Dean & DeLuca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dean & DeLuca

2.1

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Wichita, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

It began with a visit to the local TAG-The Arnold Group office in town. The paperwork was filled out, the resume accepted, and basic computer skills test was given.
    After that, you are sent directly to the location of work to meet with the company supervisors of Dean and DeLuca.
    Once there, they talk to you about your background, resume, and hours available to work. If you agree with the hours, they show you how to clock in for your work and you go from there.
    Simple interview process, but then this job paid barely above minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a background in inventory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on Craigslist then about a week or so later i was called in for a interview with the District Manager, after that interview i was called about a day or two later for a group interview with the District Manager and Assistant Manager of the store at which we were being interviewed...During the Interview we were all asked 2 questions which we took turns around the table answer then one by one we would go to a separate table with just the managers for a One on One interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't think any questions were difficult or unexpected its the usual Interview questions, Where do you see yourself?, Why D&D?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations they made me an offer i found acceptable so i accepted...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

For the position of a mere cashier, they sound like they demand so much out of this part-time, cashier position as if you were working a full-time job. I lost interest during the process, needless to say. The interviewees (I had 2 managers interview me) were very thorough and it's more than being on the register - cleaning, making food, opening/closing store. I've never had any experience in the food industry so I assume they were looking for someone with prior experience but from the kind of questions they asked, it seemed very demanding, especially for an entry-level job. They get so much out of you with the questions. They will send you to take some training courses for working with the food machines and how to make food...for the position of a cashier. One of the interviewees seemed very bored/not interested while the other seemed fun and understanding but it was a VERY long interview. Overall, not a really great experience and I'm glad I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very comfortable and easy. i was asked about my previous experiences and why i want to join this company. they also asked about my availability. also if i can travel easily

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Leawood, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

I got called in about a week after I applied, and was interviewed I was asked why I chose dean and Deluca. I was asked where I wanted to work, if I would show up to my shifts, my availability during school, and how many hours I want to work per week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

it was short simple and straight to the point. They we're fast very polite and keen freindly as well during the process it took one interveiw and i was hired the next week.

Interview Questions

• what do i know about hospitality   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was there or four questions over the phone. The questions were concise and very good. They were not questions that were intended to cause any trouble. It was a series of four questions to get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation at a previous job where you made a positive difference.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and I met with the branch manager directly. It can be quite intimidating but I was being myself and show a little personality. I went in with jeans and a t-shirt. the interview process was very easy as I got the job the next day.

Na Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca.

Interview

After what seemed to be a pretty good first phone interview, I was invited for a second naturally. The manager interviewing me said that she would email a listed of dates and times and never did. I called and emailed to find more information and was completely ignored. Three weeks later I received the automated email that they hired someone else. Shocker. Unimpressed by the lack of respect and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your designing process? Difficult to explain to a non graphic designer.   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dean & DeLuca (Alexandria, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through Craigslist by Emailing my resumé, was interviewed on site and was then hired on the spot. I initially applied for the cashier position but was told based on my experience and schooling I was more suited to work in prepared foods. This is apparently something that happens a lot - several of my coworkers claimed they applied for certain positions but were offered another that the GM thought they were better suited for.