DC Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DC Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.6

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DC Public Schools.

Interview

Excellent...very well thought through Talent search team!!!!!! Brought in other members. Made you feel very comfortable. Allowed you to ask lots of questions. Allowed you to go on tours. Met some faculty members.

Interview Questions

• Mostly relating to your background experience and discipline management.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Set-up the interview and we met on site in one of their conference rooms. Met with the director and a developer. Interview went really well and I never heard a peep from them after that. No call, no email, and I even called no response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why would you prefer an array list to access states and their capitals?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview followed by a performance task and lastly and in-person panel interview. The process took 8+ weeks due to internal changes. Received an email informing me that the position had been filled.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC).

Interview

1. Review of Application which showed your experience and qualification 2. Panel was developed of five administrators from Central Office, Human Resource and Principals, 3. Candidate is scored and if you pass you move to the next level 4. Final selection process and interview with the Superintendent.

Interview Questions

• Long term goals, how to handle difficult problems, hire staff, budging, community relationship.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to complete a performance task (has no clear instructions to see what you will do) . After that I was asked to come in for a in-person interview. The following week I was l told I was a finalist and gave reference and the hiring managers would have a final decision by the end of the week. After that I never heard anything back. Disappointing that after the time you put in (the performance task can be lengthy if you put real effort) and reference checks that they don't give you any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I completed the performance task the way I did.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

On the spot questions, direct, and tough questions. Sometimes the questions was rushed and the person doing the interview didn't give t enough time for person to answer questions.
    Several open floor job panels.

Family Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short, first it was an email confirming their interest, then a phone interview, then the face-to-face interview. I interviewed in a panel of 2, they were well prepared and alternated questions. The interview was about 35 minutes long, I received a call back a week later telling me I was selected as final candidate. The drug test, background test, and employment verification is what takes a long time. I waited 13 days for all those things to be completed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Application is online and easy. I applied in early June and received a call from one of the team's manager the next day. I had a phone interview the following week and it was fairly easy with questions regarding the position and various tasks associated with it. I would say to those applying for any position at DCPS to research the position and the team/department to get a sense of what the job entails. I was hired after speaking to the team's director and began working about six weeks after I applied.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DC Public Schools.

Interview

First, submitted app/resume. Then, a few days later, I received an email asking me to evaluate a lesson and conduct an assessment item review. I had four days to do submit it. A couple of weeks later, I received an email requesting a phone interview. I scheduled this for two weeks later. About a week after the phone interview, I was asked to a Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• Recognizing all students are not prepared to access rigorous texts, what strategies or scaffolds would you use to ensure equitable access?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DC Public Schools (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and quick. I gave my experiences and ideas I thought would be good in regards to improving participation and overall school culture. I did my research before after applying. I was told I should hear something back within 6-9 days then the principal called did a phone interview and the next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Fill out a writing prompt on how you would encourage parents to come to parent-teacher conferences.   1 Answer