Delta Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Delta Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Food & Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.ca (although postings across multiple sites). Received a phone call about 1 week later and arranged an interview at the hotel. The interview was straight forward, the interviewers were friendly. They said they'd get back to me within a week. They even validated parking

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself; tell us why you want to work for us; where do you see yourself in five years; have you ever had to deal with any performance management issues; how would you deal working with people who have been working here (or in the industry) for over 30 years; how would you handle not being the senior manager in the department   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Hotels in April 2016.

Interview

HR phone interview- hiring manager phone interview- Hiring manager & HR skype interview, did not work out on the first day and rescheduled another time ( this part made me very confused, I could travel for interview, but they decided to have a skype one. interview question almost as the same as the first two interviews, and I was told to they will have another two round of interviews with assistant of Hiring manager if I will be selected) I have been interviewed by many companies in Canada, but this is the first time I have a process to be interviewed from top manger to bottom and asked exact the same interview question. However, they did call me to rejected me in couple of days after I sending a follow up email.

Generally, it is not a very happy interview process, i guess they already have a ideal internal candidate before they set up a skype interview instead of asking me to travel for interview which i would love to travel for new opportunity. :(

Interview Questions

• whats is the most difficult task in your previous working experiences, how does your friend describe you ? what your career goal, this is not a really accounting job? ect.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview with HR was relatively easy, and was asked the regular behavioural questions. When it came to the Finance Director, he was a little more thorough as he wanted to understand your depth of knowledge on the systems, principles and processes.
    I had 2 phone interviews - HR and the Finance Director, and later met with both of them for a in-person interview

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

it was pretty quick there were 2 managers who interviewed me .and told me that the front office manager will just call if they are done with the interviews since theyre having like ongoing interviews.its been like a week already havent had a phone call yet from them,but will see.

Interview Questions

• ts just basically your work experience and some questions on how you deal with people   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was very standard. Met with a supervisor and their superior. Interview was conducted by their superior. Interview questions were generally behavioural based. Felt nervous but despite that was able to answer most questions well in my opinion.

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

First round was a Phone Interview, was Pretty Easy and they test your work experience , Second round was Face to Face interview. Its Behavioral and Question Relater to Previous experience

Interview Questions

• How will you handle Stress ?   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottetown, PE (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Charlottetown, PE (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

The single interviewer seemed unprepared & only going through the motions. There was only one manager to do the interview while company policy requires two managers to score the interview. The manager seemed more interested in checking his e-mails etc & often seemed distracted or un interested. The structure of the interview was unclear & I had to bring up pertinent information on my own.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever changed a toilet at night?   1 Answer

Assistant Executive Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed 4 times over a period of 2 weeks. No information on expected compensation was provided until the actual job offer. Pretty standard interview questions: company-related and behavioral questions. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. I researched the company well and demonstrated it during all four interviews and every time they looked surprised. I guess other candidates did not do their research.

Interview Questions

• Where would you say you're more organized: at home or at work?   Answer Question

Restaurant Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Delta Hotels (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Overall, the hiring process was really easy and straightforward for me. My local Delta hotel hosted a job fair of all its available positions and I distributed my resume to all the departments with positions that I was interested in. I specifically wanted to work at the restaurant and so chatted a bit with the restaurant manager who was present.

A few days after the job fair, I received a call for a quick interview at the hotel: this was moreso asking questions of my availability and capabalities - trying to see where I could fit in. A few days later, I got the call that I got the job as the restaurant hostess.

Interview Questions

• Q: When are you available to work and when can you start?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Interview

Submit a resume, go through one interview with a bunch of other people on the same day, get hired.