Custom Computer Specialists Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.1

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

As other people mentioned, the first step was an enjoying 50 questions in 12 mins. The questions were not that hard. Just test your logic and how careful you are. Then, I had my first interview with the recruiter who called me. The questions were about my experiences. She was so nice and friendly. It had no dead air while interviewing, we smiled and laughed together. After that she asked me to talk to another person which I counted it as my second interview. The second interview was talking with a manager of their network engineer department. The questions were a little bit more technical than interviewing with the recruiter. Yet, he wanted me to talk to another person which is more technical. However, the guy who he wanted me to talk to already left the office because it was quite late of that day. So, he told me he will give my files to the recruiter and she will schedule me when to have an interview with the third person.
    In sum, everything went very well in my opinion and they were so nice to me. I am so interested to work with them. However, I haven't heard anything back from them since my interview date. It's might because of the 4th of July long weekend. I will update again once I get something new.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY).

Interview

I was phone screened by a very nice recruiter. She sent me a detailed email explaining the steps of the interview process and instructions to fill out the online application and bring it in with me. I met with 2 different people: the recruiter and a lady who administered their pre-employment test. Both were nice, particularly the recruiter. The 1 thing I did not like about the process was taking what I believe was a Wonderlich test. You have 10 minutes to answer 50 something questions. People are already nervous on interviews, and then you get blindsided with an SAT like test that you have to complete in 10 minutes. It wasn't fun. Some people are not good test takers and have test anxiety. I'm unsure if they can really predict or dictate if you're a good fit for the position or predict how successful you would be at a job. Just like some people don't interview well and end up being great workers. Or there are people who interview well and end up not being good workers. Although I didn't get the job, I was impressed with how organized and efficient their interviewing process was. They did send me a polite rejection email. Other companies are not nearly as polite or as thorough as this company is.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I passed a phone interview containing general questions regarding my experience as a project manager and was invited to onsite interview.
    I was given a test and left in a room for 20 minutes to answer as much as I could (I was told that no one was able to finish all the questions, but is built in order to understand you thought process, and basic mathematical skills).

The HR was extremely nice and welcoming. There were some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict situation in you last job and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Account Manager K-12 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Long Beach, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with Director of sales. meeting was at the Long Island office. Also had a phone interview the recruiter and then another one onsite... the process was pretty straight forward...

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Before the interview even started they gave me pre-employment test, 12 minutes / 50 questions - get as many questions as you can. I only spoke with one person, I believe she was HR. They also tested me on my resume - whether what I wrote in it was true. The whole process took under 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience (from resume)   1 Answer

Account Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First I received a call from the Recruiting Manager to schedule an interview. Prior to meeting with the Sales Manager I was given an assessment. I met with the Sales Manager and he asked specific questions regarding my experience and gaps within my resume. I had second interview with Sales Director and he discussed the role requirements. That same day I met with another I interview with Account Support Representative and she shared her day-to-day experience and the culture of the team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Recruiting team is great. Very patient throughout the whole interview process.
    My onboarding process was very clear and easy as I was directed in the right direction by the HR team.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

You will go through several phone interviews, First with HR, Then a manager who over sees the techs. After that they will ask you if it is alright to run a background check and or for you to get fingerprinted depending on where the position is. Then you come in for a formal interview. If that goes well within a week they will call you back and give you a date for Orientation. For this job the questions for the interview were mostly about my experience in the field and my depth of knowledge relating to the current spectrum of available technologies.

Interview Questions

• A lot of hypothetical technical questions unrelated to my job scope. Mostly the engineering aspect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me 32,000 I asked given my experience in my field if they would give me more. They came back with 36,500 which i was more content with. They told me at the end of each year you spend at the company you will undergo review. if you pull your weight during the year you will be given a raise. I will update when this time comes for me.

Sales Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Took a while to get hired after interview. The Sales Director had been traveling on business so the process was a little longer than expected but the outcome was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have intermediate excel experience? Can you work well without micro managing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was ultimately hired through a staffing agency and there was no wiggle room. I started on their terms and once I was hired by Custom as full time, permanent employee, they brought my pay up to where I was expecting.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Custom Computer Specialists (Hauppauge, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and it took a few weeks before the interview was scheduled. The interview process was pretty usual but getting a decision took forever. Had to be interviewed by a psychologist before the final offer was made. The interview with the psychologist was a totally worthless experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult was to describe the first 90 days.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation process. I accepted the offer that was made to me.