Destination Maternity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Destination Maternity (Niagara Falls, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy, I was recruited from another retail company. The Store Manager asked what my personal availability would be and set up an interview over the phone with the District Manager that day. The questions were very limited but basically just over all sales questions like "What would you do to sell this item?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Maternity (Traverse City, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The Manager who interviewed me was dressed very sloppy and reminded me of a 'ragamuffin.' They were unprepared for the interview, having forgotten that they scheduled it. She had no idea how to discuss salary with me and offered me far below my calculated salary worth, overlooking my ten years of experience as a Store Manager. She was nice and simple to get along with, I liked her. The interview felt unprofessional and just so wrong. Manager told me that she did not care for Motherhood Maternity job ads, did not support them and she was not well informed on the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to pretend that she was a shopper with a friend, how would I greet them and sell clothing. The question felt wrong as it more was about acting then actually selling retail. I sensed that she herself, does not have the first idea how to actually sell retail and meet customer satisfaction.   1 Answer

I have over ten years experience as a Store Manager and am excellent with Supervising, Training,Customer Service, Retail Sales and Marketing. My calculated salary for experience and region should be about $31,000.00 a year however this position was part time. They offered me $9.50. The store was dirty, magazines spread out on the floor, extra clothing racks just sitting out in the middle of the floor unorganized, the Manager was dressed like a 'ragamuffin' and the store just seemed to be screaming 'Help! There's no customers coming in here anymore, because of the terrible laziness and lack of unique vision.'

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Destination Maternity.

Interview

The setting was comfortable yet professional. There's no need to get sweaty palms. Just be confident that you can do your job successfully, and be prepared to sell yourself. The leasing manager interviewed me. I had a hard copy of my resume and my references. Be sure to have REAL references, because they'll be asked in depth questions about your employment and related skills.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Destination Maternity (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a couple different departments within the company. Each interview was either with multiple different people just one on one, or I interviewed with up to 3 people at once. Everyone was friendly and professional

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate career goal?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was about three hours long with three separate interviewers which I felt was going very well. I was disappointed that HR did not respond to my follow up email/call after the interview. I know that it is not mandatory for HR to contact you afterwards, but I felt as though ignoring me was unprofessional and they should have at least let me know I was not the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked honestly what perception I had of their company.   Answer Question

Upper Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Destination Maternity.

Interview

The interview process is simple they look you up and down and if you are cute you are hired.Otherwise they ask the typical interview questions .

Interview Questions

• Seriously whats your favorite color ??? very unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple because they pay well

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Destination Maternity in June 2012.

Interview

I went through three vigorous interviews. I was flown out to Dallas, TX to meet with the Regional Manager. After successfully going through the series of interviews I was asked to come fill the hiring paperwork. My application along with the background check was already taken care of before I got to speak to the Director of Stores that came out from Newyork to interview me personally.

Interview Questions

• It was a systematic interview. It was quite lengthy but nothing out of ordinary for an experienced manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite simple. They follow their pay grits based on locations.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Destination Maternity in January 2016.

Interview

I meet with 5 people from associate buyer level to SVP of merchandising and design all within the same day. The questions were easy and everyone was super friendly. I interviewed on Wednesday and heard back that Friday.

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Destination Maternity (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I received an email about scheduling an interview, scheduled, and then went in for an interview with about four different people. When I got there, while the reception staff was fine, everything seemed a little disorganized. I sat in a half built cubical/conference room and waited quite awhile for someone to come back and find me. When this woman came to get me, I was informed none of the people who were supposed to interview me were around, they left for the day. So this woman interviewed me instead, she was very stoic and seemed incredibly confused as to why I got called for an interview. She didn't listen to anything I said to talk about what made me qualified for the position, she complacently looked at me until the interview was over and then I was sent on my way.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Destination Maternity (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Received call set up time to come in it was a great interview until I was asked "where do you want to see yourself with this company" once the interview person realize that I wanted to move up and could be potentially competition for them I did not receive a second interview or call back. Upper management---watch your current employees ---- they might be overlooking "great" applications on purpose.