discovered that the explanation the interviewer gave conflicts with the official Java documentation.

At the conclusion of the technical interview, I was told that I wasn't a match for the position, but that I might be considered for one of their more junior job openings in the future. I don't know what kind of job is junior to an entry-level position, but perhaps that job should be called "entry level" instead of the one I applied for.

Interview Questions

• In Java, what is the difference between a variable and a field?   Answer Question

Associate/UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Crossvale (Birmingham, AL) in August 2018.

Interview

Extremely Professional. HR was very nice. The following things happened to lead to an offer:
    1. Phone Background conversation with HR in Dallas
    2. Zoom(like skype but can see computer screen) interview with two current employees. This consisted of a quick multiple choice test about basic web dev and angularjs, then an approx. 30min. web development test. I built a very basic shopping app right in front of them.
    3. An IQ like timed test, a character test, and another intelligence test with algebra and string resemblance stuff.
    This all took roughly 10 days and on came the offer!

Interview Questions

• What are some recent projects you have been working on lately?   Answer Question