DICE (Sweden) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DICE (Sweden) Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.6

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DICE (Sweden) (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

It was a multi step process with work tests, a shorter interview and a longer on site interview. During the on site interview I met with senior members of the team and had a casual design discussion for 35-45min.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I approached design and what methods I used in making decisions in my work sample. They also asked me to describe how I would change certain aspects of the work sample if the parameters instead were X, Y Z...   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DICE (Sweden) (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2017.

Interview

First round is a phone interview with not so technical questions. Questions include your background, your previous jobs, experience and what you are looking for. Second round is an assignment of making a simple game in a week. Third round is meeting them in person.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of how good code should look like?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DICE (Sweden).

Interview

Met onsite with two progammers that were involved in the recruitment process. We walked to a meeting room and we started discussing the code that I had submitted before the interview. Fair questions but not so good answers from me.

During the complete meeting it was obvious that they were playing a game to see if they could get me to lose my temper. They were both very rude and critical, and not at all interested in anything but the code that I has submitted, neither were they interested in presenting their company or trying to make it an interesting place to work.

I never heard from them again and I never got in touch with them again either. This is by far the worst interview experience that I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose to implement collision checking this way?   Answer Question

Technical Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DICE (Sweden) (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in November 2015.

Interview

I have first a phone call where I talked about my previous experience and I had the chance to ask more about the profile they need to fill and the company setup

Interview Questions

• Son't remember any specifically. It was more about what I did before and how I solved the tricky tasks at the hand   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DICE (Sweden) (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in May 2012.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter at dice who said he had seen my linkedin profile and was interested. I was currently on parental leave and employed by another company. I accepted to go to an interview and met up with 5-7 key people who asked standard interview questions about me and my CV. I then got a homework to do an implementation of a space invaders like game and there were some specific technical requirements to this which I am unsure if I am allowed to mention here. Since i did not have much spare time, we agreed that I would send in the assignment within a week (usually 2-3 days for people that have spare time). I did the assignment, sent it in and a few days later they called and wanted to see me again. During this second interview, I got to present my code/solution to a subset of the people who had been to the first interview. They seemed to like it and hinted that they were interested in hiring me by asking things like when I would be able to start and what I wanted to work with. I went home and a few days after the HR manager called me to discuss salary and company benefits. I made my demands to him. He talked to some people and then we agreed to sign a contract.

Interview Questions

• It was apparent that they wanted software engineers who could "think outside the box", were able to use the "right tools for the job" and know about performance. I would have to say that the assignment was the most difficult part. I rewrote the entire assignment code about 6 times before I was happy with it. I recommend others to take this time and be as thorough too because it seemed to pay off.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and starting date (I was on parental leave while going through the interview process). I made my demands such that they would make me happy and they accepted. Didn't really have to negotiate further.