Cvent Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Cvent is the true essence of a work hard play hard company (in 25 reviews)

• An employee-centric company that pays well and helps maintain a good work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance can be better (in 59 reviews)

• Expect to work long hours, especially if you are in Sales (in 41 reviews)

1. "Awesome Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Cvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning, Fast growth, Great Management team, Smart colleagues

Cons

Cant think of anything as of now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Exciting, growing, industry-leader"

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cvent is an amazing company to work for - this is the only place I have worked throughout my career where I have felt like I truly have an impact on the company and the work I am doing is respected, noticed and I am rewarded for it. Employees are given the flexibility to own their process, not be micromanaged and implement new ideas and think outside the box. The culture is awesome, it's an extremely collaborative environment where doors are always open. I love the people I work with and believe that they challenge me to be better.

The culture definitely exemplifies "work hard, play hard" and you are expected to come in, do your work and do it well, and when you do that, you will reap the rewards of the hard work you put in.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that come to mind, every time I have had any sort of issue or expressed a need for more responsibilities or upward movement in my career, my management team has been able to fulfill those needs.

Advice to Management

- Keep pushing and motivating us as employees
    - Continue to reward and notice those who put in the extra effort
    - Continue innovating and being the best of the best!

3. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Cvent full-time

Pros

process-oriented company & team, always fun things going on at the office or outside the office. great team members.

Cons

when i worked there years ago it was difficult to see a career path when you're on the success team. depending on the department, it seemed like a "go to work, do your job, go home" type of environment rather than a collaborative, fun environment where everyone has a say and opinions are valued.

4. "Behind but has potential"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice, the company is well funded, highly profitable, and anxiously investing in its products.

Cons

The software at the draper office is antiquated (Struts 1), and the development leadership is inexperienced.

Advice to Management

You need more experienced and open minded management at the Draper office.

5. "Good place starting out of school"

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

Company culture is positive and hardworking.

Cons

offers a little less than competative

"Don’t believe the hype!!!! (Or the other reviews)"

I worked at Cvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security. The company is growing, so unlike other companies, there are no layoffs here and to my knowledge there has never been any, unless you count the very early years and the acquisitions.

Cons

So many. Trust me I was there for several years (4+) so I’ve seen it all. The micromanagement there is terrible. Big Brother is everywhere. For example, they run reports of when employees swipe in and out of the parking lot to see how many hours you’re on premises. The assumption is that if you’re not in the office and they can’t actually see you working, then you’re not actually working. Zero trust and respect for employees in that regard. Second, the pay is miserable, way below market. Don’t believe otherwise. Third, 9.5 to 12 hour days are the norm there. You’re nothing but a widget there and you’re expected to work long hours for below market pay, all the while being measured to death by ridiculously aggressive KPIs. Fourth, the company has a plus 20% annual attrition rate due to all of these reasons. Look and see all the open positions on the Web site. They like to attribute it to growth, but the fact is that it’s mostly backfill slots. They try to indoctrinate the young employees right out of college into thinking all of this is ok because they get experience, happy hours, free food etc., basically a corporate extension of fraternity life. “Bleed Blue” is their Fascist mantra. But most kids wake up and smell the stale, burning coffee after a couple of years, hence the attrition rate. So if you enjoy working in a sweatshop, Cvent has a spot for you! #cventsweatshopnation #dontbelievethecventhype

Advice to Management

You’re not going to get to $1 billion in bookings by continuing to take advantage of your employees.

7. "You get what you put in"

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

Exposure to complex software systems, good experience with SalesForce Instance, and environment to learn for proffesional growth.

Cons

If you aren't a self starter, you might not like it

Advice to Management

I'm remote, so its hard for me to give any advice. My situation is different. I think overall its a good company, you just have to be willing to put in the work

8. "Very Good"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provide lunch
    Lucid Environment
    Good Culture

Cons

Nothing much
    Little bit of hectic life

"Mixed feelings"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cvent recently purchased my product, which is currently undergoing, what I perceive to be, a positive culture change. Our location has struggled with internal conflict between departments, but the culture change does appear to be affecting that dynamic in a positive way. New people have been hired, at all levels, but the 2 individuals they've hired to come run the office are doing a fantastic job, so there's lots of reason for optimism.

Cons

The management group is petty and struggles with mentoring their people in an effective way. They're all very skilled in their abilities as developers and quality engineers, but are poor leaders who were promoted to management based on a need to retain product knowledge when attrition was at a very high rate. The product, itself, doesn't have a clear direction. The roadmap, if that's what you want to call it, varies dramatically from month to month with no real explanation as to why major priorities sway so consistently.

Advice to Management

Understand that people attempting to go above and beyond their own role are not a threat to you, but are actually a testament to your management abilities. Try to steer those efforts into areas where they can be leveraged more effectively, rather than chastise them for offending irrational sensibilities. Most importantly, if you want a real team environment, where they're self-policing and self-sustaining, then lead from the front. Do not go into your back room and bad mouth those you don't like, then come out and dictate a plan to sabotage their employment with the organization.

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Growing company that in turn gives employees many new opportunities due to that growth!
    -Employees that perform well will see many promotions
    -Open/collaborative environment
    -Best thing about the company = the PEOPLE - fantastic and smart co-workers, managers, and senior management

Cons

-Can be long hours but moving to more of a flexible work environment

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and make changes that are suitable to feedback across the board.