Demandbase Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Demandbase

1. Featured Interview

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Demandbase (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

My opinion might be slightly biased as I literally just accepted employment from Demandbase today but I did want to take a moment to post a quick review about the hiring process.

As you know interviewing can sometimes be an arduous endeavor, actually most of the time. However, the Demandbase team has been able to transform a typically disjointed process into something so seamless. It has truly been breath of fresh air over the past month getting to know everybody from the Demandbase team, in a variety of different roles.

What really was unique was that not once did I have the same questions and conversation with people which is rare now at days and speaks volumes to the communication and culture that is cultivated internally. As you know selling yourself over and over is a typical part of the interviewing process but with Demandbase they truly took interest in not only what I did, who I was and what I wanted to do in the future.

The interview process was not short but not entirely too long either. It started with an initial phone screening with the internal recruitment team who took the time to learn about my skills and my past to ensure the role was in line with what both parties were expecting. You were able to tell that she had been doing this for some time and took pride in her work as the conversation was very contextual as opposed to stuffy and dry.

I then had two additional calls with the hiring manager. While these rounds were more difficult, a lot of the conversations were situational, exploratory and allowed her to take the time to learn a little bit about me.

After those, there was an on-site meeting with a variety of different senior team members. Some of them were people I would report directly too and others were people who I would work with closely on a daily basis. While this in-person interview was on the longer side, it was beneficial as it helped to paint a vivid picture of what the day in the life at Demandbase would be like.

The last part of the interview process was a "mock-presentation". I will not go too far in-depth here because if you made it this far in the process, then this will help you visualize what client conversations will be like while at Demandbase. It was a mixture of learning ABM strategies, controlling the conversation, critical thinking and presentation style. While there was a fair amount of work that went into this presentation, it really helped give me a deeper understanding of the ABM value, tool, clients and real-life scenarios.

Shortly after the last interview, I was asked for references, presented and offer and then submitted the standard background & employment verification. Nothing out of the ordinary. During this time, the Demandbase kept me up to date with progress and things that were needed to move forward. Not once throughout the process did I need to chase down updates as all too often I received them, in what felt like record-breaking real-time.

Within the first hour of singing and accepting the offer letter, I was showered with personal emails from people I spoke to throughout the process (one of them was even out on sick leave and still found time in her day to congratulate me), LinkedIn requests + messages from my future team welcoming me on board. Right off the bat, it felt like I joined an extended family and I could not be more ecstatic to join the team in the upcoming weeks. My advice is if you are looking for a place that feels like home and culturally practices what they preach - then Demandbase is where you want to look into for your next career.

Interview Questions

• How would you define Customer Success?   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Demandbase (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter > One hour assignment > Video call with manager > Onsite interview

Interview process was straight forward, however I did not accept the offer as I received a better offer which aligns with my needs.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter and she did not know what she was talking about. She tried downplaying what I had previously done in my previous jobs and in my current job.

Senior Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandbase (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

A recruiter (Colleen) reached out to me via LinkedIn to talk to me about the position. She was one of the most helpful, well informed recruiters I've ever spoken with. The initial call took around 35-40 minutes and I was then asked to scheduled time to speak with the hiring manager (which took another 30 minutes or so).

I thought the second call went very well and was followed up less than 24 hours later with a call from Colleen to talk about how things went and to invite me to come for an onsite interview.

The interview was around 4 hours where I met with the manager, a few members of the team, and briefly with Colleen. She let me know the team was debriefing the following day and that she'd get back to me with any feedback and next steps.

I was subsequently invited onsite for the final interview which involved a presentation followed by a Q&A with the hiring manager and 2 other senior team members. The presentation instructions were emailed to me followed up by a prep call with the hiring manager. I felt very supported and guided throughout the process.

I was offered the job and happily accepted!

Interview Questions

• Describe a client that was having a challenge and what steps (and what people you involved) to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Human Resources/Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandbase (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Extremely quick interview process. Phone screen -> onsite -> call with VP all in about 1 week. Nothing unexpected or uncomfortable was asked; seemed very fair throughout, and candidate experience was clearly emphasized and maintained. I appreciated how responsive and speedy everything was. Responsive recruiter + responsive candidate = extremely fast decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Demandbase?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Demandbase.

Interview

An external recruiter reached out to set up the initial phone conversation with the hiring manager. Then I came in for an on-site with 5-6 people. Once I passed it they asked me to prepare an assignment for the next call. They asked me to prepare a PR for a product. I did not pass this stage, which was the final one. But, oddly enough the PR process is new to them as well. So, I think that they took me as experiment to try out their new process. Honestly, I wouldn’t waste my time interviewing with a company that does not have a fair process toward candidates.

Interview Questions

• White boarding during the onsite and a PR for the final stage.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Total ghost.

After what should have been a 30 minute phone interview, my interview went so well that it was an hour long.

I was advised I would be updated in one or two days to have the same poor experience as another reviewer here on Glassdoor, total silence.

I reached back out up to four times after not hearing anything on the date I was advised there would be follow up. I finally get a response after my numerous attempts at follow up.
    For a company that prides themselves on culture and how they treat their people, its absurd to stand up, ignore or ghost candidates.

Unacceptable.

Senior Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Demandbase (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I enjoyed interviewing with Demandbase. The recruiters were very helpful and friendly, as well as responsive. Overall it was very well organized and the process was very timely. The communication is great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your past experience and how it relates to this role.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Demandbase.

Interview

3 phone interviews with a recruiter, sales manager and sales leadership. Progress there, and it's on-site interview with 9 various sales and HR leadership persons and sales reps themselves., each roughly 30 minutes. Some are very sales-focused, some are more general questions about work experience and background.

Interview Questions

• What's been your biggest sales success and describe that process to me?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Demandbase (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First step was the initial screen by the recruiter, asked about resume, tell me about yourself sort of thing. After that came a timed take home technical screen which was pretty basic DOM manipulation with HTML, CSS, JS. Then came a video interview with the hiring manager, which went really well. He asked me mostly Customer Service type questions and about my experience. Then the final interview was the onsite where I met 5 people , each form a different department. I though it went really well, but I guess they didn't. In the end , they said hey wanted someone with more SASS experience, which they knew I didn't have by looking at my resume, but hey you're allowed to change your mind and you're allowed to not like me. Ha!