Destination Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Destination Hotels

2.6

Sort:

Pastry Chef Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels in May 2012.

Interview

I was hired seasonal from out of state and was interviewed via Skype. I first interviewed with the executive chef and the assistant human resources director. I was asked for a second video interview and interviewed with the executive food and beverage director and the head of human resources.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question is what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much compromise, we discussed briefly how much I would be working and came to an hourly wage we could both agree on.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was light hearted, and very easy. One of the smoothest interviews Ive taken. Though I only went through one interview before being offered a position, it normally takes 2.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (San Diego, CA).

Interview

You first go through a telephone screen. Once you get past that it is a standard 1 on 1 interview with a manager. Straight forward questions were asked during the process. Availability, able to lift heavy objects, etc. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2012.

Interview

We played phone tag for MONTHS!! I didn't even get hired at the original property. However, once I was directed to the right property, it went smoothly. We had a skype interview, which was nerve-racking as usual, but was relatively easy. I was offered a job within the week and moved out 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negation process.

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the Humar Resources Director a few days later. We briefly spoke and set an interview date for the same week; I met with her and the Front Desk Manager for about 30-40 minutes. Later the same day I received a phone call with an offer to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past hospitality experience and asked what I would do in very specific senerios.   Answer Question

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume via their corporate website. Received a phone call to come in for an interview shortly thereafter. Interview was about an hour long. Spoke with both Front Office Manager and Director of Operations. I had to pass a background check (employment verification), which took about a week. Very Satisfied with this process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my leadership style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. Was given what I asked for.

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Destination Hotels in March 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online job application. Contacted by hiring manager to schedule interview. Showed up early but had to wait 5 minutes past start time. Asked very vague questions and seemed disinterested.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Destination Hotels.

Interview

I was first contacted by the clubhouse manager then was brought in for interview with him. Really basic just seeing if you are willing to learn, nice, etc. Was then brought in for training

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall the interview process was excellent. I felt everyone I met with took the time to get to know me as a person vs. my past resume. This allowed me to feel comfortable that they were investing as much into me as I was in selecting an employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunriver, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Destination Hotels (Sunriver, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Very long process that began in September and was finalized at the end of December. The process was thorough and necessary but the timeline should be reviewed. For a candidate, it is extremely difficult to function during an interview process personally and professionally.

Interview Questions

• The ability to explain core competencies in the area of social media marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

way too long - over 4 months in duration