DoubleDutch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by their recruiter. Chatted with him on the phone about what they do and what's my experience. Pretty standard introduction phone call. Had two technical phone interviews in the same week and got invited to onsite. However, I decided not to move forward with them before the onsite interview. Overall, it's a good interview experience. The people that I've talked to are really nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• find the length of longest substring within a string that has no repeated characters   Answer Question

Sep 3, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback! Sharing your experience helps us improve, and we strive to make every interview a great one. Best of luck to you moving forward!

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online after finding the job on LinkedIn and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. I prepared by contacting some current employees to ask for advice, and spent many hours researching the company. It seems fitting into the company culture here is very important to DD. I had a great phone interview and was invited for an on-site with my would-be manager and two others. Apparently when they found out I had contacted current employees that sent up a red flag. You'd think they would appreciate a sales person who prepares so diligently, but alas they canceled my interview. Seemed like a great company to work and I was extremely excited to visit their office but was left disappointed with their interviewing process. They could use a more solid infrastructure but it's a young company with room for professional development.

Interview Questions

• Nothing challenging. I spent hours preparing for nothing.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online for the position, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and only took about 30 minutes. The next step was coming into the office to interview with four or five team members. Although I was not offered the position, the interview process was painless and each interviewer was very genuine and seemed to love what they were doing.

Interview Questions

DoubleDutch Response

Sep 3, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in interviewing with us. We’re thrilled to hear that it was painless and that the team was transparent - sounds like we’re doing... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was selected for a phone interview within a week. Asked to come back for in-person interviews three times. Firstly to meet with the team over 2 hours, interviewed by 2 people at a time. Second to meet with an executive, and thirdly to meet with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 5 words/what is your biggest achievement   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be suited to this role/this company?   Answer Question
    • What is the company/team lacking and what would you do to improve it?   Answer Question
    • How have you used your technical skills in the past and why do you think they are relevant/helpful to this role?   Answer Question
    • What are your long-term career goals and what area would you like to work in at the company (assuming this role becomes obsolete over the next year)?   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

Hello there! Thanks for your input on our process. We’re beyond happy to hear your experience with us was a positive one. Welcome to the family!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was incredibly thoughtful, personable and timely. The communications throughout each step were transparent and informative. Also, each interviewer was friendly, relatable and highly intelligent. The overall process took just under a month, though throughout that time I interviewed with a wide range of folks at DoubleDutch that in turn gave me a great understanding of the culture and vision. I could not have asked for a smoother or more enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• What future successes and shortfalls do you see mobile having in the event space?   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

Your words are music to our Talent Team ears! Transparency is one of our company wide core values, and our culture is at the fore of everything we do; we’re glad you were able to get a feel for what... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DoubleDutch.

Interview

I was e-mailed and asked for a few days/times I would be available for a phone interview. I replied quickly with the information. About a week later, I received another e-mail asking if I could speak the next day. The person who interviewed me called late and advised that there is a 'hard stop' in 13 minutes. He was obviously in a hurry. I received an e-mail within minutes of ending the call, notifying me that I had not been selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DoubleDutch.

Interview

I had one onsite interview with the team, everyone ranging from Product, Engineering, to the CEO. The interview was focused on culture and the interview was more of a conversation and not a grilling session. It was the most pleasant interview I've been in so far. The people are very respectful, humble, and very bright. I've never seen such cohesiveness in the energy and culture of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, the offer was good.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Low stress, quick and painless process. Got to interview with different sets of people right from the executives to team members and people from other teams. The recruiter was helpful in clearly laying out who the interviewers were and what to expect in each interview. There were two interviewers per interview and the last stage was a skype interview with the CEO. It was clear they took efforts to make the process a good experience for candidates.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure question. Lots of culture-fit questions.   Answer Question

Jul 8, 2015 – Talent Coordinator

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to speak about your experience at DoubleDutch. Our primary goal is to ensure that your interview process is as smooth and (hopefully!) as... More

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch in October 2014.

Interview

My experience with DoubleDutch was amazing. As soon as you walk in, you feel like you belong. Everyone is genuinely nice and friendly. They really take time to get to know you and what your about because they care about the company and culture. They want to make sure that you will be happy with the work as well as the people you work with. It really is a second family.
    The interview was standard and easy.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a response from the hiring manager about a week later. She invited me for a phone screen, which was followed by three rounds of onsite interviews. It was a very enjoyable process - the hiring manager was always very responsive and prompt, and the team was great about giving me time to ask a lot of questions so that I could get a feel for the company environment. I also was interviewed by both the CEO as well as the co-founder, which was really instrumental in my ultimate decision to take the position. The questions felt pretty evenly split between case study/experience and culture/work style.