Desert Financial Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Desert Financial Credit Union Interview Questions

Interviews at Desert Financial Credit Union

2.7

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Interview

I didn’t actually make it to an interview. A recruiter reached out to me asking if this was a position I’d be interested in and to give her a few days/times I’d be available to talk more. I replied back letting her know that I was interested and gave her a few suggestions for my availability. I never heard back from her. Tried reaching out a couple more times and was totally ignored. If this is hire they treat candidates who they reached out to then I can’t imagine the joy they must be to work with.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to talk about the position in more detail?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

Very cold - hands off. I was given notice for a 4 day window to complete the interview via email. They used an automated one-way video interview, instead of taking the time to call me personally. The video interview disconnected more than once and I had to get help from the third party company's technical support. Then the third party company sent me an email thanking me for the interview. I never heard another word from the company. As this company holds my checking, savings and money market funds, I am appalled at the way I was treated as an applicant. Is this impersonal culture condoned? If that is the case, maybe I dodged a bullet, but would have at least appreciated a call or email letting me know I was not selected.

Interview Questions

Desert Financial Credit Union Response

Dec 4, 2019 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our interview process. The video interview is a new technology we are testing, and we appreciate you sharing the issues you have encountered so that we can improve. We apologize that you were not contacted after the video interview, and can assure you that we did not intend to leave you without any follow-up contact. If you have any further questions or feedback, please send us an email at wecare@desertfinancial.com.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2019.

Interview

Impersonal. Automatic email request for interview through a third party video interview company. Actual interview also was a one way interview, verbally responding to spoken and written questions. Once the video interview was completed nobody ever got back to me from the employer.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online, initial email contact, HR phone interview, then in-person appointment with hiring manager. Had 30 minutes with Creative Director and another 60 minutes including VP Marketing. Good Q&A, background aligned with needs, etc. Declined a few days later with one of the oddest rejection letters I have seen (i.e. pass on you but we are still looking). The job has reappeared in an anonymous listing with a completely different set of qualifications. Of all the departments expected to properly convey their needs in writing, one would expect it to be no problem for the Marketing Department. Unprofessional and a complete disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (a standard, unimaginative, and uninformative question from the 20th century)   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Fairly easy process. Step 1 was a basic Recruiter phone interview followed up with an onsite interview. Was asked basic behavioral and scenario questions directly related to the role. No technical questions.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

They will make you perform a task to get hired by either presenting, showing a portfolio, or take a test. They are not consistent with each applicant. I have seen them use different interview questions and different process on applicants after I was hired there.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

In person and phone interviews, everyone was very friendly. Went in for in person interview, then HR contacted me and then had second interview in person and then HR contacted me again and offer me the job

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, along with questions about how you have handles previous situations   2 Answers

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

They asked a series of questions off of a paper. Like 'what do you know about desert schools" "why did you apply for the position" and then scenario questions like " what would you do if a angry customer came up to you" "what would you do if you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye"

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Desert Schools? This is a really big deal breaker so make sure you have a good answer   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

The candidate selection was handled by Creative Circle. 1st I had a phone interview, which the AVP of Marketing was late to call because she forgot. Then an in person interview. That same week i received a call from the agency with a job offer. I only started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of desert schools before?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desert Financial Credit Union (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively easy. At first you do an application online. From there if you meet the qualifications that they are looking for, they will do an phone interview. Doing well from that, you will then go and do an in person interview. Once the interview process is finished, they will either contact the HR department, and say rather they want to extend the job offer to you. You are then called offered the job, if accepted you will then be placed in training classes.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry member?   1 Answer