DoubleDutch Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 51 of over 51 interviews

Employee Referral14%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The initial phone call with the recruiting coordinator was great and actually made me more interested in applying with the company. The next steps were two phone interviews, both interviews went great and their excitement for doubledutch made me want to learn more. After this, I was invited to come to the doubledutch office for an in person interview. Both people I interviewed with seemed disinterested in the interview and had super low energy. The office space itself and meeting with them, definitely decreased my interest in the position -- but because of my previous experiences with them, I didn't want to dismiss them right away. I was told after I finished interviewing that I would heard back on Monday. It's been several months since that happened, and I never heard back. I even sent a nice follow up email since I was interviewing with a few other places and still didn't get a reply. I find it very disrespectful that a company that takes you through the entire interview process - cannot even bother to contact you to let you know they have chosen another candidate, etc. In the end it felt like they just wasted my time.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the process you would take in moving doubledutch to the new space.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

I was contacted by a DoubleDutch recruiter to set up an initial call within three days of applying online. Recruiter was very punctual (which I appreciate) calling at the scheduled time. To be honest, the recruiter wasn't the most welcoming for an initial call with a company you are considering to work for. The call lasted less than 15 minutes and one question after another was asked down the line - which felt definitely like a quick screen. I couldn't get a sense if the answers I was giving were 'good' or 'bad' - there was little feedback. The recruiter said he would be circling back by end of that week to let me know next steps but ended up getting back the following week - which left me a little underwhelmed. I guess, overall for an initial impression of DoubleDutch it wasn't very good - felt more like DMV than an innovative start-up looking to change the event software space. There was really no opportunity given to ask questions - it was more like a 'well get back to you'. Once I heard back that they were not going to move forward with me - I thanked them for the opportunity and asked if thye could answer one question for me as a follow-up and never heard back.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your last job(s)? Why the interest in DoubleDutch? What was your salary at your last job? Revenue targets at your last job? Last time you managed?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (Amsterdam) in May 2016

Interview

First a short conversation over my qualification. Second short interview with a different person about my motivation. A interview in Person with three different persons the last one being the head of the local HR department. Everybody in the company seemed very friendly and the overall atmosphere was nice (office dog, table tennis in the kitchen area, the girl showing me around stressed that people like to have a beer after work etc.). The people I did the interviews with were also respectful and nice. My problem started after the interview marathon. In the beginning I was told by one of the first interviewers that they will get back to me within a week or two. The head of the HR asked me when my deadline for this job is(when I would start looking for other jobs if I didn't hear back from them). I didn't quite catch on to this in the beginning when she asked me and said I would have a month or so. The next day they write me an email stating that because of some error in the system the process would maybe take a month or so instead of a week or two, and that they would get back to me. I already felt a little bad about this because I thought they were keeping me on the reserve bench so that if they don't find anybody better than me they can come back to me as option B. Well long story short after that I never heard anything from them anymore...they never got back to me. I think the way they treated me in the end was quite rude: 1) leaving me hanging for as long as possible [after already having done 5 interviews] as option B 2) don't even get back to them when they are not interested in the end

Interview Questions
  • Q: How would you respond if a costumer would tell you "I believe the future of phone operating systems lay in Blackberry OS"

DoubleDutch

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DoubleDutch

Interview

I was e-mailed and asked for a few days/times I would be available for a phone interview. I replied quickly with the information. About a week later, I received another e-mail asking if I could speak the next day. The person who interviewed me called late and advised that there is a 'hard stop' in 13 minutes. He was obviously in a hurry. I received an e-mail within minutes of ending the call, notifying me that I had not been selected to move forward.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

I applied online and heard back the next day to set something up. The recruiter told me I was going to speak with a senior sales manager and provided me her name. When I got the call on the day of my interview, it was a different person. This upset me because I did a lot of research on my propsective interviewer, but I got over it and proceeded with the interview. To put it simply, the girl that interviewed me was the most unintelligent/ difficult to speak with individual. I am an extremely friendly person, and talking to her was like pulling teeth. It was nearly impossible to build rapport because she was such a wet blanket. She spoke poorly about the company, so not putting me through may have been her way of telling me to "run in the opposite direction." She told me that the job was a grind and all cold calling, and that a lot of the time it sucked. She explained that the people made it worth it, but I don't want a job where the only thing that keeps me coming is the people. People/ culture define a huge chunk of the experience, but I also want to enjoy what I do on a day to day. The other thing that upset me was how broad her questions were. The first question she asked was loaded: "why doubledutch and why do you think you would be good in this position given your past experience." There was no way to not ramble when asked this question. I felt myself rambling, but also felt that I needed to answer what she asked without offending her by asking her what part of the question she wanted me to ask first. Overall, I think this was a blessing in disguise. They told me almost immediately that I was not being asked for a second round, but gave no reason or feedback as to why.

Interview Questions
  • why doubledutch? what do you know about the app? why do you think you would be good in this position?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

There were 2 phone calls and then a skype interview with three people. It was pretty standard questions, but you definitely need to prepare. The people over skype made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2016

Interview

I cold called the sales manager. She was impressed and liked that I was the only who who called her. She's just full of life and energy and loved her attitude. I was called in for an interview the same day. They liked me so much they wanted to go to round 2. I believe there are 3 rounds. The third one is where you meet the CEO and you're offered the job. I really loved Double Dutch and had a very positive attitude towards them despite not getting the offer. Because they took the chance on someone who has no sales experience nor degree but they saw my goal and want a go- getter type personality. They care about their team and want to grow it. I met the director the manager and team leaders. Everyone was so awesome and just really enjoyed the whole process. There are homework duties. First one is they'll ask how and who you will approach to sell the idea of their product to a certain scenario. Second HW is pick a product and try to sell the idea of why it would be a good idea to a company even if they have tried the product before but failed and has no money that year left for the budget. I really liked how it was challenging but it pushed you. They want to weed out the weak and get the best.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (Amsterdam) in Sep 2015

Interview

Phone interviews. Then in person, on- site morning of interviews. Met with 3 separate people. All three people asked the same questions. They were out of order, not on time, and interview ran an hour later than expected.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an explanation of a sample cold call.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2015

Interview

I had a very positive experience interviewing at DoubleDutch. I applied online and was contacted within a week by a recruiter. After the initial screening I was put in touch with the hiring manager a few days later. I ultimately did not go through with the process because I received another offer but I truly felt like DD cared about making sure I had a good experience. The team was very proactive and I always knew where I was in the interview process, something a lot of companies do not do. If anyone is looking for a great opportunity I would recommend they check out DoubleDutch.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions around background, career accomplishments, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DoubleDutch (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2015

Interview

I applied online through a posting on LinkedIn. I received an email from an internal recruiter the next day. I set up a phone screening with a second recruiter for later that week. The recruiter was personable and informative. It was much more of an open dialog than an interview. He was straight forward and told me DD would like to move me on to the next round. We set up a "30 - 35 minute" phone interview with the manager of the position I was applying for. The next call was a complete 180. She was cold and seemed very rushed - as if I was wasting her time. She quickly fired off generic interview questions (name two words that describe you..., name a challenge you've faced at work...). She barely gave me enough time to answer before moving on to the next question. She then told me that they still had other candidates to interview and had to go. I was never give the chance to ask questions or learn more about the position (beyond the job description or what the recruiter knew). The whole 2nd phone interview lasted a mere 11 minutes. I never heard back from DoubleDutch again. Not even an email saying the position was filled. Overall, I was initially excited to interview with DD, but the process proved to be very disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • Name two words to describe yourself, Tell me about a challenge you faced at work
3 people found this interview helpful