Deutsche Bahn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Deutsche Bahn

2.7

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colo, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (Colo, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

Employers are not required by law to offer benefits such as health insurance coverage, pension plans, and paid vacations. These types of benefits can be quite costly for small businesses, at least at first glance, so why do employers offer them? Since payroll is already the largest line item on most employers' balance sheets, and recruiting new employees costs time and money, you want to make sure you're able to attract and retain the best talent possible. This is particularly relevant in competitive fields where workers have multiple options. Employers who can afford to offer benefits usually have a wider selection of candidates from which to choose.

But small businesses must manage expenses and cash flow wisely, so business owners must approach these considerations cautiously and prudently. After all, great benefits only go so far if the company spends more money on them than it takes in. Also, employers who offer benefits also are bound by certain laws and regulations. Regardless of whether there are violations, employers often need to pay advisers and attorneys to help them create benefit plans that comply with the law.

Below are some considerations to weigh when deciding if providing employee benefits will also benefit your business. See FindLaw's Wages and Benefits section for additional articles and resources.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn in April 2008.

Interview

The interview was fairly Basic, including the usual competency questions, such as
    Why this company?
    Why this division?
    What is your greatest achievement?
    I was a one to one interview and the whole application process contained just this one interview.
    The whole interview took about 30min and the replied after about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negations.

Inhouse Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in May 2013.

Interview

You had to apply with a CV and a cover letter. After a month I was invited to the interview. Travel expenses to the interview were reimbursed, of course I was taking the train. Unfortuntely and ironically the train was late, but the interview was relaxed about it. the interview was nothing special, just personality questions and a short market sizing. Got the response directly after the interview from my interviewer.

Consultant DB Management Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn in May 2014.

Interview

It took about three months from the initial application to the final interview. There was a behavioral based phone interview, followed by an essay about my most challenging and successful project with my previous employer (one of Big Four audit firms). Then a first face-to-face interview with a Senior Consultant and a Principal, which included a case study. The second face-to-face interview was with another Principal and an HR. Finally there was a phone interview with the HR Director, which included a case study as well. The hiring process was very long and quite unfair regarding the last phone interview (after passing face-to-face interviews). The denial was based according to my personal opinion mostly on the judgement of the HR and the final HR phone call.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very much based on the personality profile, so there were almost no general questions.   Answer Question

Planungsingenieur TGA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

Das Gespräch ist sehr gut gelaufen. An der Nächsten Woche habe ich das Vertragsangebot bekommen. Da ich ein Ausländer bin, müsste ich auf die Zustimmung des Betriebsrats warten. Nachdem das Betriebsrat meiner Einstellung zugestimmt hat, bin ich informiert: Trotzdem wird es sich nun noch anderer Monat, weil die Auflagen der EU-Antiterror-Verordnung selbst durchführen müssen und erst dann den Vertrag schreiben können.

Meine Frage ist, ist das Normal? Ich habe das Vertragsangebot seit 2 Monaten schon gekriegt, und bis jetzt kein Arbeitsvertrag!

Ich bitte um Hilfe.

Rail Operative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, contacted within a few days by main partner recruitment agency (based in Derby)
    Explained about recruitment /assessment process. Asked to prepare for assessment, principle of mechanics, health and safety, numerical assessment.
    Out of 20plus applicants I achieve the best results as the other 4 applicants that mange to pass assessment were sharing their feedback.
    Had to wait 4 hours for the interview that went OK.
    Received call after 11 days with the negative response without being able to give me a reason.
    Interview conducted by operation manager at 19.00 and he was clearly tired and not paying much attention to our interview.
    Also seemed to be very traditional as in 1970 style. With all the respect a company has to embrace the change.

Interview Questions

• Assessment mechanical, numerical, health and safety   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for an international internship through a student organization, therefore I just had one telephone interview with with my boss after a pre-selection by the student organization.
    The phone interview last 30 minutes in German with various question about my previous education, jobs, international experience and motivation.

Interview Questions

• My 5 Strengths, 3 weaknesses
      basic information about the company e.g. How many employees do the company has?
      What is my motivation? Why would I be a good choice?   Answer Question

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Nettes auf Augenhöhe geführtes Gespräch, es ging mehr darum, zu schauen, ob der Bewerber ins Team passt als die Qualifikationen. Es fand mehr ein Gespräch statt als eine Frage Antwort Interview, Dauer ca. 1 Stunde

Interview Questions

• Wo siehst du dich in einem Jahr   1 Answer

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2017.

Interview

kurz und kanpp, die üblichen Fragen wurden gestellt. Wo ich mich in den nächsten Jahre sehe? etc. ich hab bis heute kein Feedback vom Gespräch erhalten. Sollte man sich für eine Stelle bei der DB AG interessieren sollte man sich früh genug bewerben.

Lean Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deutsche Bahn (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

Lief formal unter Beteiligung von HR ab. Die üblichen HR Fragen wurden gestellt.
    Im großen und Ganzen ist bei der Bahn die Persöhnlichkeit wichtiger als die Skills. Passt man persönlich nicht in den Konzern erspart man sich mögliche Probleme später und stellt die Person erst gar nicht ein. Also locker und zu gleich ehrlich bleiben beim Vorstellungsgespräch.

Interview Questions

• Fachliche Frage zu meinem Themengebiet, welches noch unerforscht ist und eher eine Frage nach meiner Meinung/Erfahrung war   1 Answer