Dave & Buster's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.2

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Irving, TX).

Interview

I applied online for the Financial Analyst position, then a week later got an email from one of the management recruiters to set up a phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral questions, and pretty much going over your resume. He then explained the position, and talked a bit about the company. He briefly went over the hiring process; a phone interview , a "personality test" , and final the interview in person with team members. Everything was going well, he sounded excited about me liking the position and even told me he would send me the test via email in a few days and to try to complete it as soon as I received it , and if I had any questions about the interview or position to email him and that I would hear back from him "very soon". A month has passed and I NEVER heard back from him , despite the thank you and follow up emails I sent him. If I wasn't selected , I would have appreciated an email telling me so, very unprofessional of him.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's in June 2017.

Interview

wasn't that nerve-racking. Just be your self and smile a lot. Looking for people with a friendly and bubbly personality. Interviewee was nice, knew her job pretty well but she still works as a nurse as a second job. She said its ok to have second job , most staff people do.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you put someone else's needs before yours?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call the next day to come in to interview the following day. Met with a manager. Basic easy interview, wanted to know about me, experience, and how would i handle certain things as well as what certain things meant to me. I emphasized that i was in school and VERIFIED if this was a part time position. Manger said yes. So after interview he told me he had to meet with another manager to confirm 2nd interview. Then he comes back to tell me sorry i would need more open availability. A WASTE OF TIME!!! This is suppose to be a PART TIME position, they expected me to have open availability every day

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First, I had to call up to the store for over a week to score an interview. When I got there, all the mangers were having a shift meeting that took over an hour.

I was offered the job on the spot because of my experience and charm.

Interview Questions

• Could you handle the busy period?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Interview

very easy job interview. the hard part willbe the exams for the specific departments that you may or may not qulify for. make sure you study and fill out the correct answers for the exams.

Interview Questions

• asked about how to make martini, old fashioned etc best type pf customer service normal questions for this type of job.   1 Answer

Front Desk Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

1. You receive a call to schedule a phone interview
    2. Do phone interview
    3. Come in person to interview with a departmental manager
    4. Offered job on spot or wait for call back
    Process took roughly two weeks

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

I applied online and after two weeks received a phone call inviting me for an interview. During my interview, I had a one on one with four of the managers and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Disbursement Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later about an initial phone screening. The phone call lasted about 20 minutes and was just about my resume and why I was interested in the position. I was then asked to fill out an online assessment and then scheduled an in person interview. I had the in person interview with three different people that lasted about 45 minutes. They told me more detail about the position and about company culture and then asked standard interview questions about experience and behavior. The interview was more laid back and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in accounting?   Answer Question
    • If I had your boss from *specific employer* here with me, what would they tell me about you?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

The initial process is taking a personality test online and filling out the usual work history, references and criminals history if it applies. I received a call from someone at the human resource department and asked if I was available for an interview at particular date and time.

Interview Questions

• questions were easy they basically asked about the work experience that was on my application.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dave & Buster's.

Interview

Came in a little late but I was the only 1 that actually showed up. 3 managers, 10 mins each for a total of 30 mins. They pretty much all ask the same questions.