David Weekley Homes Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.5
David Weekley Homes CEO John Johnson (no image)
John Johnson
Pros
  • "We also provide team building projects, community service opportunities, and great benefits(in 30 reviews)

• "Benefits, Team Members, culture of the company, 401K, profit sharing(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sales doesn't get every holiday off that the office and builders have off(in 36 reviews)

• "Upper management is disingenuous(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company, great people

May 4, 2021 - Residential Sales Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company that cares for its employees and the communities they build in.

Cons

Building and selling homes during a pandemic has come with unique challenges.

Career Consultant

Thank you for your review! Here at David Weekley Homes we take pride in our culture and our Team Members, and we are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with us.

2. 5.0

Awesome Company!

Apr 21, 2021 - Builder in Cypress, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible Company. David Weekley invests in their employees unlike any company I have ever seen or worked for. They are committed to excellence and will provide any and every employee with every tool they might need in order to succeed. You will never feel undervalued while at this company. They are genuinely devoted to your personal well-being and care for your work-life balance, while simultaneously supporting your efforts in advancing your personal career goals. They encourage you to be an expert in your craft and take time to continually educate their employees on how to become the best. David Weekley puts in an extended effort to please homeowners with the homebuilding process and also with the quality of the finished product of their home. Working for this company will make you the best, as long as you put the work in.

Cons

As with any job, it can take some time to get into a rhythym of success. David Weekley does a great job at training, however more in field training is helpful to someone new into the industry.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They care about their employees!

Apr 28, 2021 - Project Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really care about their employees & prove it all of the time. Everyone I've met so far seems very happy to be here, as am I. Even during COVID, they've been flexible, understanding & have shown genuine concern for everyone's health, safety & comfort levels. They've also been great at keeping morale up while staying involved in giving back to the community.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say, so I'll just add this: Everyone throughout all departments can always benefit from more communication. This is a general statement.

Career Consultant

At David Weekley Homes we take pride in making the workplace enjoyable. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with us and thank you for your time and commitment.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great organization to wrk for!

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Values, Leadership and high quality product

Cons

Work Schedule for Sales Consultant can be challenging

Career Consultant

We thank you for your comments about our company values and appreciate your candid feedback.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture. Great Company.

Apr 13, 2021 - Warranty Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constructive and positive coaching. Celebrate successes. Encourages us to run our own territory within company guidelines and protocols. Minimal micro-management. Profit sharing and aggressive 401k match. Promotes work life and family life balance. Good bonus packages based on merits. DWH is all about a living, breathing culture.

Cons

I can’t think of anything I don’t like. Could possibly be a little more tech advanced in some of our software, but that’s minor.

Career Consultant

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us. Culture and support are the core of our goals here at David Weekley Homes. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ehh

May 5, 2021 - Builder in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of internal team was great

Cons

Get rid of you rather than help you learn

Career Consultant

We thank you for your comments and appreciate your candid feedback.

7. 5.0

Couldn't be happier!

Apr 1, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company and employees. I have worked in sales for 15 years and this has been the best experience. They genuinely care about the customers, and their employees, and it truly shows. I could not be happier and feel blessed everyday to be apart of such a wonderful company!

Cons

I have no cons to contribute.

Career Consultant

Team Members at David Weekley Homes are the reason for our success, and we appreciate your positive review of your tenure with us.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work! Great culture and fun work environment. Great work life balance.

Apr 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible culture. They really care about their team members and your family here. I would work there forever if I could.

Cons

Pay is pretty low for the industry. Also there is a glass ceiling in the design department.

Career Consultant

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Team Member culture at David Weekley Homes. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Plays favorites

Apr 27, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits packages, great training program, great company culture

Cons

upper management plays favorites, low retention rate

Career Consultant

We appreciate your candid review of your experience as a Team Member of David Weekley Homes. Your feedback will be shared with the People Department.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid, Experienced Industry Leader

Mar 23, 2021 - New Home Builder in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

C.A.R.E. program! Culture, Great Benefits, 8% 401k match...

Cons

Land Acquisition seems to be an issue locally.

Career Consultant

The terrific culture we have at David Weekley Homes is based on the passion our Team Members have, and we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your tenure as a Builder. Thank you for your review and for your commitment to our company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 267 Reviews