Dominion Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dominion Enterprises Interview Questions

2.5

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of one in-person interview to meet the team along with an additional in-person interview with the VP. Beware that the company does not follow up -- after following up after my interview, I never heard from the hiring manager again. The company has a great brand but a horrible candidate experience for those seeking employment with DE. Management should already know the importance (especially being recruiters) of following up with candidates and letting them know where they stand. This was not done; very disappointing for such an established organization. Be prepared to wait!

Interview Questions

• What does my "five-year plan" consist of? What do I enjoy most about recruiting? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Dominion Enterprises Response

Nov 23, 2015 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

First, thank you for taking time to post. Second...I'm sorry we didn't get back to you. I'll look into what happened. I'd like to talk to you and invite you to connect with me to further discuss your... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2009.

Interview

They called and did not know who I was, or how they had gotten my name. Sounded like they were reading a script from a paper and then paused to take a breath and read more. Did not sound like they had my resume accessible nor did it sound like they had read anything about my background.

PHP Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Five super geeks, all men seated around a conference table awaiting my arrival. It was intimidating from the start. I was applying as a contractor, the interview scheduled by the contracting firm. With a day to prepare, I flunked the quiz on my knowledge of the company. The team wanted a coder with 3 years of very specific experience: 3 years of Apache, SQL & PHP. In my 3 years as a systems integration software engineer I had learned to code in multiple languages. However, they were not at all inclined to allow time for learning. This particular team was not flexible or open to hybrid solutions. They may have lost good talent as a result of being so rigid. They litterally scrunched up their faces when as they reached the unspoken conclusion that I was not what the were seeking. The interview should have been stopped at that point or before. Instead, one of them handed me a piece of paper with brain teaser puzzle to prolong the torment. I'd had enough. I looked at it for 15 long seconds, announced that I hated brain teasers & gave him back him his puzzle.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what we do here? This is a huge company. They do a ton of different stuff.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

What a mess. I should have expected it considering I've worked here previously. I had a member of upper management and another friend trying to get me back to Dominion. My friend gave my resume to another member of upper management. I never heard anything and accepted another job about 2 months later. My friend was determined to get me over there again before I started the new job and asked around. The actual hiring manager claimed he never got my resume from upper management. They had me fill out an application. The manager scheduled me for an interview but didn't seem rushed even though I had already accepted another offer. The interview went well and the manager mentioned how upper management had good things to say about me. I told him I was looking for a salary match if possible. He said what I asked for was out of their budget for the position (no surprise with this company) but he'd see what he could do. A week went by and I heard nothing. I then randomly bumped into the manager and started small talk but didn't bring up the job. An hour or so later, he sent me an email saying they were unable to work anything out. I asked if there was anything he could offer but they didn't even try. It was clear they were not serious about paying people anything close to an average salary for this position. You'd think all that would be sorted out when one of the people referring you is senior managment. What a waste of time. The hiring manager was very unprofessional and cowardly. He never called me once during the process. Everything was done over email. It was especially bad considering he could have just talked to me in person when I ran into him! The senior manager later asked my friend what happened and was told I started my new job. The senior manager first thought I had just turned them down but my friend had to explain to him that I wasn't even given an offer. The senior manager stood in the elevator dumbfounded. Last time I checked, the job was still open even though it's been 10 months! The process was a reminder of why I will never work at Dominion again.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

VERY LONG. It took a few months almost to get everything squared away, and they had me interview with everyone and everything. I felt like I was never going to get hired and that they were just having fun tormenting me. I even had to travel from hours away for multiple interviews..

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have pertaining to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call gathering all details and skills. The Hiring manager phone call who explained the position and what they are looking for and salary details which was negotiable to amount $X.
    Skype interview with the team and finally a exercise to check coding and design skills.

The manager was good with $X before the interview but after the completion of interview which almost took 45 days they said we could not provide $X, which was got down to $15K less than what was good initially.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

phone interview that progressed to a second phone interview that progressed to a trip from PA down, where I took several tests and security plus drug testing. it took several months to complete and get a job.

Interview Questions

• most questions were typical. a round robin with current web developers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Communicated with an internal recruiter via email and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the job description was way off. The job title and description made it sound like they wanted a backend developer but the position was really for a UI developer. I didn't find this out until the end of the interview. I of course didn't get an offer but wouldn't have accpted it if I did.

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview

Phone Interview and then a face to face, very casual. A background check is done and a drug test is required. Need to be honest on the application as the company can find almost anything.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your background and then ask for a few examples of your successes and failures.   Answer Question

Dominion Enterprises Response

Dec 28, 2015 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback!

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick, friendly, upbeat, and you can definitely tell the interviewer is feeling out your ability to hold a conversation. I was interviewed shortly after the company had just opened in Norfolk, so as the department filled, interviews got longer, training classes got larger, incentives went up, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is one time in life when you though the consequences were equal to your actions?   1 Answer