Destination Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Reservations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Truckee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Truckee, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Completed online application, and was invited to attend an onsite job interview. After signing in I was met with Nick the hotel manager. It was a very informative interview and was informed about additional positions my skill set would be a good match for.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with employees that are content with where they are?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was light hearted, and very easy. One of the smoothest interviews Ive taken. Though I only went through one interview before being offered a position, it normally takes 2.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Mar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Del Mar, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by the hiring manager about two weeks later. I had a short phone interview with the hiring manager to confirm my qualifications and then was invited in for an interview with the heads of the department. It was a very short interview and I was told that they would contact me within a day or two to let me know whether or not I was selected for the position, but they never called me back or replied to the emails and message I sent to them. Perhaps it's just me, but I feel that if you met with someone for a face-to-face interview, the least you can do is give them the courtesy of a "thanks, but no thanks" phone call to let them know what is happening. It's extremely unprofessional and frustrating to simply ignore prospective employees.

Banquet Houseman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Before i interviewed, i spoke briefly with the general manager who helped me to discuss possible options, i then went to HR and had my first interview with the HR rep. They asked me basic questions and they then forwarded me to the department manager who asked me more in depth questions, i waited 2 weeks until i provided my references to the HR manager, i was hired a week later

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview

Met HR Manager, GM and Regional Director. Also had a 30 minute call with Corporate HR recruiter. I was a bit surprised that HR manager and corporate HR recruiter apparently hadn't talked in advance of my interview. It took a good deal of time before regional manager followed up with HR manager I was told. Apparently he had a large number of open positions.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about hotel owner (which was a private company!)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not difficult. I knew what the offer would be from HR Manager at the hotel.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume via their corporate website. Received a phone call to come in for an interview shortly thereafter. Interview was about an hour long. Spoke with both Front Office Manager and Director of Operations. I had to pass a background check (employment verification), which took about a week. Very Satisfied with this process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. Was given what I asked for.

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online job application. Contacted by hiring manager to schedule interview. Showed up early but had to wait 5 minutes past start time. Asked very vague questions and seemed disinterested.

Backwait Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

I initially contacted destination by meeting in person with the local Human Resources Administrator and submitted my resume. The company informed me that I would be required to pass a criminal background check but was not required to submit a drug test. The head of the Food and Beverage department contacted me for one interview and we discussed how I would best fit the needs of the company.

Interview Questions

• How does stress affect you?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview

I was first contacted by the clubhouse manager then was brought in for interview with him. Really basic just seeing if you are willing to learn, nice, etc. Was then brought in for training

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall the interview process was excellent. I felt everyone I met with took the time to get to know me as a person vs. my past resume. This allowed me to feel comfortable that they were investing as much into me as I was in selecting an employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth