DiUS Computing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DiUS Computing Interview Questions

Interviews at DiUS Computing

3.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First step is a coding test. Quite basic and, intentionally, requirements / specs are very loosely defined. Focus is on TDD and how candidates deal with fuzzy requirements.

Secondly, face-2-face interview. Your code is discussed, reasoning behind choices and approaches is debated. 99% of the interview is broadly technical.

Interview Questions

• REST API: difference between PUT and POST   Answer Question
    • How would you architect a web system to maximize efficiency and performance in delivering static content   Answer Question

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DiUS Computing (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

1) Contacted the the job poster
    2) Got a brief phone call and was assigned a Code test
    3) Submitted the response to the code test and was assigned a F2F interview
    4) The F2F interview

The interview happened on a meeting room close to the office entrance. Impressive room with huge windows overseen the Melbourne CBD.

Two people currently performing a similar role set the meeting. We spoke about my background, technical details about the role demands, and the interview finished with a demonstration of consulting skills via describing a problem with the white board.

I wish some feedback was provided, but all I got was the old “we are not progressing forward with your application at this stage”

Interview Questions

• What are the drawbacks of BDD/TDD?

They also asked me to demonstrate on a white-board the answer for the following: We have a demand for a service which creates short urls we use for redirecting to websites, please propose how would you address this demand.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiUS Computing (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was the following:
    (1) I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn, who asked for my resumé.
    (2) I met the recruiter and we discussed quite a lot about DiUS Computing.
    (3) The recruiter submitted my resumé to DiUS, then I was given a code test.
    (4) I submitted the code test to DiUS for review.
    (5) I was invited for a technical interview.
    (6) I was given an offer.

Senior User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DiUS Computing (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who arranged first interview face-to face with UX Principle and Iteration Manager. Second interview with HR and finally with General Manager. The first was the most intense screener with the following two being more procedural.

Interview Questions

• • Investigative on design strategy
      • Description of problems you encountered , actions you took and results gained in research, design and testing
      • Facilitation of workshops experience demonstration
      • Design test homework   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DiUS Computing.

Interview

There was 3 rounds with two different people in each interview. The last round was with the owners. The process was very relaxed but thorough. The focus was a mix of cultural fit and how my experience would relate to the job.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DiUS Computing (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall - a shady interview process. This is from the experience from Melbourne office

Process
    1) They will ask to solve the coding problem, in my case it was retail cart application with items on discount and other rules.
    2) Couple of interviews
            - Interview on general introduction and expectations with the HR.
            - Technical interview based on the code written and discussion on the project technical aspects.

HR:
    -ves:
    1) HR don't have the basic decency to reply to your e-mails.
    2) They don't give feedbacks for the interview even after reminders through any means. Don't expect anything on this here.

Technical:
    +ves:
    1) Over-all the interview with respect to problem and technical round was good.

-ves:
    1) The coding problem is a very good problem, they will ask us to take 2 hours to complete it like they are doing some good for the candidate. One of the senior person from the interview panel were asking about why did you spend more effort to design it well. That counted it as like negative saying i should not spent time on unwanted things. Although problem says it should be extensible.
    2) A Senior person did not even understand their question and were saying comments like why did you implement it. Later I have to point them that is in the problem, this shows how much of knowledge they have on the problem.
    3) Biased towards what they think is correct. They would like the candidates to answer based on that.
    If you give contradicting opinions it is difficult to get through the interview.

Nothing hard about the interview, there was no coding problems. Just having conversation about the technical aspects of the project.

Interview Questions

• - More on project technical details
      - How would you find balance between design and customer requirement ?   Answer Question