DWS One Out of: Java and .NET (Developer) Or Solution Architect (Not Decided) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DWS

1 Interview Review

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DWS (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2012.

Interview

After submitted application: One phone interview by HR person; face-to-face interview by HR person; technical test; peer (technical) interview, in my case actually a phone interview; reference check, salary and start date negotiations, hiring.

Interestingly, in the first face-to-face interview, it was said that if the test was good, I would not have to sit another technical interview, which turned out to be untrue, I did need a technical interview after the test.

In this description, I cover only the second (technical) interview.

I happened to have been taken down as a Java developer while I came more from a .Net background (my Java was 5 years ago), and so was interviewed by a Java developer, which made the interview difficult. The interviewer only asked very high-level, abstract questions, and still it was difficult to find common ground.

Interview Questions

• What does ORM mean? What are the advantages of using an ORM? What are some commercially available ORMs?   1 Answer
  • What is unit testing? How do I go about writing a unit test? Do I focus a unit test on a class or a method? Would I write one or more tests per method? What are some unit testing frameworks?   1 Answer
  • How would I approach a legacy system?   1 Answer
  • When I have a legacy method and need to change it, how would I do that? How do I make sure that I don't break anything?   1 Answer
  • What is Dependency Injection? How would I go about using it in "day to day programming"?   1 Answer