Cvent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cvent Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.8

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

I had to take a two part quiz testing my personality and overall IQ. I was then asked to take the quiz again while being watched basically through Skype..something they told me they ask all their applicants to do, but waste of time in my opinion, if you don't trust applicants to take the test without being watch, watch the initial test and be done with it! I then had a 30 minute phone call with the recruiter and the hiring manager. Last I was brought into the office and met with a handful of people I would be working with, a total of 6 hours. Then absolute crickets...never received any sort of offer or rejection. Given I invested a good amount of time I would expect at bare minimum and generic rejection email. Proves this is not a company that respects others' time. To be fully honest i was never going to take the job after researching the company, Cvent is known for long hours and low low pay, They try to recruit leveraging team Happy Hours and a keg in the kitchen.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Interview

Cvent invites you into their office for a half day interview (approximately 5 hours). The first thing asked of you is to complete the online cognitive assessment again in person. Next you have one-on-one interviews with 4 different interviewers. You also shadow a current SDR. Lastly you meet with HR. Overall, it was a great experience and I was able to get an idea of what a day in the office would be like. Be prepared for a long day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Began with a quiz online which was half personality questions and half critical thinking. Then had a brief phone interview, they asked very general questions like "What do you think about the commute?" and "What motivates you?" and "How did you hear about this company?". Got asked to come in for an in person interview which took about 6 hours. I met with 5 people and shadowed a current employee. Seemed nice, one of the interviewers was a little abrasive but over all an easy experience.

Senior Human Resources Ops Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

I was contacted by Talent Acquisition a few weeks after I applied and passed the initial skills test.

I had a short interview and then was asked to interview with the hiring manager and then a senior leader. They really didn't ask any behavioral based interview questions, but gave a really good overview of the company and potential tasks of the role.

If I were basing my review on just my experience with the senior leader, I would give this organization a strong rating. Unfortunately, Talent Acquisition seemed very disorganized to the point I did not even know if interview times were confirmed until the day of the interview - one only 2 hours in advance. I attempted to follow up twice after my third interview, only to be ignored.

I am actually not disappointed I was not selected for the job. It's the way I was treated following three interviews that bothered me.

Senior leadership stated the position would focus heavily on "employee experience". In my opinion, this starts with recruiting. Any candidate who gives a company time for three interviews should at least get a phone call - even if to decline him/her. Sending a standard email and hiding behind technology is disrespectful. Given other reviews that state the same, I'm guessing this is more of a cultural issue, which wouldn't have worked for me anyway.

Advice to leadership - place more of a focus on a good recruiting experience as a start to creating a good employee experience.

Client Success Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cvent (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview is with a recruiter over the phone, the second is with a manager over the phone, and then after that they offer you the chance to go into the office and interview with 2-3 managers and shadow a current employee in the role. Throughout the process, you take an assessment at home and then the same assessment in person at the office. My overall experience with the interviews both over the phone and in person were very positive. I got all the way to the last round of interviews and at the office, I was told I would hear within the next 3-4 days at the latest. After I did not hear for 6 days, I sent a follow up email. Never received a response and/or decision after making it to the last round and that is what made the experience negative overall. It seems to be a very highly regarded company that prides itself on integrity and community yet they, for some reason, are not able to tell a candidate who made it to the last round that he/she did not get the job, even after that candidate sent follow-up 'thank you' emails to her interviewers AND reached out to the recruiter. It is a very simple task that goes a long way and can alter a company's reputation in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Explain the step-by-step process of how to do something to someone who has never heard of it or done it before. It can be anything.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

1) telephonic discussion with HR
    2) Aptitude test from home
    3) telephonic round : technical
    4) In-person : Technical - there were 3 interviews back to back . Basically they will test your approach

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test 50 questions 15 min
      Telephonic : Codility test : find maximum ones between zeros
      In-person Interview : 3 interviews : basic programs :palindrome , anagram : basically want to test approach   Answer Question

Strategic Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cvent (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a personality test, assessment tests, web meetings and in person interviews. From the very start, the experience was a good one. The Cvent recruiter clearly knew her stuff. She understood the company but also understood the position and what the team needed in a new team member. I was shocked to find out (at the end of the process) that she's only been in this position for 5 months. I honestly would have thought she was the most senior person on the recruiting team based on my experience with her. I got to interview/speak with 2 peers, 2 team leads, the manager and the director. Everyone was amazing. They were all smart and clearly good at what they do, but they were also genuine and friendly. I was clearly being interviewed but it felt very conversational and I could tell that the people I was speaking with were really listening and interested in hearing about me and my experience. The whole process took less than 5 weeks from the day I applied and it was actually held up a bit by my one of my references being unreachable. Overall, this was one of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I interviewed at Cvent (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional and rude. After three long interviews and a test online, I was hired for and given 7 days to accept the offer. I was weary about the minimal hours and the minimum pay. On the 7th day I decided to accept the offer. They then called me and said they decided to hire another "more permanent person". I then accepted this, and the hiring manager called me again and said "hi ___ (not my name), everything is cleared up on our end and an offer should be cleared up on our end and an offer should be coming within the hour" to which I said "I'm not ___". I then got an email saying my contract was voided.

Interview

Diverse set of questions, optimized solutions keeping memory footprint and processing cycles in mind. Design and architectural patterns and considerations to allow horizontal scaling of the applications to meet future needs

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cvent.

Interview

30 minutes on campus interview. ask about resume and some simple algorithm questions ask about recursive, prime number. one SQL question . nice interviewer. talked a lot about resume and projects.