Dale Carnegie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.5

Master Trtainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Somewhat convoluted. What is WOW? Dale Carnegie has a long history of what it takes to be successful. Questions and demonstration of adult learning competencies and business relevance of applicant skills was poorly communicated, highly judgmental, and useless in terms of how to build the right skills and attitudes. Poor coordination between corporate goals and franchise operations. Recipe for bad execution and motivation. Quite the opposite of Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People tome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Get clear objectives of corporate and franchise goals. Ask for clarification about clear expectations and your commensurate rewards. Don't take BS answers, Get them to be specific and tell you how to measure success. Ask them how they will help you and the metrics which you can use,

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie.

Interview

People were nice , liked to talk and talk and talk. Wasn't sure if they were trying to sell me something or hire me for sales. Seems like a good company if you can wait the decades to be certified to sell and facilitate.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, actually not many questions at all.   Answer Question

took too ong to be able to make money and potential $ were not there

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tunis, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (Tunis, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

an interview with the facilitator and the executive manager we were talking about my experience and my knowledge in accounting and finance , we talk about my level in english and frensh

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very thorough and multiple people to get to know. Terrible environment to interview prospective candidates. Image was questionable - office is behind a strip club in an unsafe area of town. If they want top people, they need to improve their image.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with B2B Sales?   1 Answer

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Dale Carnegie representatives were fast to respond to my application, very open and clear about what to expect from the interview process, and extremely friendly. They assessed not only whether I fit this position, but whether the job would provide me with the experience necessary to help me on my desired career path.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest problems facing companies today?   1 Answer

Through the interview process I discovered that the opportunity would not provide me with the experience I was looking for from a job.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie.

Interview

Had to initial phone interviews. Then had a face to face interview. They ask a lot of behavorial questions; they basically want to know if you have a self driven sales mindset

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a series of obstacles   Answer Question

Master Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied, and later that week was contacted for a lengthy initial screening. We discussed my past successes, areas of improvement, interests and passions, work experience, salary and expectations. When I was advanced for an in-person interview there was a horrible bait and switch where the expected salary, territory, training time, etc. had all changed for the worse. I invested a long time in that first screening, time to drive down to the interview and within 20 minutes was put on the defensive as if it were my fault that they were changing the details. I not only would never consider them again - I would warn others away.

Interview Questions

• What are characteristics that you have that allow you to connect with others in trainings.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

-I initiated the interview process when I determined that the organization had recently lost its key salesperson and was in need of a replacement.
    -Secured appointment for informal interview to solicit additional details. Company is currently composed of owner/lead trainer and administrative assistant and 2 or more instructors that rotate as needed.
    -The interview process seems straightforward, with an initial interview during which the owner is very candid about the long sales cycle and the straight commission structure. It's up to the keen eye and imagination of the salesperson to see beyond that to the goldmine that exists in this opportunity for the right person. The organization offers the right person world-class training and unparalleled resources and puts no limits on your territory as far as I could tell. The people who have walked through the doors of the Dale Carnegie Organization would take your breath away. To stand shoulder to shoulder amongst those mena and women is something, I mean truly something!
    -Its hard to imagine the interview process going beyond two steps. The owner is very direct and to the point and has a keen sense about people. If I could have reached a mutual understanding in the first meeting, I could see us wrapping things up in one more interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the position you have had the most success at and why?   Answer Question

Master Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Model based. You were asked questions to demonstrate your ability. You took the courses as a, participant. Experiencing every session and module as such. You then took the same group of sessions and modules as a, student with a master trainer. Learning the content and facilitation best practices. Finally, you delivered the sessions and modules as a trainer in tandem.

Interview Questions

• How would you open a workshop you are facilitating?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dale Carnegie (Denver, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was professional and detailed. First was a detailed 40 minute phone screening and initial interview. The second interview was in person with one of the managing partners and took approximatley 1 hour 30 minutes. It was conversational and relaxed. As with any interview do be prepared:
    1) Know the copmpany
    2) Know as much as the person you are interviewing with
    3) Know thy self and how you fit in and why you want to work there

The third interview was with both managing partners and the questions were more about how I would fit in. Plus a few very traditional questions like Tell me about yourself, tell me about your past responsibilties, etc.

After the third interview they had me come in to make two hours worth of cold calls, this was to see if I would enjoy it and for them to assess my skill level. While this may seem unecessary it was very helpful, as you not only get to se what the office is like but how your potential boss interacts with you.

The people I interviewed with and the office was professional and organized. They were timley and prepared. It was not the best fit for me but I would recommend working there.

Interview Questions

• Dale Carnegie Denver was very opened and honest so they asked direct questions around potential conserns, issues or weaknesses. Nothing that most interviewers would not ask.   1 Answer

To pursue other opportunites that more closely matched my skills.