Dell Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,747 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   3 Answers

Dell Technologies Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Configuration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Plano, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Panel Interview first, then a skills interview

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

Dec 3, 2018 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for interviewing with us. And special thanks for sharing your experience. Hoping there will be another vacancy more suitable for you. All the best.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy phone interview with 3 individuals. They all asked a few experience questions and them some techincal questions. After the interview I was contacted by the original staffing agency to let me know I got the job as Dell usually was a contract-to-hire company.

Interview Questions

• What are the FISMO roles and what do they do?   1 Answer

Contracts Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview by the manager and then in-person interviews with the team I would be joining. The most stressful part was trying to find the actual location of where the interview would be happening in the maze of buildings and confusing structures on the Dell campus.

Interview Questions

• how I handled certain difficult situations in the past   2 Answers

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Peoria, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It started by simple conversation about the weekend plan. Then the manager started to talk about Dell Service, and what the opportunities are. Then we started to go over my resume, and I realized that he started to get distracted. As I went over my resume, I would stop and see if he would add some comments, and he didn't add anything and that became a dead silence. Because it was a phone interview, I almost thought I got disconnected, but he was still listening. Even until the end of the interview, when I was asking questions, his answer would not be more than 1 sentence. It wasn't that pleasant of an experience.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Conducted 2 phone interviews with different people, then moved to a panel interview with 2 other people. Offer came shortly after the panel interview, then went into a long process of background checks and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled a conflict with a co-worker   1 Answer

Software Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They contacted me shortly after taking my resume to conduct interviews on my college campus. I interviewed with three engineers in a row. The first two were lovely, and the third was the rudest interviewer I've ever met. He would constantly laugh at me, or criticize me for asking clarifying questions about the prompt. He probably used the phrase "It's really not that hard" at least 5-10 times over the course of the hour I spent with him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

I received a call for a phone screen 3-days after posting to a position. The manager did a skills interview and a review of the position. A week later a group interview was scheduled. First couple of interviewers were standard, with no goofy questions. The third interviewer was from another department that had absolutely no involvement with the group I was interviewing for, and he had no questions for me. I questioned him about his position and how this group would help his group, but he had no feedback. We spoke about the company culture and wrapped up the whole thing in 10 minutes. The third person would have been a peer. His stated concern was that this position was created to eliminate other positions in the department.

Interview Questions

• So you are here to eliminate our jobs?   1 Answer
    • I don't work with these guys and have no idea what I am doing in this interview, so I don't have any questions for you.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer is very patient and nice to introduce the daily routine and responsibility for this position and go through the resume and ask for some technologies employed in the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the difference between machine learning and deep learning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter contacted me asking me for my available times and did not respond at all.

Then a developer emailed me a week later asking for my availability for a technical screen, and proceeded to call me 40 minutes later than our scheduled time. Didn't even get a response from him.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in June 2019.

Interview

I got an employee referral for a new-graduate Software Engineering role that had just opened up (this position was not through campus-recruiting ). A couple days after I applied, an HR Recruiter called me to set up a phone interview later that week with an Engineering Hiring Manager. The phone interview was easy and consisted of Dell/behavioral/project-based questions. After passing the phone interview, I was asked to come on-site. I choose to set up my onsite interview exactly a week from my phone interview. The onsite interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews. The first one was with an Engineering Manager, the second with a Senior Architect, and the third was with a Software Engineer. At the end of the three interviews, the Hiring Manager who spoke to me on the phone scheduled a 15 minute meeting with me. She told me she was ready to offer me the position on the spot. After accepting, I met with my HR Recruiter for 15 minutes going over the details and official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what the job you applied for is asking of you? Do you understand the specific Dell Product/Division on the job description? Explain.   Answer Question
    • What ideas can you bring to Dell to make Dell a better company?   Answer Question
    • In-depth project-based questions - Explain all the technologies you used in project [x] and how they work, tell me about a passion project, etc.).   Answer Question
    • Group project questions - Tell me about a difficult group project, etc.   Answer Question
    • In-depth Java Questions: Explain Inheritance, Polymorphism, keyword Static, Instantiating Objects, Arraylists, LinkedLists, REST, API Calling, etc.   1 Answer
    • Find the first non-repeating character in a string.   1 Answer