Cvent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cvent Interview Questions

Interviews at Cvent

2.8

Client Success Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen was great and went immediately to the aptitude test - passed that and on to the phone screen which went great. I was excited when talking to the hiring manager and even had an internal referral from someone on the team (which - quite honestly - was the only reason I stuck it out). After my phone screen, the recruiter called with questions - I was shocked how much she grilled me at this stage about my salary requirements. I was completely comfortable sharing my total comp but felt some questions (“what month do you receive your bonus?” “What exactly was your bonus?”) were far too intrusive to be nowhere near the offer stage. Then, MUCH to my surprise, they asked me for a complete five-year compensation history including W2 reported income, bonus amounts, and more! I was shocked and reluctantly completed it as I, 1. knew another candidate in the process who did NOT have to fill that out (which could quickly be seen as discriminatory so I would recommend they stop that practice immediately) and 2. still had not had an in-person interview. They then asked me to retake the aptitude test only they wanted to watch me take it this time (honestly, if you don’t trust your candidates, don’t hire them - this practice is insulting to people of this level). I have 15 years of experience and an MBA, I don’t need recruiters “verifying” I didn’t cheat on an online aptitude test. Finally, I got to the face to face interview - I drove four hours each way to interview in-person. I spent half a day there and met with 4-5 individuals on the team. I was, again, excited and chocked up the recruiting experience as isolated from the actual team with whom I would work. They told me it went excellent and the team was very impressed! Nothing but 100% positive feedback. I was waiting for an offer when covid-19 hit and - all of a sudden - got a VERY unexpected email saying “we are now interviewing other people and you will hear more next week”. I was polite and responded that I understood and - two months later - I still have not heard one word from the recruiter in India who had (before then) communicated with me every other day for weeks. Extremely disappointing process, disrespectful regard for my time, and disheartening for candidates who put lots of energy into the process. I understand the pandemic but, seriously? One honest email or phone call was all it took.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of your salary is bonus? When do you receive it (what month)? Tell me details of your benefits.   Answer Question
    • This position is listed as a “Client Success Manager” but we often don’t bring people in at that level. Would you be willing to accepted a “Client Success Consultant or Analyst” role?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Cvent?   Answer Question
    • What client support experience do you have?   Answer Question

Applications Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

4 rounds, 3 phone interviews and one final on site.
    Final onsite was 3 hours. I was told I’ll get the results by the next week, but I never heard back from their recruiter since.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent (Atlanta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

1. HR Call
    2. Technical Phone Call
    3. Aptitude Test (HR Procator)
    4. Onsite Interview
    a. Round 1 - Front End Interview Coding
    b. Round 2 - Back End Interview
    c. Round 3 - Technical Basic Round
    d. Round 4 - Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical Phone Call - Javascript Question on curling f(2)(5)(9), check if Anagram etc
      2. Onsite Round 1 - Discussion on implementing state machine type UI with backend API. Focused more system design.
      3. Onsite Round 2 - Implement Queue with 2 Stacks. Java Threads question, Implementation details of concurrent HashMap in Java, explain Java Memory model, Project discussion.
      4. Onsite Round 3 - Basic Technical discussion on resume
      5. Onsite Round 4 - Hiring Manager basic   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

One campus interview and one onsite interview, campus interview was only 45 minutes, so 5 min behavioral and 40 minutes technical. The interviewer I had was very new to CVent (only working there for 2 weeks), but he was very nice

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

all I remember is that they took a while to get back to me - they're making me type this review to unlock the other salaries that I want to see so definitely dont put any weight into this particular review - I interviewed with them in like 2018 things have definitely changed

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent in February 2020.

Interview

First, i had a phone call with a Cvent recruiter. Then, I had to retake the assessment while it was proctored. Then had a phone call with hiring manager. Process moved fast. Heard back shortly after the phone call with the manager that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses. How would your friends describe you, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

Very laid-back phone call, easy to talk to. Asked questions not only about background but also personal questions as well. Communicated about the position and expectations of the role

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

On-Campus Interview, Interviewed with a system architect at Cvent. I was asked some resume and behavioral questions and an easy coding question. But the description was very unclear.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions + schedule arranging code question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent (Tysons, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

First, there was an Informational Interview (Phone) where you discuss the position itself and your personal background. From here you get a Phone Interview with a CVent manager (Behavioral questions-30 minutes long). Following Phone Interview 2, you take an IQ test online that takes 30 minutes and is proctored. Following this, an In-Person Interview at Headquarters takes place which is about 3-4 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cvent (Tysons, VA) in December 2019.

Interview

1st round was an on campus interview. All questions regarding my resume and why I want to be in sales. 2nd round was an onsite interview with an hour of shadowing followed by 4 half hour interviews with team leads. Everyone was really nice and informative about the position. The first two interviews were behavioral and about resume. The third consisted of a sales role play. The final interview was more of a conversation with the sales director.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you ever set out to do and how did it go?   Answer Question