Dave & Buster's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dave & Buster's

2.1

Server Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (McDonough, GA).

Interview

Quick and Easy. Almost a formality. They were relaxed, but also straight forward about the interview process. They give you a booklet and give you an apron that same day. If you're already there for an interview, you have more than likely landed the job.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions with obvious answers.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Springfield, VA) in November 2020.

Interview

Very good interview, seemed like a good time actually. Both the assistant general manager and general manager were good guys. The asked questions outside of the normal interview questions. It seemed like they wanted to know who I was as a person and go in depth about it,

Host/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in October 2020.

Interview

I was called shortly after applying to schedule an interview for later in the week.
    The first interview was fantastic, I was getting a lot of signs and talk that I’d fit right in and the interviewer said she loved my attitude and wanted me to start ASAP, and that I needed to follow up with the GM. I got that interview scheduled for a few days later with high hopes, and this whole process was finished in about five minutes.

The second interview was nowhere near as promising. I was asked about my most recent two jobs and the interview was abruptly ended (under five minutes total.) I was told to expect a call on Friday (the following day) or Monday.
    One week later, I heard nothing at all and called to ask for an update. The manager I spoke with said she’d speak with the GM and would call me back the following Monday. It’s been another week and it’s still radio silence with nobody even answering the phone.

Server Interview

Interview

Not a difficult interview process, but to actually get on the floor as a server was a very long process. It almost took me three weeks to get on the floor. I had to pass various tests to work on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, why do you want the job? What makes you a good fit for the job?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

2 step interview. You speak with recruiter then take assessment. After this gm makes call on whether to move forward or not. If yes one last interview.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Anchorage, AK) in July 2020.

Interview

I was early so I had to wait a little bit, the person who interviewed me was very mellow and relaxed. Overall it was a nice fairly easy experience. Unfortunately for me it was just a few days before Mayor Berkowitz had decided for a 4-week soft reset which meant indoor dining had to stop for a month.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me what my favorite drink to make was, what my favorite fun activity is and what my favorite fun memory is. Among many others   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

It was a very easy process. I walked in and requested a paper application. I returned a few days later to turn in the completed application, and they called up the manager over my desired position to accept the application. He stated that he was available to meet with me immediately, so e sat at a booth in the game room and had a very quick, informal interview.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2020.

Interview

I got a interview today at Dave & buster in Milwaukee WI, the manager asked me basic questions very easy. I got another interview feburary 14th this Friday hopefully it's great like the first one.

Winners Circle Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewis Center, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Lewis Center, OH) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied and got an interview the next week, only to be told that I was scheduled on a bad day and had to come in another day for an interview. On the new day there wasn't anyone from hiring to interview me so two of the managers interviewed me quickly and sent me on my way.

Deposits Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

First things first, they DO NOT accommodate school schedules! A bunch of frauds who wasted my time. I had plenty of open availability for training, and the GM was a jerk about my schedule. Don't advertise that you accommodate school schedules and other time commitments if you don't. You people wasted my time. I didn't even complete the interview process. The GM was a creeper, and I'm glad I didn't have the opportunity to continue further. Seriously look up their reviews, most are not wrong. I can't believe I ever gave these people money as a consumer. Never again!

Interview Questions

• What do we sell at Dave and Busters?   1 Answer
    • If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about calling out of work and why would you need to call out?   Answer Question