DePuy Synthes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2018

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Boring unattentive stupid little math quiz knew I had the job but it was predicated on predictability of a product that is not conducive to market Breakthrough, So much potential turned out it was just a crash and burn the product will be researched and moved overseas.

Label Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

Very Difficult and long interview 3hours. They asked questions based on their key principles in their in person portion of the interview- Connect, Lead, Shape and Deliver. After the interview each person who interviews you scores you 1-4. Before you even get to this point there are two phone interviews. Once with HR and one with your Hiring manager at a minimum.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about how you handle different situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a relatively simple interview. The interviewers (who were potential managers) just read over my resume and asked questions off of that. There were some more general technical questions related to the field, too.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial respsonse and follow up from HR and Recruiter was good. Set up phone interview via HR with the hiring Mgr.; Hiring Mgr. failed to appear and I had to call HR (after 1/2 hr) and re-confirm I had the correct time. Received call 15 min later from the Mgr. and had interview (& now I was not in best frame of mind). Interview went well, was told I'd be brought in the next week for 1:1; 2 weeks of no contact. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience with CAD drawings?   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

I do believe my interview process was unique and it may not be this way across the board, but it wasn't as nearly as gruling as it can be at some of the other places in town. I was interviewed by 3 engineers and 2 designers. It was one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had and I felt comfortable with each person from the start. They mostly wanted to get a feel for my experience with CAD design.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design something in Unigraphics from scratch, how would you go about doing that? Walk us through the process.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

Not bad....supervisor interview, manager, controller, CFO. Manager's would not make an offer without approval of CFO. CFO likes to have total control. This was before J&J buy-out...everything has changed now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes in February 2013.

Interview

Met with all members of the team to see what the work dynamic would be like. I ended up being passed on to a sister group because of this opportunity to meet so many people, so that was helpful. The team seemed much more interested in seeing if I knew how to analyze/examine things since a lot of what I'd have to learn could be covered on the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a task you don't have experience with when the solution is needed quickly?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (New York, NY).

Interview

After going through a recruiter, I met with the Regional Sales Manager. It was a solid, good interview. Good questions, asked my SAT score which was a first, typical "overcoming obstacles" questions, goals, etc. The I went out in the field with a rep to attend surgeries. The field experience is really an eye opener. Operating rooms are chaotic places and you are at the bottom of the barrel as an interviewee. Just observe, take notes, don't say much, keep inventory, obey orders, and absorb. For trauma sales, the reps are on call and it wears guys down. You can tell some of them are workaholics who make good money, but there's a tradeoff. After several ride-alongs there's a test and then a final interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I thought I've been successful up to that point in my career and life, to which I replied, yes. I was 26 at the time.   Answer Question

The nature of the job and the hours of being on call and limited in my freedoms was not attractive. The money was appealing, but nothing was guaranteed and there is high turnover in the industry.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes in March 2011.

Interview

last about 30 minutes 1:1 iv with manager. being advanced to next step

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

Several levels of interview starting with 1. regional manager, 2. reg. manager and senior sales consultant, 3. product management, 4. VP Sales, 5. President. If you make it this far, you go back to interview again with the reg. manager. It is a very competitive process. All the interviews were pleasant and I did not feel pressured or uneasy.

Interview Questions

• From the hiring manager: It's down to you and one other candidate. I'd like to give you the position but I'm not totally convinced you're the right choice. How can you prove to me that you're the right one for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy with the original offer, but asked for an additional $5k in base salary and got it.