KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,397 of over 1,492 reviews

3.7
Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal
Pros
  • "Extremely fantastic amazing work environment(in 83 reviews)

• "Very Nice work culture in Cvent(in 66 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance has always been something that Cvent's sales team has struggled with managing over the years(in 106 reviews)

• "Expected to work for long hours(in 57 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Cvent

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cvent and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Sep 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel empowered to do my job the way I want to, and have a manager who respects and vouches for me at every opportunity. Promotions and transfers are readily attainable if you are doing your job

Cons

There’s office politics involved and things to clean up from an operational perspective. I don’t think it’s much different from other companies though in terms of scale.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Entry-Level Training, Below-Market Salary

Sep 8, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cvent does a fantastic job with it's training program that helps SDRs jump into seat quickly and effectively. It provides a great foundation for Sales overall and can be leveraged within your Cvent career and beyond. The organization also does a great job providing internal career opportunities whether you want to stay in your field or move to something new.

Cons

The organization is very process-heavy, which for some is helpful, for others feels laden with extra steps to get things done. After moving on to another organization I realize just how involved the CEO was in every facet of the organization at every level which can also have a slowing effect on action. But the single largest Con is that the pay for SaaS Sales was definitely below market at the time I was there.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start if you don't have better options

Jul 29, 2021 - Account Management Associate in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cvent has a good culture and they provided me with a good sales experience that helped me land my following job. I also was provided good laptop, two monitors, keyboard, and a mouse while working remotely. They paid me 17 an hour as an entry level salesperson with commissions coming out to a few hundred extra every quarter. It did allow me to travel while still not paying rent.

Cons

I had to pay almost 2k when leaving the company after 6 months. When signing my contract I had to agree to a "train loan". It was pretty awful that they make people sign this to work for them. If you leave before 18 months you have to pay 4k. After six months at the company I was responsible for bringing in 185k to the company and they still had me pay them back. After taking my last paycheck and PTO into consideration, I had to pay almost 2k out of pocket. Really don't understand why they would make someone do that especially after they recupertatted their training investment in me.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Avoid this place

Aug 23, 2021 - Software Engineer II
      Business Outlook

Pros

Variety in tech stack, not much else

Cons

- Low low pay, they research market rates and purposely undercut. - From the above, they tend to hire fresh college graduates who do not know better. - Newly hired college graduates were making as much as our best senior engineers (in a bad way.) - management does not care about work/life balance. They will seriously work you to the bone. - they almost made the Texas employees use vacation time during the 2021 snow storm that knocked out the power in Texas. And almost made them work the weekend to make up for lost time! - most of the code is garbage and it's hard to get any meaningful work done because of legacy code written years ago. Make one change here, break 5 things somewhere else. - don't expect any meaningful raises (which only come once a year, promotions twice a year. Do not believe them if they tell you otherwise, many coworkers were lied to when first hired.) - performance is based on number of commits. They only look at metrics using some software that keeps track of commits, time between commits, size if commits, etc. You are seriously reduced down to how many and how big your yellow dots are on their graphs. - Attrition is a big problem

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good for new grad, not for experienced level

Sep 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- PTO is great with rollover availability - Good Company culture and products towards market share - Good for new grad to gain and learn different tech stack - Promotion happened often with title upgrade

Cons

- Pay is way below market level compared to the workload around 9+ hours daily - Very micro management, had to fill in timesheet or working log in multiple different places - Your performance will be based on how many lines of code you wrote rather than how well your code was written, company had some sort of tool to monitor your daily working contribution - Cannot keep real talented people, high performant engineers all left pretty fast

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and friendly environment.

Sep 22, 2021 - QA Engineer in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people Great technology Good benefits Amazing culture and holiday celebrations

Cons

Pay could be better but not bad at all

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Decent company, not the best pay for the work

Sep 15, 2021 - Customer Success Advisor in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a supportive management group

Cons

Work load 3 month training course before starting job duties. The training was too long and too slow. They make you sign a 2 year commitment to accept the job.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've ever worked!

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of people who leave negative reviews or have a negative experience at Cvent are people whose first job ever is at Cvent. They don't know how good we have it, and they think things are so much better elsewhere, and then they leave, only to realize that things are incredibly good at Cvent and then they want to come back. That's why the number of "boomerangs" or people who leave Cvent and then come back is staggering! I've worked for many companies before Cvent and I can honestly say that this is the best company I've ever worked for. The senior management team is extremely competent, have a clear and bold vision for the company, and are inspiring. They're very transparent and you always know what their strategy is, how the company is tracking against it, and what their vision for the future is. We have quarterly company-wide meetings and monthly updates from our CEO. The company itself is extremely successful in terms of quality and speed of products being produced, and in terms of sales targets and revenue. It really is very special to be a part of such a successful company. My work is extremely interesting and varied. I hardly ever have to do something that I don't find interesting. I understand that this is not the case for every department, or even every team within my department, but for me personally, I love what I do. I think part of it is that my management team allow me to pursue the things I am interested in and am passionate about. That is so rare but I have their full support to do the things that I enjoy as long as they also benefit the company. The management team is very down to earth and approachable. I feel heard and listened to. I feel like my feedback and perspective matter, even though sometimes I'm the most junior person in the room. People still take me seriously and listen to what I have to say. I really love and appreciate that. The work culture is great. They really invest in hiring smart, competent, and fun people. The vast majority of people I work with are extremely smart and honestly inspiring. Out of 4,000 people there is less than a handful that I think could be better. And as an employee I feel like the company, and senior management team, genuinely care about their people and their wellbeing. I think the benefits are pretty good. I have a great work-life balance and rarely have to work long hours. The PTO policy is very generous and so far I've never used all my PTO for the year despite taking multiple long vacations. Health insurance is very good, and HR are very supportive and accessible. I can't say enough good things about Cvent! I really love working here. The one caveat I will say is that the opportunities are there if you go for them, but if you don't, you're not going to get spoon fed anything. You have to perform, you have to prove yourself, and if you do, you will be given everything you need to succeed. But if you're lazy or don't deliver results, they're not shy about it and they will let you know. It's definitely a high-performance culture. P.S. I was really impressed and touched by the way senior management, and specifically our CEO, handled the pandemic. They had to make the very tough decision of letting 10% of the workforce go, but I understand why that decision was made at the beginning of the pandemic. It was a very scary time for the world at large, and our industry specifically, and there was a lot of uncertainty of what the future would hold. And sacrifices had to be made. Many of our competitors cut 50% or more of their staff. It's just an extremely tough industry to be in during a global pandemic when meetings and events were getting canceled. You could see the pain in our CEOs eyes when he delivered the news. And the employees that were let go received very generous severance packages including assistance in finding their next job.

Cons

As much as I love Cvent, there are 2 things that I wish would be improved: 1) PAY! We pay below industry standard, but to me personally Cvent offers me many more positive things that make me put up with a lower salary. I know most people don't feel this way though and I worry we'll start losing many talented people. 2) There are many who have been at Cvent for 10+ years (which is great and a very positive sign) but they're so enamored with Cvent that sometimes they struggle to view things objectively or from the perspective of a marketplace that's not as bought into Cvent as they are. I think they would all benefit from taking a step back, and trying to be more objective and grounded in their perception of the brand and products. Ambition is great! I'm all for it! But it has to be grounded in reality.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to work

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work is fast-paced and rewarding. Cvent always tries to use the cutting-edge technology available on the market, allowing you to learn new technology without needing self-study to keep up with the latest technology.

Cons

Sometimes being in a fast-paced environment does throw off your work-life balance.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great starting place

Aug 18, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work Life mix Competitive Compensation Fun coworkers Great place to begin your career and have a strong foundation! Management seems to care about your growth and development,

Cons

Not a lot of negative thoughts but know you own your own growth, management cares but you have to put the work in yourself. Be ready to put your best foot forward!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,397 Reviews