DePuy Synthes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DePuy Synthes Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

3.3

CAD Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

I do believe my interview process was unique and it may not be this way across the board, but it wasn't as nearly as gruling as it can be at some of the other places in town. I was interviewed by 3 engineers and 2 designers. It was one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had and I felt comfortable with each person from the start. They mostly wanted to get a feel for my experience with CAD design.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design something in Unigraphics from scratch, how would you go about doing that? Walk us through the process.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Lansing, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Super easy, all we did was walk through my resume and discuss my goals for the future. Make sure you do some research on the background of this company and show interest in the medical field.

Facilities Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

4hours first day. 8 hours second day. Waited two months before a request to have me come back for third interview. Sat with VP of Operations and answered his questions. Went back to work and waited 2 more weeks for lunch date to tell me I received the job

Interview Questions

• What degrees do you have ? Where did you work before/ why are you leaving current company   1 Answer

Global Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but efficient and the team was respectful and responses were timely. They were clear about how the process would unfold and professional the entire time.

Medical Device Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

My second interview was in person with the sales rep that would mentor me and the regional manager. Dress in a suit, don't look too GQ. I came early, waited for them at the lobby of a hospital. The interview had a conversational flow and prodded me first with pleasantries (how was your drive) to asking specifics about me.

Interview Questions

• I worked a few jobs and had 2 degrees at the time (science), finishing a third in education. Their main concern was how I could guarantee I'd stay since it takes months and money to train me to be a novice, that the work/life balance is heavily leaning to work and why am I acceptable for this job.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for this role?   1 Answer
    • Note a questions, just things I'd like to pass on. Sell yourself. If you don't sell and close at the end of your own interview, why would they think you'd do it for their products? When I wrote this i was still waiting to hear if I got the job (that's not an option to check off here tho). Be calm, it's just them trying to find out who you are. Try to make this a normal conversation (where you don't just have short answers all the time, where you have a back and forth with your questions too, yes they want to make sure you're qualified but they want to make sure you can work with them, don't be a robot). Not gonna lie, I feel kinda confident i got this job but who knows. Best of luck to you all!   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through a college program, found out that I got the interview and was invited to schedule an interview and visit for the location, heard back a few weeks later.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

The interview started with a test and which you then discussed with a few of the engineers on the team. Questions were asked on how you got to certain answers and what the kind of thought process was. I got a few questions wrong and they guided me though it.

Interview Questions

• Between these two beams which one would you expect to break first.   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raynham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Raynham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, I had an interview with Johnson and Johnson HR for about 20 minutes. She wanted to make sure you have all the requirements listed in the job description. At the end of the phone interview, she scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager at DePuy Synthes Spine. In my phone interview with the hiring manager and one of her engineer, she started the interview with asking me if I have any question about the job, while I believe that's her responsibility to describe the position, team, missions, goals, etc. That was odd. They asked me more about my technical skills and past experiences, for example, do you have any experience on testing final products? All questions were relevant and based on the job description and the whole phone interview took only 30 minutes. Four days later, I was invited for the on-site interview.

My on-site interview started with a written exam which took an hour. Basic and fundamental questions from mechanical design. Not very difficult questions but it needed me to brush up some of my past knowledge like GD&T. Then all the team members sit with you to discuss your answers with you (not to mention that the hiring manager couldn't make it to this part of interview). This can be sort of a stressful situation, especially, that if you have a wrong answer they start discussing with you and make you more confused. Then you will one-and-one interview with each of them for 45 minutes. All behavioral questions. An all day long interview which at some points was unusual to me. I waited four weeks to get a No.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had disagreement with your manager and you had to convince him.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Warsaw, IN).

Interview

I met them at the Career fair at my school and I was invited for an interview in Warsaw Indiana. I interviewed with about 4 groups and had to rate which one I liked the most at the end of the process. I got an offer after about a week. The interviews were pretty laid back and I was at ease for the most part

Interview Questions

• Just basic personality questions and questions about the experience on my resume   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager which went well with reasonable questions. Much of it was a description of the position, the team, the expectations, the training. I was told there will be a 2nd interview with someone from the company they are merging with and that only very experienced candidates are hired.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what the largest difference I thought would be between my last position and the upcoming position and how I felt about the difference.   Answer Question