DOWL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DOWL Interview Questions

Interviews at DOWL

1.7

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DOWL.

Interview

Laid back interview session, met with 5 people for lunch and an interview in a larger office. They do not give cost of living increases and do not give raises, and as soon as they said that I mentally checked out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DOWL?   1 Answer

Dec 16, 2019 – President and CEO

I apologize that you were mislead on this issue, and I will look into this. If five people told you that DOWL does not give raises or COL increases, they are sorely misinformed. In fact, how could we build such a strong and vibrant firm around a policy of never increasing employees compensation? I can tell you that last year we gave out average pay increases of 4% and we had similar increases the year before. Now, I would say that we do not guarantee increases, and we try to make most of our pay adjustments based on merit and contribution, not an automatic adjustment. Sorry for the confusion, and if you feel comfortable reaching out to me on a confidential basis to give specifics, it might assist me in correcting the wrong.

Civil Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DOWL (Portland, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview which mostly focused on my personally and achievements. Came in for an office interview and they were ready to talk about numbers. I had a few emails back and forth with them before I accepted and relocated.

Interview Questions

• Give us examples of projects you've worked on.   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2020 – President and CEO

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us. Hoping for a long and mutually beneficial relationship. Portland is a great place to live, and our office is dynamic and fun. Let's work together to weather the C-19 storm and remain "on the trot".

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DOWL (Billings, MT) in January 2018.

Interview

The Seattle based recruiting team for Dowl is by far, one of the best entities to deal with when applying for a position with Dowl. My recruiter was incredibly active in my hiring process, from initial contact to follow ups post interview with managers.

I was offered a position, but was forced to decline, due to personal reasons. Based on my time spent with, the lab manager and recruiter alone I know that Dowl wants to hire quality individuals and wants them to succeed, be comfortable, and enjoy coming to work everyday.

Interview Questions

DOWL Response

Feb 20, 2018 – President and CEO

Thanks for the kind words about our recruiting and hiring and on-boarding team. If your personal and professional circumstances change, we would be glad to talk with you again at a future date.

Water Resources Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DOWL (Billings, MT) in November 2016.

Interview

I got calls from two different parties to introduce themselves and get to know me. They told me about the company and the available position. They allowed me to ask any questions I had and asked about my experiences and school.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite class in college and how does that apply to what I am seeking for in a job.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DOWL (Anchorage, AK) in January 2013.

Interview

It was just a conversation about the firm and what my interests are in engineering. I applied for transportation engineer but was more interested in other practice areas and was hired in one of those departments instead.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had a heavy workload and many deadlines?   1 Answer

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DOWL (Anchorage, AK) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager first and had a great conversation. I was called back the next day for a second interview with a couple of executive-level people with whom I would work directly. This was another good, and even longer conversation! They were friendly and the interaction was casual, but there were some very good questions regarding my personality and how I interact with other people. This company is looking for good people who fit into the organization!

Interview Questions

• Give three adjectives that describe your personality at work.   1 Answer