Decker Truck Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Decker Truck Line

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Decker Truck Line (Waterloo, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

Acceptable in all aspects related to reference check, etc Recruiter was thorough and friendly. I explained that I needed runs that did not entail hard physical labor.

I wanted no touch loads and drop and hook. I am a most safe and reliable driver

Interview Questions

• Referrals checked. However did not pass agility test- no level or other explanation given.
      Disappointing because as a 60+ year old female- I was expected to be able to compete with a 30 year old male   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Decker Truck Line.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and nice at the fort dodge terminal. They are welcoming and warm, but the company has a history of not paying well. It would be a great company to work at if they were willing to pay market wages.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Dodge, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Decker Truck Line (Fort Dodge, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application , Got a call the next week said I had job . started the following week . Filled you with all the crap and lies . Then held up to nothing when working for them.

Interview Questions

• Is your application correct   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Decker Truck Line (Bessemer, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

4 party conference call. GM of maintenance,Iowa. Human Resource Officer,Iowa. Terminal Manager, Shop Foreman, Both at terminal in Bessemer Alabama. They focused on the experience and training that would be required by a technician that could perform well and stay safety oriented in a constant moving shop. Questions of computer skills and personal tools and how to use them were important. Diagnosing emissions systems is a must as well HVAC. Besides that,it was just experience questions,

Interview Questions

• Experience, Dedication, Distance   1 Answer