Dean & DeLuca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dean & DeLuca Interview Questions

2.2

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Wichita, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

It began with a visit to the local TAG-The Arnold Group office in town. The paperwork was filled out, the resume accepted, and basic computer skills test was given.
    After that, you are sent directly to the location of work to meet with the company supervisors of Dean and DeLuca.
    Once there, they talk to you about your background, resume, and hours available to work. If you agree with the hours, they show you how to clock in for your work and you go from there.
    Simple interview process, but then this job paid barely above minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a background in inventory?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The manager was very nice and accommodating. waited like 20 mins to see her then was led to the office, and we just talked about the company basically why i wanted to work for them and why i was leaving my old job. the interview was no more than 30 mins and after that she told me to call back a week later to find out if i had gotten the position.

Na Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca.

Interview

After what seemed to be a pretty good first phone interview, I was invited for a second naturally. The manager interviewing me said that she would email a listed of dates and times and never did. I called and emailed to find more information and was completely ignored. Three weeks later I received the automated email that they hired someone else. Shocker. Unimpressed by the lack of respect and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your designing process? Difficult to explain to a non graphic designer.   Answer Question

Espresso Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I knew an employee, so she gave me a referral, and told me to come in during a downtime. I stopped by in the afternoon, asked for the manager, let him know who referred me, and he handed me an application. He handed me an application and told me to fill it out, and right after that we had an interview. He took my application, and told him he would call withing five days. Two days later I got the call, and was offered the job. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable and easy. i was asked about my previous experiences and why i want to join this company. they also asked about my availability. also if i can travel easily

Maintaing the Pastry Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The manager asked me a few questions and I answered them to my best knowledge. The Next day he called and told me I was hired and can come in for my paper work

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Leawood, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

I got called in about a week after I applied, and was interviewed I was asked why I chose dean and Deluca. I was asked where I wanted to work, if I would show up to my shifts, my availability during school, and how many hours I want to work per week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and I met with the branch manager directly. It can be quite intimidating but I was being myself and show a little personality. I went in with jeans and a t-shirt. the interview process was very easy as I got the job the next day.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

The managers at Dean and Deluca who interviewed me were super friendly. They asked basic interview questions about work experience, education, upbringing. They were very accommodating with schedules. Once hired, you go through some corporate training seminars about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Not super difficult but they asked why Dean and Deluca and what you would bring to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Craigslist then about a week or so later i was called in for a interview with the District Manager, after that interview i was called about a day or two later for a group interview with the District Manager and Assistant Manager of the store at which we were being interviewed...During the Interview we were all asked 2 questions which we took turns around the table answer then one by one we would go to a separate table with just the managers for a One on One interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any questions were difficult or unexpected its the usual Interview questions, Where do you see yourself?, Why D&D?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations they made me an offer i found acceptable so i accepted...