DeNA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeNA (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online, had one phone interview and one onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted over 5 hours with several people coming to talk to me one-on-one. The questions were not very difficult, they were mostly about if I'd heard of or used this or that technology, or basic questions like what does a MongoDB query look like, or what is "this" in JavaScript.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a phone screen and take-home question. I solved the question, but declined to go further. I think these sorts of code puzzles are stupid. (Apparently there is a 30-word minimum for this box. I'm just typing this now to hit the silly, arbitrary minimum.)

Interview Questions

• There are 60 people in a restaurant at Narita International Airport. Of these, 42 are Japanese, 46 are male and 15 are children.

- Among the Japanese males, there are 4 children.
      - Among Japanese females, there are 8 adults.
      - There are only 3 non-Japanese females and all of them are children.

How many non-Japanese adult males are there?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DeNA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process from the first call to the first in person interview was very well organized. I met with four members of the team and felt very welcome. The interview started on time and each person spent about 30 minutes. I spoke with a producer, public relations manager, marketing manager and HR manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past experience in mobile games marketing and what games I played as a kid.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DeNA.

Interview

Very casual interview. Interviewers were dressed in everyday wear (not formal or business casual) and no one looked over 30. Had one round with 2 interviewers and another round with 1 interviewer. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Half the interview time was taken up with the interviewer talking about DeNA, what the work is like, asking if I had questions/answering them, talking about what work they do for the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your major. Explain it. Relevant classes, etc.
      2. Would you relocate here?
      3. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DeNA.

Interview

Job placement agency contacted me for this job. Went on for a on site in person interview for standard questions (data structure, simple coding on board, etc). Then work on a web application at home (a timed test). Note that I informed them Web application was not my strength. It turned out they want to see how fast I can pick up a new technology and provide solution in limited time. I tried out several framework by following tutorials and chose one work on (Heroku) . I worked overnight and presented the project to the hiring manager at the end.

Interview Questions

• Use technology of your choice, build a web application that holds a database of users, fishes and breeding of the new fishes. Interface to several sample query must be provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a good offer at the time so I accepted without bargaining.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DeNA.

Interview

3 phone screens, 5 interviews on site, offer came fairly quickly.
    1st interview was with Brad, internal tech recruiter, he was cool.
    everyone was very nice; the process was efficient
    HR is excellent in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• only one whiteboard question and it was very specific to vector math, would have preferred multiple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer before DeNA's , and they beat it

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeNA in March 2014.

Interview

My interview was conducted in about six hours over a couple of weeks. It was composed of around 6 1:1 sessions, plus a few informal meetings with other DeNA team members. The team members were smart, professional and friendly. I felt like the interview process was thorough and well organized.

Interview Questions

• One of the 1:1 discussions covered a database failure in a web application. The troubleshooting discussion spanned front-ends, middleware and the database tier.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DeNA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I applied and was contacted for an onsite interview within a week. Met with the a Coordinator and a Manager. The coordinator was very personable and welcoming. She asked general/behavioral questions and explained the role well. I didn't get the same vibe from the Manager. She seems to have a bit of a cold personality and didn't have much to say, responding to my questions in few words. With arms crossed and a blank stare during the whole interview, it felt like she was trying to wrap it up quick with out many questions. Other than that, the company seems like a fun place to work.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DeNA (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screen and two on-site interviews. I felt the first interview went fairly well, all interviewers answered my questions and were nice. I was contacted a few days later to come in for a second interview.

Round two, I interviewed with another person and lastly had a Skype interview while I was at their office (a little strange). Then as I finished up, I was told that they were still going to screen applicants later that week (At my first interview I asked what next steps were and was told they would select their top two candidates from round one and then select one final candidate from round two interviews).

Why would a company have someone come in for round two interviews and waste the candidate's and their own time while they continue looking for more candidates? It made me more irritated since I'm working and taking time off to interview isn't easy. They should know this.

Don't waste your time with this company..

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me within 48 hours after I submitted my application. A phone screen was set up shortly after, followed my an onsite interview. The onsite interview was on a Friday during lunchtime, and I didn't know who was interviewing me until I arrived onsite. The interviews were pretty conversational. I noticed that none of the interviewers seemed excited about the company, which was disappointing.