Demandforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Demandforce

2.8

Sort:

Lead Generation Representative Interview

Interview

Basic phone interview with a recruiter then a hour long interview with three different managers. Be prepared for a cold calling exercise.

Interview Questions

• Cold Calling exercise. You are given a fabricated company and a product to sell. The manager dials a number and hands you the phone.   Answer Question

Lead Generation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I have to say that my interview with Demandforce was the worst interview experiences that I have encountered. My career goals were ridiculed, the culture was uninviting, the interviewers acted privileged and superior, and there was no level of professionalism.

On top of all of that, when I wasn't offered a position and asked why, no one provided me with any feedback whatsoever. In addition to that, I heard feedback from someone outside of the organization of what the interviewers thought of me.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Management wants to know that you're aware of the product, so do your homework and be aware of the basic idea of how Demandforce works, and it wouldn't hurt to do your homework on Intuit and Quickbooks. They want to know you're technical, but can also talk to people, be social and diffuse a situation quickly and efficiently. If you have a friendly voice, can take some heat on an angry call and have some technical skills in your back pocket, this job is right up your alley. They want to make sure that you're not just here for a paycheck, or that you're going to bounce jobs in a few months. Interviews with other reps and managers are in different rounds and you may even be in the office for two hours speaking with up to five people--for the *first* round. If you are called back for a second round, you usually meet with three to four people.

Interview Questions

• Some people like to throw you that random question that means NOTHING to the job and makes for an awkward situation, but it doesn't always happen. There's no right answer, so just try to be calm and answer simply. Also, be prepared for questions about what Demandforce is, and how it works.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was set up quickly. Had couple of phone interviews. Then they called for in-person interview. All the interviewers were very cordial and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me for a technical question about best solution approach to a problem - I was able to answer that effectively though.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

A great interview process until the very end. I visited the SF office multiple time and was very excited about the opportunity. The last interview was onsite with the executive that ran the team. He asked ONE question about 5 horse running around a track and how one would measure their performance. I really stumbled on the question and the guy was a complete jerk to me! After the recruiter called me and told me they were going to pass and that this executive and said I was past my prime and on a downward slide. Always nice being insulted after taking the time out to visit the office mulitple times... BTW what the hell does 5 horses running around a track have to do with marketing tech?

Interview Questions

• How do measure the performance of 5 horses running around a track.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Demandforce (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional and organized process!

There were multiple phone screens by the recruiter and then I answered a few written questions about my training experience. Then there was a virtual meeting with two managers, then an in-person interview where I had to deliver a training and did a brief office tour & Q/A with HR. Multiple people were flown in from SF for the interview and they were all very kind and professional, I could tell they were all really invested in DF. The recruiters and HR professionals I dealt with were all very kind and transparent about the process which I appreciated.

I was very impressed with the recruiter because she followed up after each stage of the interview process via phone calls and was clearly invested in finding the right person.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone screen questions - Walk me through your resume, Please explain the gap in your resume, In-person interview questions - How do you handle change, tell me about why you chose these specific activities for your training presentation...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I reached out to an internal recruiter on my own, from there I did two phone interviews with the recruiter before being scheduled for three (3) back to back interviews with some of the sales managers. The recruiter I dealt with was excellent - very responsive, easy to work with while still asking tough enough questions to qualify my candidacy.

I don't think I gave my best interview, but I did have some minor complaints about the 1:1 interviews. They were 20 minutes each, but all three sales managers asked the exact same questions. I was told to focus on being enthusiastic, showing my personality, etc, but all three interviewers were very business-like and with only 20 minutes, I never felt like there was an opportunity to build any rapport with them and lighten up at all. (Despite getting the clear sense that that's what they were looking for.)

My advice is to control the conversation as much as possible and probably try to ask more personal questions of your interviewers than I did.

Perception of the company overall is quite positive though. They are growing incredibly fast and the culture seems fast-paced and lively.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DemandForce? (none of the questions were particularly difficult/unexpected.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Once you send resume expect a phone call from a recruiter. She will ask qualifying questions: What motivates you, what are your goals, fears about cold calling, why you want to work here.
    If she likes you then be expected to come back for a "mixer" where you do a round robin or just 1:1 interviews with some of the AE's/Regional Managers.
    Round Robin: You will get 1:1 interviews with management from each vertical: (Dental,Salon,Chiropractic,Auto,Optometry). If they decide to bring you back, you will have 1 day to prepare for a 10 slide presentation where you present in front of 5-8 Regional Managers to see how well you sell and answer questions during a presentation.
    If they like your presentation then you will be made an offer.

Depending on the recruiter, the interview process can be organized & a positive experience.

I know quite a few people who work there and I am told it is a great place to work. Everyone loves their job. The office is spacious, the company is quickly growing and the culture is overall professional and positive.

The only disappointment I have is one of the recruiters. She is unprofessional. I do not wish to speak inappropriate about anyone personally but if you are a woman and you encounter some unprofessional acts in the beginning of your interview process then proceed with caution and maybe ask to be seen by someone else? I have worked at other Tech companies with CEO's and I know professionalism and having this recruiter at DemandForce made their company look unattractive to potential candidates who are very well qualified to do the job and would have made a huge impact at the company. Because the level of professionalism was poor with the recruiter, it sets the expectations of the company as a whole.
    When a recruiter does not treat you with courtesy and respect why would you even want to work there?

Some Advice: Do your research on the company, think about your goals & motivations and practice with someone.

Interview Questions

If you are a woman applying there, be prepared to be judged and looked at under a microscope. I was not comfortable with some of the woman here, they made rude comments when I was waiting for an interview and just did not seem inviting. The other recruiter was amazing and other AE's were great! So it just depends on who you encounter I suppose. Overall I think it's a great company and if you are experienced at sales & cold calling then go for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Final interview was cancelled 3 days prior.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if they person next to you was being paid more?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I found DemandForce's job posting for an Account Executive on Craigslist. I applied and recieved a phone call the next day from Missy, the recruiter. She was very polite and professional. It was short and sweet, about 5 minute telephone interview regarding my resume. I was scheduled for a "Hiring Party" the following week. I recieved an email regarding the details of the interview. It said to read up on the company and learn everything you could so you can be AGRESSIVE and impress the 6 managers that will be interviewing for the 6 different sales verticals. It also said the interviews will be like "speed dating" and lasting approx 10-15 mintues each.
    Make sure if you are driving you arrive at least 30min early so you can find time to park. The atmosphere was definately like a "Hiring Party" Upon exiting the elevator you are greeted by loud music, 2 beer kegs, food and soda available in the lobby for everyone. There was a sign in table where you give them your resume. There were about 50-60 other candidates at the party. The recuiters called out 6 candidates at a time to sit down with the managers. It was a great enviornment and "Frat-like" party culture. I was able to mingle and talk to other candidates and current employees. As the night went on it seems like they were rushing thru the interviews. Most of the other candidates I spoke with said they were only able to speak with 1 or 2 managers for 5 minutes each. Within those 5 minutes you definately have to be agressive and have that "Boiler Room" mentality.

Interview Questions

• "Besides for your exprience on your resume, what are you doing now to improve yourself?"   Answer Question