David Weekley Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
John Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Benefits, Management values opinions, people want you to succeed" (in 16 reviews)

• "Good Benefits- health insurance, 401K match, profit sharing" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Communication from upper management could be better" (in 13 reviews)

• "The project managers are extremely full of themselves" (in 9 reviews)

1. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment. Truly caring management. Great benefits.

Cons

No cons in my opinion

May 17, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are thankful that you have been one of our valuable Team Members for the past 10+ years!

2. "Estimator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and people are friendly. The benefits are great and the company is very generous with their employees.

Cons

Sometimes people are too friendly and too much in your business.

Jun 19, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the flexible hours and our benefits.

"Great people, lacking pay structure."

Current Employee - Purchasing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Purchasing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is pretty great, even hangs on to you after you leave. Benefits are great. Training is second to nobody that I've worked for.

Cons

The pay is 15 years out of date, received a 40% pay raise by changing companies doing the same work. Lots of events that could be cut down to pay employees a fair wage. They seem to boast about how much money they're making but I never saw much of that come our way. The profit sharing is a bit of a joke, if you even get it.

Advice to Management

If you want QUALITY people to stick around, pay them what they're worth. I can't pay my bills with trips to Hawaii. Your heavy training investment is to the benefit of the next employer who pays far better.

May 17, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for taking time to provide this valuable feedback. We strive to create a company culture that allows our Team Members to thrive. It is unfortunate to hear that you did not feel as though... More

""Fake News" about David Weekley's Great Culture!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High Quality Homes & Service.

Cons

Low Pay for starters but the most depressing part is the Fake Culture they preach.
     about 24/7. In Florida it is complete lip service. Team is full of back stabbers that are very threatened by smart, outside new team members. You are either "In" meaning you have 20 years or more tenure or your "Out" due to either being new (less than 10 years tenure) or having your own original ideas. When you go to meetings its like an Old White Guy Convention...........or should I say Old White Guy Yes Man Convention because 98% of them are total yes men. They talk a big game about culture but its is complete B.S. I used to think it was just a Florida thing because the Florida Boss is a total yes man but I've learned its like that everywhere. Koolaid Culture with Low Pay is a bad combo.

Advice to Management

Turn it over to Chris and hope he is more progressive than current upper management. At least he's under 55.

"New home sales"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great company culture, salary plus commission, great health benefits, 401k with 8% match and profit sharing

Cons

Working on weekends, high expectations when it comes to surveys, capped on earning potential because a sales partner is required- no one man offices

May 17, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for being one of our valuable Team Members for the past 3+ years. We are glad to see that you saw our benefits as a positive as we... More

"Fake Culture"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401K matching, health insurance, etc.

Cons

Where do I even begin? All the comments before me are dead on. Talk about koolaid? They talk a big game about "the Weekley way" but in reality the whole company is full of back-stabbing snitches, and liars. I made the mistake of only interviewing with Weekley. I tested off the chart and they just loved hiring me, they said. But the endless training, horrible pay, no emphasis on sales, and every community is a build job which takes forever to pay commissions after closing. You're given a 'project' manager who knows nothing about sales or closing. And their ridiculous surveys. The homeowners became so tired of being hounded, they stopped returning calls. Weekley cares more about surveys than closing sales and moving inventory. And I witnessed a huge turnover of builders and sales, sometimes two or three during one build job. They're scared of carry interest to build "showcase" homes [spec homes] and give their sales people a model to demo and show. You're forced to sell from a floor plan and they're short of trades to build. Elevations and plans are simple and plain with no creativity. The competition is destroying this awesome home buying market in Dallas right now and I was stuck in first gear. And they make a big deal about energy efficiency. News flash- most builders use the same insulation materials, silicon sealing, vinyl windows and 2x6 exterior construction. My whole world changed once I interviewed on my days off. Found a home and tripled my income with an exciting, challenging and creative builder. Run away from Weekley!

Advice to Management

Shrink the training to one month, not four, and hire Sales Managers who know how to CLOSE!

Jun 19, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share this candid feedback with us. It is unfortunate that you had such a negative experience during your time with us. We wish you the best with future endeavors... More

"Best place ever to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are make this place the great. They are family! The atmosphere is one in which you feel the desire to improve and you know management is right there to help!

Cons

I really can’t think of any cons. DWH is a great place to work. The people are caring and just awesome! What else can I say....

Apr 19, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for sharing this 5 star review. We strive to ensure that we create an environment in which our Team Members can grow develop, so we are pleased to hear you are experiencing that. Thank... More

"Better Than I'd Ever Hoped For"

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits and pay are designed to ensure the financial security and prosperity of team members, both in the near future and in the long term. The generous amount of time off means that your job lets you have a healthy life outside of work.

There is a strong appreciation for training, which means you'll never be thrown in to a situation you can't handle. If you do find yourself in over your head, you've got a helpful group of managers and team members ready and willing to show you how to achieve and succeed.

While the pay makes you want the job, and the training makes you ready for the job, it's the culture that finds you enthusiastic for doing the work. There is such a strong sense of teamwork at DWH that "a day at the office" doesn't sound foreboding, it might even become something you look forward to. You probably won't find yourself saying "Oh good, it's Monday!" but you might find yourself experiencing a distinct lack of dread at the prospect of ending your weekend.

Cons

The interview process is lengthy and every opening is met with a great number of applicants. This can be quite intimidating.

The training and team spirit can seem a little bit surreal at times. It's the kind of thing other companies make miserable attempts at which result in "mandatory fun" and other unpleasant experiences. Just stick with it for the first few months, phone in the enthusiasm if you have to, but you'll get the hang of the atmosphere and realize how it actually creates a more positive and healthy work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It really seems to be working. I look forward to retiring from this company many, many years from now.

Apr 3, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our Team Members enable us to live out our purpose of Building Dreams, Enhancing Lives, and we appreciate your roll in that. Thank you so much for... More

"Great Company, Great Benefits"

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time

Pros

Profit sharing, Noble Journey points that allow you to buy just about anything (I earned enough to buy a $1000 item in 2 years).
    I also loved the small company feel within the local office.

Cons

Most negative feedback I can give is related to individuals, which shouldn't reflect on the company as a whole. The good stuff outweighs it though

Mar 28, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of the Noble Journey points. Those are a great reward for all of our Team Members hard work. Thank... More

"did I give that to you in writing?"

Former Employee - Builder in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Builder in Orlando, FL

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

for the most part they dont have you carrying too many homes at one time. They do give you more time than other builders do to finish the homes correctly.

Cons

Bonus tied to phone survey. I lost $ regularly after closing homes I should have recieved when people didnt want to participate in 20 minute phone call...they pay lower salaries than other national builders, trades are paid less too than fair market value and then are expected to perform 110%...I was asked when talking with my manager about a bonus he's promised if he'd "given me that in writing." Too many meetings, they dont have buildpro and you are required to do secretary/admin work...good ideas are shot down and not heard...

Apr 3, 2018 – Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our People Department and Management Teams pay close attention to the comments we receive here. We wish you the best in your career.