CyberArk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CyberArk Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CyberArk in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, regional manager, national manager, then performed a tech challenge. Demoed the tech challenge to multiple AE's and SE's. They had me demonthe product, talk about my experience in the challenge, then took turn asking questions related to the technology.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing about Ptivileged Session Management?   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CyberArk (Augusta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

From the first contact, the talent manager was very professional and personable. We had a brief, 30-minute conversation to assess potential placement within the company. After the interview process was completed, I spoke with four different people. All of the interviewers were professional and punctual. I was contacted exactly when I was told that I would be contacted. The questions were fairly easy for me, as I have worked in the IT field for over 20 years. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed passionate about what they do. I am excited about having an opportunity to work for CyberArk. This company seems to actually want to help me succeed since my success equals their success. I like that approach.

Interview Questions

• Why Cyber Ark? Why Support?   1 Answer

Extensions Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CyberArk.

Interview

Unfortunately, I had to talk to a disorganized talent manager that couldn't keep a date and time locked down to talk. I asked him after the in person interview to give me feedback. Not only did he not follow up, but he also did not have the courtesy to respond to my email on whether I got the job.

Interview Questions

• All based on what you put on your resume. That is how they will initially contact you if there is a match.   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CyberArk (New York, NY).

Interview

Whole process took about 2 weeks. I went through a recruiter who walked me through the whole process. Went through about a 40 min. phone screening. Then went in for an interview a few days later Interviewed with 4 different people.

Very nice, everyone gave detailed overview of the position and company culture. Experience booking travel for others seemed to be a key task. After was contacted almost a week later about the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in personal travel coordination?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CyberArk in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on recommendation of current employee for a remote position. Basic phone screen with recruiter to learn a bit about company and position. Then had a tech screen with a support manager, who asked various security and computer fundamentals. Then a technical challenge which involved solving a problem on a Windows and Linux server while sharing screen with a manager. Finally had some phone calls with other support managers who asked more personality and soft skill related questions.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CyberArk.

Interview

Set up a phone call to talk to a recruiter and discussed what goes on at Cyber Ark. Talked about the role I would be involved in and how I could contribute. I was asked questions about my projects from university and the classes I have taken.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CyberArk (Newton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Reached out
    Had two introductory phone calls - one screening and one with manager
    Fairly simple one hour in person interview with a four CyberArk employees
    Conversational interview - no trick questions

Interview Questions

• How do you go about prospecting?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CyberArk in October 2013.

Interview

Typical of most companies, this company likes to start out by having you waste time with HR while she drones on about the company and its products (most information you can read about on their web site). She called 15 minutes or so late and I was pressed for time, so I cut her off and asked what exactly is expected of this position. She was miffed and asked if I would like to continue to hear about the company's mission. I stated that due to the late start and an upcoming meeting I had to attend, I had to cut to the chase... As I expected, the position is referred to as "manager" but is really a lead systems engineer position (mostly hands on). Not sure what its like to work at this company, but in my opinion, any company that starts you off with HR is already down for the count. All the best jobs I've had in my career were companies where the first person I met or talked to was the hiring manager. What does HR know about how to screen an IT position anyway? Can she ask if you've ever restored an Exchange database or moved operations master servers in active directory? Why do companies let candidates anywhere near HR in the very beginning?

Interview Questions

• None. I cut her off when I realized the job was improperly titled. I advised her to change the title of the job and she would get candidates who fit the role a bit better.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CyberArk (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Step 1. Recruiter calls you, may or may not ask general IT knowledge specific questions;

Step 2. onsite or team viewer screen sharing, etc.. ;
    2-A. task of installing the Cyber-Ark product (password management suite a.k.a PIM suite or file exchange suite a.k.a. SIM/IBV suite ) It is a multi component product and most components have to be installed on windows. Few components install on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. ;
    2-B. task of using the installed product from above, for managing a password on a target device(maybe a domain account, so you need active directory also installed and working on a different server and also another account on a linux server, so ssh must be installed and service started);
    2-C. troubleshooting the installed product if problems occur, always try to analyze the logs or go through them for each components' problem/symptom

DURING and AFTER (2) Are you friendly? polite? patient? listening ? social? calm? These are huge factors, after all, ATAM / TAM / Implementation Engineer / Technical Support Engineer at the end of the day is nothing but a glorified technical but only customer service oriented role with good communication skills, with 90% of the time talking in person or over the phone to a customer (SYS Admin/IT Analyst/Security Directory/Analyst) and installing and fixing the product technically.

Interview Questions

• installing and utilizing their vault, which is usually the bulk of the interview assessment explained in (2)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate whatever you want

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CyberArk (Newton, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and received an email from the HR manager the following morning. This was a basic skills assessment/phone screen. She scheduled me for a phone interview with the Director of Field Services a couple days later. Based off this interview, I was offered an opportunity to complete a technical assignment, which involved installing the software and performing a couple tasks with it. A follow-up interview/presentation was scheduled after completion of the technical challenge. This was again with the Director of Field Services and a couple other directors at the company. The hour scheduled was not enough for this call, so another, final session was scheduled for another couple days later. In all, the process took about 2 weeks from my initial application to the final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The final question of the first phone interview with the Director was "What website did you use to look up the answers?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I contemplated negotiating, but did not, as it was a significant pay increase already and I would be working from home, so saving on commuting.