Cvent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cvent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2018

2.8

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

I applied through a career fair at my university. They contacted me through email to apply, and I did. After the initial screening, I was contacted for a phone interview with one of the software engineers at the company.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent (Tysons, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview quickly led to in-person interview with the managers and team leads. I met with three at a time. Cvent likes having multiple-person interviews, so that they can evaluate on personal fit as well.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cvent (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Cvent's Recruiter over the phone. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. Once you pass the screening process, they give you information about their awesome benefits. The recruiter allowed me to pick the time when I could interview over the phone with the main trainer in the Atlanta office. The interviewer called me while she was stuck in Atlanta's traffic. You can imagine how that interview went. The interview was supposed to include one other trainer but they were both stuck in traffic. Needless to say, the interview lasted 5-6 minutes mostly discussing the traffic. I was only asked two questions that were training related. That was it. Following the interview, I emailed the main trainer to thank her for the interview but she never responded. I emailed the recruiter and she apologized; they were not considering me for the position. I don't know how that could have happened since I only interviewed for 10 minutes and she was in rush hour traffic. That wasn't fair!

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills or experience do you have?
      What types of presentation software are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent in October 2014.

Interview

Rigorous interview process; however, it was a great opportunity to meet multiple people from different business units and get a well-rounded view of the company culture. While the interview process was 5 hours, those 5 hours enabled me to gain insight into all facets of the business which is important for my role now within the company. I especially liked that the Recruiting team provided me the names/titles of the people I was set to meet with prior to the interview day so that I could do some research and prepare more targeted questions. The background check was quick and painless, and the cadence of the follow-up from my Recruiter was perfect - she stayed in frequent touch with me throughout the process to advise me of the status and was very responsive. Overall, good experience. My only recommendation might be to shorten the rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many unexpected questions, most of them were very pertinent to the job you were interviewing for. The situational interview questions were probably the most challenging, but this is a great opportunity to prove yourself and therefore are important to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase consisted of a few back and forths, mostly related to salary.

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cvent (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was simple and useless.
    30 minutes aptitude test online - cleared it. Then 2 technical round with senior managers. 1st technical round took 1.30 mintues. Interview was taking 2,3 interviews in parallel. He was leaving after 5 minutes with some problem and then come and again repeating. Anyway cleared it. Then next technical round was with some senior manager who was not aware of what he was asking. He was asked simple problem of file processing in async. I explained but he was impatient to handle it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied online in July. After about two weeks, I got an email from a senior technical recruiter asking for a time and date for a phone interview. I replied and got an email back from the person confirming the date and time. I waited around for the call for the whole afternoon. The call never came.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cvent (Tysons, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied via university career service and got a on-campus interview. After that, on site interview. Talked to 4 groups of people. There was a company tour and presentation during the process. Asked a lot of technical questions.

One thing that is frustrating is that during the interview, HR told me decision is going to be made in less than 10 days, but in fact, it took 30 days for me to receive the decision email. I called and emailed a lot of people asking what was happening and I hardly got any responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied for the position through my university career center. I was then invited for an at campus interview. There was some miscommunication in the original announcement about the location. I would classify it as a generic campus interview. I was asked some data structure and problem solving questions. The intent is to see if you know what you have learned learned and if you can apply it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cvent (McLean, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

HR ppl are efficient. Couple IQ questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cvent (Arlington, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

After applying to the position off my school's career center website, I was emailed back telling me time slots on when to meet. The time slot I took was 15 minutes late. I got into the interview room, and it was a 1 on 1 and the interviewer was very nice. He asked me some basic questions about SQL and Object-Oriented concepts and gave me a problem to solve.

Interview Questions

• How many squares are on the surface of a 10x10x10 cube?   1 Answer