DoubleDutch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DoubleDutch Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Management of Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a DoubleDutch recruiter to set up an initial call within three days of applying online. Recruiter was very punctual (which I appreciate) calling at the scheduled time. To be honest, the recruiter wasn't the most welcoming for an initial call with a company you are considering to work for. The call lasted less than 15 minutes and one question after another was asked down the line - which felt definitely like a quick screen. I couldn't get a sense if the answers I was giving were 'good' or 'bad' - there was little feedback. The recruiter said he would be circling back by end of that week to let me know next steps but ended up getting back the following week - which left me a little underwhelmed. I guess, overall for an initial impression of DoubleDutch it wasn't very good - felt more like DMV than an innovative start-up looking to change the event software space. There was really no opportunity given to ask questions - it was more like a 'well get back to you'. Once I heard back that they were not going to move forward with me - I thanked them for the opportunity and asked if thye could answer one question for me as a follow-up and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job(s)?
      Why the interest in DoubleDutch?
      What was your salary at your last job?
      Revenue targets at your last job?
      Last time you managed?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DoubleDutch.

Interview

I was e-mailed and asked for a few days/times I would be available for a phone interview. I replied quickly with the information. About a week later, I received another e-mail asking if I could speak the next day. The person who interviewed me called late and advised that there is a 'hard stop' in 13 minutes. He was obviously in a hurry. I received an e-mail within minutes of ending the call, notifying me that I had not been selected to move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day to set something up. The recruiter told me I was going to speak with a senior sales manager and provided me her name. When I got the call on the day of my interview, it was a different person. This upset me because I did a lot of research on my propsective interviewer, but I got over it and proceeded with the interview.

To put it simply, the girl that interviewed me was the most unintelligent/ difficult to speak with individual. I am an extremely friendly person, and talking to her was like pulling teeth. It was nearly impossible to build rapport because she was such a wet blanket. She spoke poorly about the company, so not putting me through may have been her way of telling me to "run in the opposite direction." She told me that the job was a grind and all cold calling, and that a lot of the time it sucked. She explained that the people made it worth it, but I don't want a job where the only thing that keeps me coming is the people. People/ culture define a huge chunk of the experience, but I also want to enjoy what I do on a day to day.

The other thing that upset me was how broad her questions were. The first question she asked was loaded: "why doubledutch and why do you think you would be good in this position given your past experience." There was no way to not ramble when asked this question. I felt myself rambling, but also felt that I needed to answer what she asked without offending her by asking her what part of the question she wanted me to ask first.

Overall, I think this was a blessing in disguise. They told me almost immediately that I was not being asked for a second round, but gave no reason or feedback as to why.

Interview Questions

• why doubledutch? what do you know about the app? why do you think you would be good in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 2 phone calls and then a skype interview with three people. It was pretty standard questions, but you definitely need to prepare. The people over skype made you feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I cold called the sales manager. She was impressed and liked that I was the only who who called her. She's just full of life and energy and loved her attitude. I was called in for an interview the same day. They liked me so much they wanted to go to round 2. I believe there are 3 rounds. The third one is where you meet the CEO and you're offered the job.

I really loved Double Dutch and had a very positive attitude towards them despite not getting the offer. Because they took the chance on someone who has no sales experience nor degree but they saw my goal and want a go- getter type personality. They care about their team and want to grow it.

I met the director the manager and team leaders. Everyone was so awesome and just really enjoyed the whole process.

There are homework duties. First one is they'll ask how and who you will approach to sell the idea of their product to a certain scenario.

Second HW is pick a product and try to sell the idea of why it would be a good idea to a company even if they have tried the product before but failed and has no money that year left for the budget.

I really liked how it was challenging but it pushed you. They want to weed out the weak and get the best.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a SDR?   1 Answer

Senior Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a very positive experience interviewing at DoubleDutch. I applied online and was contacted within a week by a recruiter. After the initial screening I was put in touch with the hiring manager a few days later. I ultimately did not go through with the process because I received another offer but I truly felt like DD cared about making sure I had a good experience. The team was very proactive and I always knew where I was in the interview process, something a lot of companies do not do. If anyone is looking for a great opportunity I would recommend they check out DoubleDutch.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions around background, career accomplishments, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sep 3, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

Thanks so much for your fabulous review. We strive to deliver a top notch candidate experience, and it sounds like yours was nothing short of that. Your time is very much appreciated! Best of luck in... More

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a posting on LinkedIn. I received an email from an internal recruiter the next day. I set up a phone screening with a second recruiter for later that week. The recruiter was personable and informative. It was much more of an open dialog than an interview. He was straight forward and told me DD would like to move me on to the next round. We set up a "30 - 35 minute" phone interview with the manager of the position I was applying for.

The next call was a complete 180. She was cold and seemed very rushed - as if I was wasting her time. She quickly fired off generic interview questions (name two words that describe you..., name a challenge you've faced at work...). She barely gave me enough time to answer before moving on to the next question. She then told me that they still had other candidates to interview and had to go. I was never give the chance to ask questions or learn more about the position (beyond the job description or what the recruiter knew). The whole 2nd phone interview lasted a mere 11 minutes.

I never heard back from DoubleDutch again. Not even an email saying the position was filled.

Overall, I was initially excited to interview with DD, but the process proved to be very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name two words to describe yourself, Tell me about a challenge you faced at work   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter. Chatted with him on the phone about what they do and what's my experience. Pretty standard introduction phone call. Had two technical phone interviews in the same week and got invited to onsite. However, I decided not to move forward with them before the onsite interview. Overall, it's a good interview experience. The people that I've talked to are really nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• find the length of longest substring within a string that has no repeated characters   Answer Question

Sep 3, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback! Sharing your experience helps us improve, and we strive to make every interview a great one. Best of luck to you moving forward!

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewing with Doubledutch was a good process and was a great example of their modus operandi. Doubledutch took their time to make sure the role would be a good fit. I met a lot of employees from every level of the organization, all of whom were welcoming and keen to get to understand my strengths and personality. They are not afraid to suggest other roles where there may be a better fit.

Interview Questions

DoubleDutch Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

We’re thrilled to hear your experience was a positive one - on our end, it’s a joy to meet every candidate that comes through the door. You aren’t just joining a company, you’re joining a family... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Low stress, quick and painless process. Got to interview with different sets of people right from the executives to team members and people from other teams. The recruiter was helpful in clearly laying out who the interviewers were and what to expect in each interview. There were two interviewers per interview and the last stage was a skype interview with the CEO. It was clear they took efforts to make the process a good experience for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure question. Lots of culture-fit questions.   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experience at DoubleDutch. Our primary goal is to ensure that your interview process is as smooth and (hopefully!) as... More