Demandforce Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
John Nebergall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper Management needs better structure (in 15 reviews)

• Internet Brands is working hard to shift the teams from San Francisco to El Segundo as the labor is cheaper down there (in 12 reviews)

"Working @ DF"

I worked at Demandforce full-time

Pros

Great place to launch a sales career and learn vital communication skills that are transferrable to any company/role.

Positive energy in the office, employees are fun people that motivate each other to succeed.

Cons

not many; make sure to find ways to mix up your workflow so it doesn't become monotonous.

Advice to Management

Keep LDR's happy and motivated to succeed; they are the lifeblood of the company and the key drivers for internal growth

"Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are hardworking and enjoy a challenge, this is the place you want to work at, there is a lot of opportunity to grow and most importantly you are having fun while you make a living. The greatest thing about Demandforce is the culture which thrives of positive thinking. If you are looking to grow and perfect your skills in sales Demandforce offers great coaching.

Cons

High volume of turn over meaning new faces all the time , even though renewing the workforce is a positive thing is important to keep a solid base for good team work to grow.

"Great Company - lots of learning opportunities!"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, energetic work environment, quick promotion path opportunities

They hire employees to fit the culture - I can guarantee that if you start working here, you will find AT LEAST one person who you enjoy spending time with outside of work as well.

Cons

Sometimes they run out of plain oatmeal in the snack section :/

"Strong Sales department and culture. Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Demandforce in SF over 3 years ago as an SDR and was promoted to AE after reaching target performance metrics.
    -received outstanding sales training
    -worked with talented and motivated people/leaders who encourage you to be your best
    -met some of my best friends
    -product is not easy to sell, which forces you to become a master of your craft
    -when you put in the work, you will get rewarded. Demandforce sales reps make good money and have great work/life balance
    -great office location
    -for me personally, I was able to move into sales strategy/analytics because of my consistent work ethic and drive, which does not go unnoticed by leadership.

3 years ago I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do. I started in sales and moved to a position that has set me up for success for what I want to do in my career.

If you put in the work, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Top down management from higher ups in parent company

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the product

"DF for the win"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, management is willing to listen, heavy focus on training, fun and competitive culture

Cons

Disorganized at times with new hires, turnover of employees

Advice to Management

Keep your employees in the loop with goals of company and new improvements to the product

"Customer Support Specialist"

I have been working at Demandforce full-time

Pros

- Amazing people (Probably one of the reason that makes work bearable and hard to leave)
    - Dogs in the San Francisco Office! -- The place is so miserable at least the dogs make it better

Cons

- Super low pay
    - Does not know how to take care of their employee BECAUSE of parent company
    - Cramp space
    - No break area
    - Product keeps on breaking

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees or else they will leave.
    Fix the product -- A ticket should not be open more than 30 days but 200 days? FIX IT.

"It's going downhill from here since the Internet Brand Acquisition"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Easy going environment
    -Funny coworkers
    -Easy job to pick up, just lots of work

Cons

-Low ball pay
    -Poor management (All of the great, talented managers have left. The rest of the "managers" are simply kiss-ups to upper management but don't know what they are doing. Training is basically non-existent since previous managers have left and they will expect you to train people soon since they do not understand the position responsibilities)
    -High turnover rate with employees AND management
    -Low talent in employees due to low salary offers
    -A slow growing product with tight competition
    -No career growth

Advice to Management

Just be better at everything. Stand up to Internet Brands. Stop focusing on Sales when the rest of the company is dwindling and there's nothing left to sell.

"Where Dreams Go To Die"

Former Employee - Technical Support in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- dogs in the office

Cons

I am so glad I left Demandforce. This is where dreams go to die. This company does not take care of its employees, management sucks, pay was extremely low and there was no opportunity for growth. I worked there for a year and was one of the top performers. I was training newbies and getting paid the exact same as them. Demandforce does not value its high performers. As for its culture, the people who work there are very sleazy. A lot of colleagues sleeping around with other colleagues and even managers. Working at Demandforce is what I image being in a continuation high school with at-risk teens is like.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Technical support is just as important as all the other teams, without them, you are so screwed. Your precious sales team over-sell and when they under deliver, customers come screaming at us. Fix that.

"Great Training"

Pros

Never received training like I have here. Managers are very supportive and are always willing to help even if you are not on their team. Love the environment and the people are awesome. Just what I needed.

Cons

The floor has a weird set-up. I guess everyone says that the parent company is "cheap" but we have don't like 3 team events in the last couple months.

Advice to Management

Don't led up on the training. I'm learning a lot

"Great company to start a career in tech sales!"

Pros

A very work hard, play hard team oriented sales environment.
    Employees get super close here. It's like family!
    The office is at a great location right off Powell bart and muini station in downtown (but the company might be moving when the lease is up).
    Dog friendly!
    Great place to sink your teeth in tech sales!
    If you do well, you get to do fun dinners and team outings

Cons

The office could use some sprucing-up. Everyone works in a dimly lit open space with concrete floors and exposed ceilings. Kind of feels like working in a garage.
    The product team always is always promising cool new features and solutions to product bugs but unfortunately things are always "not working" or "work in progress"

Advice to Management

Do what you say you will do and stop letting ideas die out after a couple weeks. It seems like every month there's a "new focus" and then slowly fades away....