David Weekley Homes Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2020

4.1
David Weekley Homes CEO John Johnson (no image)
John Johnson
Pros
  • "Great benefits packages, great training and support from Coaches(in 27 reviews)

• "Benefits are great, profit sharing, employee stock options, great incentives for builder & sales positions(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales doesn't get every holiday off that the office and builders have off(in 34 reviews)

• "Upper management is disingenuous(in 14 reviews)

1. "Should be the #1 place to work!"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, incredible benefits and fair pay. If you are hard working, accountable and tired of changing employers, this is where you NEED to be! DWH truly values PEOPLE: the team members, the trade partners AND the customers. Hires based on the person, not just the experience. DWH spends the money to develop custom CRM and building software so it is more tailored to how our company operates and we don't spend unnecessary and countless hours trying to work around the generic software they purchased to save money. No Salesforce. I repeat: NO SALESFORCE SOFTWARE!! Always gives the sales team Easter and the 4th of July off so we can spend the time with our family and loved ones.

Cons

Sometimes do not hire people with experience. Pay is not always as high as what other builders are offering so easy to overlook the company if you do not consider the benefits. Not as many vacation days given to start compared to other builders, but you are not restricted when using them.

David Weekley Homes2020-06-02

June 2, 2020Career Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Company’s Culture and Benefits. Here at David Weekley Homes, we take pride in our Team Members, and are delighted you are enjoying your time with us.

2. "It's great until you want to grow in your career"

2.0

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, good work life balance. I rarely brought my pay home with me, insurance and 401k benefits are great. Lots of holidays and company meals as well

Cons

Company culture very clique-ish and cult-like. If you aren't a certain type of individual (typically shallow and superficial). Hard work is not rewarded. Loyalty is not rewarded. If you take on more responsibilities/have them dumped on you, don't expect more pay. If you ask for more than a ten cent per hour raise, they will just lie to your face about giving it to you, then find a reason to fire you before you next salary review so that they don't have to pay you more.

David Weekley Homes2020-05-08

May 11, 2020Career Consultant

We appreciate your candid review of your experience as a Team Member of David Weekley Homes. Your feedback will be shared with the People Department.

3. "Best Company Ever!!!"

Current Employee - Builder in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Team Members, culture of the company, 401K, profit sharing.

Cons

none none n/a n/a none

David Weekley Homes2020-04-09

April 13, 2020Career Consultant

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear you enjoy the benefits program, and enjoying your tenure with David Weekley Homes.

4. "Changing"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Competitive pay. Vacation.

Cons

Changing culture and executive leadership leaves something to be desired.

David Weekley Homes2020-04-20

April 21, 2020Career Consultant

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the Team Member benefits at David Weekley Homes. Thank you for your candid feedback and for sharing your review.

5. "Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Lead Builder in Dallas, TX

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Caring individuals that will go the extra mile to ensure happiness in the workplace

Cons

There are no cons at David Weekley Homes

David Weekley Homes2020-04-04

April 7, 2020Career Consultant

At David Weekley Homes we take pride in making the workplace enjoyable. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with us and thank you for your time and commitment.

6. "Grateful to work here!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for David Weekley Homes for over 6 years and I can say it is the best company I have worked for hands down. The benefits are amazing and so is the company culture. You will definitely work hard, so this company is not for the faint at heart. Definitely would and do recommend this company to others.

Cons

Technology is a little outdated, however I will say they have been making improvements.

David Weekley Homes2020-03-31

April 1, 2020Career Consultant

Thank you for your review and support of our Company’s Culture and benefits. We appreciate your dedication and are delighted to hear you are enjoying your tenure with us.

7. "Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

The focus is placed on the employee and making sure that every opportunity is available for their success

Cons

Little behind on the IT side but catching up

David Weekley Homes2020-03-12

March 13, 2020Career Consultant

Thank you for your review! Here at David Weekley Homes we take pride in our culture and our Team Members, and we are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with us.

8. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Warranty Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

David Weekley Homes really invest in assembling the best team available with the philosophy that a great team that knows they are valued and rewarded will ensure their customers and company will not only succeed but will excel. They invest in their employees and make them part of the family. They really care about their people and it shows.

Cons

No real complaints, this is a fast paced business and does require you to put forth your best effort. If you are not committed it is not the job for you.

David Weekley Homes2020-03-09

March 12, 2020Career Consultant

The terrific culture we have at David Weekley Homes is based on the passion our Team Members have, and we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your tenure with our Warranty Team. Thank you for your review and for your commitment to our company.

"There’s a reason we are on Fortune Magazine’s “Best Places to Work”"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team oriented, goal oriented, supportive and encouraging culture; The only company I’ve worked for throughout my career that lives it’s stated values in all areas of business and decision making. Excellent benefits. Competitive compensation. Rewarding work. High quality product and service.

Cons

Limited promotability within my career field

David Weekley Homes2020-02-27

March 2, 2020Career Consultant

We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your tenure with us. Our Culture is one of the key components to the Weekley Way, and we thank you for your continued support. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review!

"Training and Surveys"

2.0
    Current Employee - Warranty Representative

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Above average benefits package. Weekley family owners are legitimately charitable. Somewhat flexible scheduling. Decent pay, but you definitely earn it in this position. Excellent paid training: they send you to other cities to shadow someone in your role, they have extensive online and printed courses covering all aspects of the company, they send you to HQ in Houston for even more training. You learn about the personal encounters you'll have with your manager, the mentor you'll have, the guidance and support you'll get from management on how to best do your job and how to handle unfamiliar situations. You wrap up your training feeling like management cares about you, has your back and really wants you to succeed. It's truly an exceptional, in depth training program.

Cons

Then it ends. Training is over and the company you spent the last month learning about quickly becomes a distant memory. You're now on your own. No mentor checking in, no personal encounters, no direction or guidance from management. Just a constant struggle trying to figure out what to do and how to do it and oh, you'd better get those good survey results. The training is extensive, but it's just an illusion. Did I mention surveys? Here we have the most important thing in the company. Not all that stuff you learned in training, not even actual service. Just survey results.

David Weekley Homes2020-03-02

March 3, 2020Career Consultant

Your candid feedback is appreciated. We will share your comments with the People Department.

Found 207 reviews