DePuy Synthes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DePuy Synthes Interview Questions

Interviews at DePuy Synthes

3.1

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

The interview was In-forma. I was asked to meet over drinks. It was more of feeling you out to see if you would fit in with the team. Lasted about 2 hours.

Value Stream Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes in October 2018.

Interview

Online through LinkedIn, a phone screen, then an onsite interview with members of a panel, all of whom were very friendly except the hiring manager. After following up 2 times with the hiring manager and getting no response I would not recommend this site until they change leadership

Interview Questions

• No set interview questions, very informal and unscripted   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Denver, CO) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a Skype interview. I was supposed to talk to at least two people one from R&D and the other Quality, but ended up talking to just my supervisor.

Copy Approval Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (West Chester, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a short wait in the lobby and the desk was unmanned. They had security turnstiles (for lack of better word) and I worried whetherI would have to jump them. Eventually a very friendly lady arrived with apologies. Mt interviewer arrives, very friendly as well. She made efforts to make me feel relaxed and welcome.

The interview was a conference call with 3 additional remote people. Their questions were reasonable and there was only one that surprised me. Everyone was friendly and I left feeling like I had a real chance. It was an enjoyable interview!

I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• The one that surprised me: Do I think "...Creativity or Analysis comes first?" I think that is verbatim.   1 Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (New Brunswick, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

The process took about 2 months, after initial interviews with HR and the hiring manager it took 2-3 weeks to hear from a rep to move on the process. Went to final round of “interviews” where I shadowed a rep in procedures. It ended with me contacting them after not hearing back to find they had quickly filled the position internally.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

The process started with a phone call with the hiring manager. A week later, I had 3 hour-long Skype interviews over the course of two days. This was in lieu of an on-site interview. I wish I was brought on-site so I could see the facilities but I was happy to do the interview in the comfort of my own house. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and laid-back - the best way to conduct interviews in my opinion.

About a week later, I received a phone call from the recruiter asking me about my salary expectations. First I said that I was hoping to receive an offer before sharing that information but she told me the hiring manager was requesting it. I gave her a somewhat high number assuming they would come back lower. After another week or so, I received another phone call from the same recruiter telling me they went with someone else. I can only assume they went with a candidate that had lower salary expectations than me. This part of the process seemed a bit sneaky and definitely turned me off to the company. If this is how the company hires, they should ask this question much earlier in the process. It also makes me think they are low-balling their employees and choosing candidates based on pay-rates and not skills or company culture/fit.

Interview Questions

• List potential failure modes for a device and describe ways in which you would mitigate them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a relatively simple interview. The interviewers (who were potential managers) just read over my resume and asked questions off of that. There were some more general technical questions related to the field, too.

PBG Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canal Fulton, OH

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Canal Fulton, OH).

Interview

Had several phone interviews at several different dates and times. I was told the next step would be a phone interview with the Director. I followed up a week later due to the hiring manager had several schedule conflicts due to audits. The hiring manager informed me it was her holding it up and it would be on hold for a couple of weeks. I followed up in two weeks via email and received no reply. I called her to but was told she was in a meeting and that she knows they will be making a final decision soon due to on going interviews. The recruiters would be in touch with me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of the nonconformance’s given was not agreed upon?   1 Answer

Janitorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes (Warsaw, IN) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick, straight to the point questions. Come with experience in hand to talk about and show lots of happiness to be given a chance to interview. They get hundreds of applicants for a single job posting and only pick 5 for the final pool to pick from so show appreciation.

Interview Questions

• If someone asked you what your position is and you said Janitor at Depuy Synthes, would you be proud to say that you do this for a living?   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DePuy Synthes.

Interview

I do believe my interview process was unique and it may not be this way across the board, but it wasn't as nearly as gruling as it can be at some of the other places in town. I was interviewed by 3 engineers and 2 designers. It was one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had and I felt comfortable with each person from the start. They mostly wanted to get a feel for my experience with CAD design.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design something in Unigraphics from scratch, how would you go about doing that? Walk us through the process.   1 Answer