David Weekley Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at David Weekley Homes

3.1

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is extensive and runs several weeks. It includes personality profiles and an IQ exam. David Weekley Homes goes to great lengths to make sure they get the best fit in a candidate. After the initial interview, the conduct an IQ exam and background check. If you pass that, they conduct a personality profile and then call you back in to review it. During the review, you are compared to the most successful people int he position you are applying for. You also discuss each result and how that applies to you and the position. After that, DW Homes has an internal managers meeting to discuss the candidates and decide to to continue with. If you pass that level, you are brought in to interview with a peer of your hiring manager. After that, they will set up an appointment to come to your home to meet with you significant other. If you pass all of those tests, then they will bring you in to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. In addition to talking about your qualifications, they inquire regarding your goals, values and what you expect from an employer   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes.

Interview

Very long interview process. Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. Three in person meetings, averaging about 3 hours each. In addition to the aptitude exam and personality exam, I had to do a design exercise, which was interesting.

They wanted to interview a family member or a close friend before making a final decision , which I thought was inappropriate and highly intrusive. This is not a senate vetting of a presidential appointee and I'm not seeking a security clearance. I withdrew myself from consideration.

Finally, the corporate office is very nice BUT why are all the lights off inside? I could hear a pin drop walking through the building. Very creepy.

Interview Questions

• Can we interview your family or friends before making a final decision?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

The hiring process at David Weekley Homes is pehaps the longest that I have come across in my 17 year career. They require multiple trips to their offices for interviews and testing. These trips to their location are often several weeks apart. In my situation, each time I would go to the office the interviewing manager would give me a date that they would contact me on and tell me that follow up on my part was not needed as they prefer not to have follow up from their candidates. In every situation during my inteview process, they failed to contact me on the date given and in two cases I had to contact the manager to remind her that I was waiting to be scheduled for the next step of the process. On two different occassions I was scheduled to meet with individuals who were on vacation at the time and was passed off to another person who did not even know what position I was applying for. I realize that David Weekley Homes is a highly rated company to work for, but I can tell you that their corporate office is incredibly disorganized and they show little to know concern for individuals in the hiring process with their company.

Interview Questions

• While you were in college you worked in the retail industry. Since your experience is in an industry other than accounting, don't you think that you would be better suited to work in that industry?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that it is important for companies to sponsor group activities for their employees?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about individuals who lack the initiative to seek promotions?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through an agency. After an initial phone interview to gauge my personality and my general technical know how, I was called in for the Wonderlic assessment and a more thorough interview to gauge my personality and for into the work environment.

Looks like a fun company to work corn

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you have encountered at work and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview as a result of a career fair, in person interview with a previous builder, personality and skills test in addition to in person interview on a separate day, brief meeting to discuss my results followed by follow up questions in regards to results on a 3rd day, email of no offer. This process occurred over the course of a month.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that could prepare you for working in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was absolutely ridiculous. You will have any where between 5-6 interviews including interviewing a spouse or whoever is your key influence. You will constantly have to reach out to them to get updates on where you are at in the interview process. If you don't email or call you will not receive anything from them. I understand picking the right person but when someone works and is looking to change places of employment it is a bit ridiculous. I would not recommend anyone to interview with David Weekley unless you have such strong credentials that it is a no brainier for them to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Questions are your typical interview questions. Just be prepared to answer them at least 4-5 times in front of 4-5 different people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

First you go through a initial interview , and the the second step consist of several personality and knowledge test which concluded with a through interview. The exams were diffucult in nature, and the second interview felt like a I committed a crime .

Interview Questions

• If you choose an animal , which would you be ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a not so seasoned manager "in training". Not very positive and it seemed as though he had been from job to job. Skeptical if he would have been my manager or not and if it would be a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic quality employee questions and testing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Detailed experience and personality profile reviews and testing.
    1) Project Manager interview
    2) Profile testing and background
    3) Other Project Manager, Division Peer interview
    4) Profile review interview
    5) In home interview with spouse
    6) Final interview - Offer

DWH is diligently focused on hiring the right 'personality profile and aptitude' versus extensive previous experience. This has lead to maintaining a perennially strong culture. They have the tools in place to mentor and train for experience and prefer that method over hiring 'retreaded' industry personnel.

Interview Questions

• What is it about DWH's that makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at David Weekley Homes (Houston, TX).

Interview

David Weekley Homes has a notoriously laborious process for getting on with their company. It's a point of pride for upper management to ensure they get only the most qualified / most potential and the best fit. The first interview is a standard 1 on 1 with one of their Sales or Quality coaches (who double as a candidate screener). Provided the first interview is successful, then you move on to a small round of testing in the form of the Berke Assessment and Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test. If your test scores meet within desired criteria, then you'll be notified and receive a panel interview by a couple of mid-level managers whom will discuss the results of the tests with you and ask a round of questions. Provided that interview is successful, you'll take another exam in the form of a Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Test which covers leadership and other critical thinking driven scenarios. After that exam is successfully passed, you'll receive another interview by a higher level manager (likely a Division President). At this point if all goes well, you'll have another interview with your spouse or significant other present, where the management will ask them pertinent questions (the "Key Influencer Interview". Your last and final meeting will be administrative, and cover your employment offer packet, go over benefits, etc. It's a very long process, but David Weekley Homes makes you feel like you accomplished something afterwards for getting through it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience with the Home Construction Industry?   Answer Question
    • How do you lead people you do not have direct control over?   Answer Question