Datameer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

3.1

Marketing & Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiting team were very prompt and helpful during the interview process. Whole process took about 1 week. I had a round of 5 interviews on site and a phone interview prior. The employees were very honest during the interview process regarding the current outlook of the company. This position offered great career advancement potential while providing high visibility. Overall, I had a great experience during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• SalesForce administration + Marketo + engagio related questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through three round of interviews including behavioral and technical interviews. First one screen, then I came into office to be interviewed. After that, another final interview until I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datameer in August 2015.

Interview

After talking to a current employee about the job, I applied on Jobvite. A week later I received an email to schedule a video call with a recruiter. After that, they set up 2 more phone interviews, with people from cross-collaborative teams (not the training team). Nailed it.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your current skill set working in this role? Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by one of Datameer's in house recruiters. She was enthusiastic and set up a phone interview with me almost immediately. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by five different individuals over the course of 3 hours. The same day, I received a follow up call asking if I was serious about accepting an offer from the company, to which I responded affirmatively.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were scenario based and easy to answer with relative job experience.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their initial recruiters via Linked In and walked thru the job requirements. I was then scheduled to speak with another recruiter. In the two days that occurred between the discussions the job requirements changed drastically (yet not on their job listing on their website, I checked). The second recruiter was only willing to speak to me if I had EXTENSIVE big data experience and could discuss it technically. Needless to say the call didn't progress as she couldn't get past the fact that I have minimal experience in Big Data, yet I do have 20+ yrs of building and growing inside sales teams. Which is what was a major requirement on the job listing. Go figure, if you have big data experience but no nothing about building sales teams... you are a shoo in. I was not at all impressed with the process.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your knowledge of Big Data and Hadoop   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Datameer in October 2014.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter making fun of my current employer.
    I played ball with her because I wanted to work for Datameer and continued the email thread.
    After that I heard nothing back for 6 months. The new recruiter apologized but would clean things up
    because the old recruiter was no longer with Datameer.
    He sure did, another batch of emails and his explanation was that their department continued to go through restructuring. So the bad experience was repeated and another candidate was hired over me. I hope to never hear back because I would have to decline them.

Datameer Response

Oct 27, 2014 – Senior Recruiter

You are absolutely right, and I do apologize for the experience that you had. I am the new recruiter you mentioned, and I did try to communicate with you when I had information, and I also made sure... More

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process with Datameer felt much more official than many of the other interviews I've been on. The HR team has a big hand in the process, including specifically designed interview questions and careful note taking. They asked many behavioral "what-if" scenario questions which were highly thought-provoking. I felt in my attempt to answer each question, I ended up revealing much more (than just answering the questions) about my prior work experiences... While I felt this type of interview process was more challenging than most, it's clear that Datameer was able to learn much more about me than if they were to stick with traditional and/or close-ended questions. Overall the tone of conversation was quite jovial, and you could tell that the office environment and culture was a fun place to be.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably: "Explain a time when you faced a very difficult situation in the work place, and what you did to resolve the situation."   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

In person interview, I was pretty confident I had a solid background in the peripheral skills required, i.e hadoop, analytics, scripting in multiple languages, just not much Java. So I spent a full weekend and late nights poring through their product documentation and watching the videos on their site. I felt extremely prepared! Well, they didn't ask me anything technical! It was a "behavioral interview". I've been off the market for over a decade so this was all new to me. However all the questions were scenarios I actually am confronted with in my current job, where I am pretty successful! So I felt at the time as I answered it was in line with what they were looking for. I was even told on exit "we'd be lucky to have you". So I exited fairly confident I would move on to next steps, as they said due to size of the company and position need it should move pretty fast. After a week of hearing nothing, I reached out and was told they are going with another candidate. So now looking back, I just wonder how I actually did come off "behaviorally". It would be easier to accept if my technical acumen wasn't up to snuff. But now its a psychological mind game with myself wondering what a jerk I must of sounded like!!

Interview Questions

• In general they weren't very difficult. More along the lines of "Walk me through how you would handle 10 issues happening at once"   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Datameer.

Interview

Had a strange experience with the interview process. I was emailed by the recruiter and she set up a quick phone interview the next day. A couple hours before the scheduled interview, I received a message from them saying my resume didn't match what they were looking for. So I was a little confused if our phone interview was still on. She said it must have been a glitch and we proceeded with the interview. Simple phone conversation...pretty much just about your background. A couple hours later, I received another message, (actually it was just the template they use with none of the fields filled out), saying they were going to pursue other candidates. She literally left the fields [candidate name] and [recruiter name] as is, so again I was confused if that message was truly supposed to be sent. Turns out it was, and she again blamed it on a glitch. The experience was just very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you brush up on your Excel skills (vlookup and pivot tables)   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Datameer (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Several interviews with Product Marketing, Sales and Sr Leadership. I also met with the HR lead to review my background and explain benefits and stock. At the time the CEO was also interviewing all candidates. This was a great opportunity to meet with him to better understand the company's direction.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle coming from a big company to a small one?   1 Answer