Demandforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter- over the phone interview. Was asked to attend a 2 hour mixer with an interview with 3 separate interviewers. Highly unorganized and expectations were not set! Recruiter sent an email that clearly states business professional, turns out the attire was actually business casual with many attendees wearing jeans as I stood out like a sore thumb in my blazer. Was not told there would be 50+ other interviewees and that the interview sessions were conducted as a group. 1 interviewer was extremely cocky with a light George W Bush handshake and cut me off before I was able to answer the question. "Speed dating" they call it. Another interviewer prefers someone who likes to be micromanaged instead of self-driven go-getters. Overall bad experience as I would have never wasted my time attending such a mixer had I known there would be 50+ others and interviews were conducted in a group speed-dating format. Demandforce likely has problems with their management team as the bulk of their questions were revolved around that aspect.

Interview Questions

• What management style suits you best?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you disagreed with your manager and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

LDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick call from the recruiter at Internet Brands. Week later in person panel, Waiting on final interview in 2 weeks. Had to make the oh so fun mock call on the spot

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed at work or in life and what did you do about it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Demandforce (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional and organized process!

There were multiple phone screens by the recruiter and then I answered a few written questions about my training experience. Then there was a virtual meeting with two managers, then an in-person interview where I had to deliver a training and did a brief office tour & Q/A with HR. Multiple people were flown in from SF for the interview and they were all very kind and professional, I could tell they were all really invested in DF. The recruiters and HR professionals I dealt with were all very kind and transparent about the process which I appreciated.

I was very impressed with the recruiter because she followed up after each stage of the interview process via phone calls and was clearly invested in finding the right person.

Interview Questions

• Initial phone screen questions - Walk me through your resume, Please explain the gap in your resume, In-person interview questions - How do you handle change, tell me about why you chose these specific activities for your training presentation...   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Phone interview which took about 30 minutes just casually talking about work experience
    Then an on site interview with several sales managers, if you make it past the managers then you go through a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?
      Name an obstacle you've overcome professionally
      What separates you from everyone else we are interviewing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I chose not to go past the phone interview, I felt the earning potentials at my current job were much higher, but this was the process as described to me by the recruiter over the phone:

They run one or two calls with an in-house recruiter then invite you in the office to speak with three or so hiring managers. You are then supposed to shadow people around, run a cold call maybe, are given presentation material to do a mock presentation in front of a couple others in a conference room and then if all is well are invited back for an offer.

My impression:
    I asked some questions that the recruiter over the phone either was unwilling or unable to answer, I wanted to know about the commission structure (whether it was caped, a percent of the sale, tiered, ect.), and how it was setup in specifics so I could gauge how much I was going to be able to make at the company should I decide to more seriously consider moving forward in the interview process and the recruiter wouldn't answer. The recruiter did tell me the average OTE of the position, but I find often that number either to be inflated or underestimated which is why I ask specifics. I didn't try to negotiate a higher salary, however the recruiter unbidden read off a script about how they couldn't move on the salary after I asked about what the earnings potential was with their commission structure. The average OTE for this position (thats what "they say" your earning potential is if you perform at the average level of the rest of the sales team) is about $75k per year which is pretty average for an entry level sales gig in San Francisco. The recruiter came off as a little stuck up and seemed inexperienced, she also wasn't really friendly over the phone and if thats the reflection of the attitude of the rest of the company even if the earning potential was much higher (which it might have been but they wouldn't tell me specifics on commissions, caps, and ect.) I probably wouldn't have wanted to work their regardless. Maybe I was asking too much to know how much I could make at their company, and maybe they don't want their competitors to know the structure after a phone call, but it was the first time someone was unwilling to answer those questions for me in an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Really basic interview initial interview questions:

Why are you interested in demandforce?

Why are you looking to leave you previous job?

Tell me about jobs X, Y, and Z on your resume?

Later:

Cold call demo

PP Presentation with material provided prior to interview

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Demandforce (El Segundo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with about 70 other candidates all vying for the same position. It was unnerving, uncomfortable as well as does not give talent the opportunity to shine in his/her best element, we all felt like cattle on our way to the slaughter farm, this is NOT The best impression to woo potential hires. Do not treat talent like a #.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job.   1 Answer
    • I was told by the recruiter that I had a job offer. He informed me that the team loved me and wanted me to start on Nov 2, I had informed him that I had two other job offers in writing and asked if this was a "for sure" offer, to which he said "yes". I informed the two other offers that I was turning them down because of the offer from Demand Force. I get a call about 3 business days later from someone in HR that there was a mistake and that there was no offer intended for me to start on the 2nd. I told her that there must of been some mistake because the recruiter said I was too start on the 2nd. She said she would have someone else call me to discuss. I received a third call from a male stating that there was indeed a mistake but after pressing on that I deserved an detailed explanation because I turned down two offers in writing all he proceeded to do was apologize for the "mishap". I am now without a job, without income and extremely left puzzled as to what happened and why I they feel I am not owed an explanation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Demandforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and spoke with recruiter for 10 minutes who asked very basic questions that showed she had not actually read my resume at all, rather than the traditional introduction of telling me about the company and who they were looking for

Interview Questions

• Why demandgen? Are you in SFO? Why would you be a good fit for this role?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Demandforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview process was unorganized. I was told to set aside 2 hours or so for a demo and a "shadow" session by several people, including managers and a recruiter.
    An onsite recruiter then advised me that it wasn't the case and had an excuse that they are in transition and the recruiting process is changing.
    Total waste of my time. No communication amongst the team.
    A lot is hinged on the demo. Past success isn't recognized.
    1 out of 3 managers I met with was so arrogant and not very welcoming. Almost a discriminatory demeanor about him. Stay away!

LDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Demandforce (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You meet with 2 people who prepared you for the interview. They told you to take notes because the sales manager will make you do a mock call. They also said to think about what motivates you in life because that will be a question asked. Then you meet with a sales manager, then a mock sales call, then director of sales

Lead Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Demandforce in June 2016.

Interview

Applied, then was first interviewed through the phone by a recruiter. The recruiter asked simple 'about me' questions. She notified me a few hours later that she was interested and wanted to schedule a second interview that had to be in person, so I was required to come into their office. About a week later, I was interviewed by two managers and then asked to do a cold call. Cold call was alright - you have to be ready and know how to ask open ended questions. Also, know the Triple A strategy.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Tell me about a time you failed and what did you do after?