Dave & Buster's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a current manager and had a group interview with a few people, they asked us individual questions and then had us do group activities to see how we work together

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child who didnt have enough tickets for a prize?   Answer Question

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

3 interviews with HR, General manager, and Sales director. Basic questions about past work history and real life scenarios. Was a process that was about a week long. All phone interviews.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Phila, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

average for this type of job. Got to meet face to face at location. Got shown around even though I went there before with friends. I always liked the environment and thought it would be a fun place to owrk.

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online, both also sought out directly contacting their recruiters with my resume. One (who wasn't handling this market) was very friendly and helpful. The other, who was was cold and painfully disinterested.

She contacted me about a week later for a phone screen, which lasted less than 15 minutes and her bored disinterest was apparent even over the phone--and even though I have extensive experience in the field and expressed my excitement over their arrival in our market.

Apparently experience, enthusiasm, creative ideas and flexibility weren't what she felt "worked" because I never heard anything further. Guess where in the position I did get I won't be referring clients? Because her lack of professionalism gave a bad impression of a new to the market business

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. And given how thoroughly detached she seemed, she probably didn't bother to note my answers, anyway   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was quick and simple. Sat down with a manager, chatted a bit about past experience and he looked over my resume, asked a few questions, the last being: "When can you start?"It was pretty basic, nothing too out of the blue.

Interview Questions

• When did you ever deal with selling or marketing something to a customer?   Answer Question

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Syracuse, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

very fast, need to show personality and some desire to work hard and on a team. Prior experience as a server is a plus. Must be accepting of diversity because staff and guests are very culturally diverse.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What values are important to you?   Answer Question

Waitstaff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after I had applied, and the interview process was pretty interesting, above all, when it comes to the interview, you really have to keep your energy up to show you are qualified, it's an opportunity to display your people skills.

Interview Questions

• Biggest Strengths and Weaknesses, Why you left your former employer, can you work under pressure, and etc...   Answer Question

AOM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in February 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with one of the corporate recruiters followed up with an in person interview by the general manager of the store or stores who are hiring that position. sometimes there is a working interview after that. The recruiters are amazing and on top of thier game.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the culture that previous employers had and if they really worked to instill that culture   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in November 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter who took care of the bulk of things. Planned the interview and went to speak with the IT Director who was very nice. Had to take a technical test.

Refresh up on your IT acronyms and you should be fine.

Personality test is longgg, I had to take it twice because of some anomalies but other then that, that was the only slowdown of the process.

Went on last interview with my IT Manager who was super rad.

Got an offer letter a day later.
    Can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be patient, these guys are busy.

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Meet with team manager
    Meet with Store owner
    Tour the building
    Read over resume
    Be interview ready ( business attire)
    Make sure you ask about what all is included

Interview Questions

• How long have you served? Do you enjoy working with a team?   Answer Question