Cover image for Demandbase

77 Comments

Tech

631.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Demandbase~271272
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Demandbase? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Demandbase employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Demandbase and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 23, 2023 - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people, good market segment

Cons

Working from home is lonely

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overall Positive

Jan 29, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, exciting integration between sales & marketing in action. So many wonderful people worked here all very interested in collaborating and sharing ideas/ support. Working so close with marketing as a salesperson was awesome. Lots of training and a great product.

Cons

The company expanded so quickly that people promoted in sales leadership were perhaps not the best people to be in leadership roles. When I was there (several years back) some managers in the sales development left me with the impression they were kicking their feet up and just riding on the success of the product & marketing rather than working to inspire their teams and support the people who were struggling in historically difficult territories.

3. Join the Demandbase team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Struggling and it shows

Jan 24, 2023 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, WFH, lots of helpful tech like Gong, access to Pavilion

Cons

- Bad leadership (former CRO had 0 sales experience, CMO overcomplicates our GTM). They only knows how to sell cheap ads, partly why the acquisitions strategy didn’t work, and we slipped noticeably on Gartner MQ. - Constant fire drills or change in direction leads you to have a lot of incomplete projects, nothing to show at end of quarter - Demandbase is not diverse - Compensation plan full of "gotchas” - Promotions based on cliques leading to outside ICs actually having more experience than some managers - Top performers leaving for competition because of poor compensation, changing strategies and no ability to execute - Core Demandbase protects its own and performance means very little - Platform crashes a lot, so their competitors are crushing them - Company lives in 6sense’s shadows - Free insurance is gone :-(

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

1000% the best company I have worked with

Jan 12, 2023 - Customer Success in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- working with the smartest folks - a product that is really going places / constantly improving - remote work - work/life balance - company actually takes time to show gratitude towards employees - great opportunity for growth - above average compensation

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of one - I am very grateful to be a part of the Demandbase team!

6. 5.0

Best Company I've worked for

Dec 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Leadership - Truly Remote - Family Friendly - Good Work/Life Balance - Amazing and caring co-workers - Compensation is very competitive

Cons

- Startup - you will do more than your typical large tech (this is a pro for me but a con for others) - Most of the team are top performers, you need to be at the top of your game

7. 5.0

Very happy going into my 3rd year

Dec 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment Good growth paths, company constantly looks to promote from within wherever possible Good work-life balance & generous PTO (including two week-long company shutdowns each year around 4th of July and Thanksgiving)

Cons

IPO path has been delayed by challenging 2022 macro environment, some restlessness among more tenured employees

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Going down hill FAST!!

Dec 2, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% Remote, Great Benefits, 2 weeks vacation company wide,

Cons

Extremely toxic and stressful work environment. No diversity. Management is extremely disorganized and treat employees poorly. Constantly laying people off but still hiring more people? Makes no sense. They also care about the data and not employees well-being. Not willing to invest in their employees growth or promote people unless you’re in their clique. Also, the platform crashes a lot, so their competitors are crushing them.

10 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Dream Job? Dream Company? ALL OF THE ABOVE

Aug 18, 2022 - SDR Enablement Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been around for a while SO they know what they're doing with their customers, employees, products, and evolution! Such an innovative, dynamic, and inspiring place to work. I absolutely love it here and my role. They are HIGHLY invested in the overall success of their employees and do everything they can to make it an inclusive environment for us to work. Pay is great, people are great, the product is great. One of the top companies to work for in tech right now :) & it is only getting better!

Cons

No cons for me! It's literally my dream company/role (not just saying that I'm super happy/fulfilled here)

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Oct 27, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team is really caring , and they seem to have everyone's best interests in mind

Cons

Fully remote can be a challenge for those looking for an in office culture

11. 1.0

Culture struggling w/ evolution to SaaS Sales

Oct 4, 2022 - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product vision. Possible to have a great future.

Cons

Round after round of layoffs due to poor executive planning and management of the business. Anyone brought over from an acquisition is quickly shown the door. Core Demandbase protects its own and performance means very little. Either you are in with the core clique, or you will be laid off when this hyper-cyclical business goes through an inevitable down cycle. Leadership only knows how to sell cheap Ads. SaaS sales? Not competent. Compensation plan is designed to pay as little as possible - full of "gotchas." Good people are leaving because of poor compensation. No ability to execute.

12 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 288 Reviews
</>Embed

Demandbase Reviews FAQs

Demandbase has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 300 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Demandbase to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Demandbase employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Demandbase. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

91% of Demandbase employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Demandbase 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Demandbase to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with Demandbase Job Seekers