Doubletree By Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Santa Rosa, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First I emailed my resume and received a prescreening interview from the HR department . She went over my current position and asked me why I wanted to work in the hospitality industry and what type of experience I had . The HR rep thought I would be a good match for several departments and asked if she could share my resume with marketing and sales as well as the catering department. I agreed and then she said if they were interested I would get a call .
    About 3 days later I got a call from the catering manager she asked me a few similar questions ,
     I was then invited in for an interview where I expected to meet the HR representative and her , The day of the interview I arrived early and waited in the lobby however they also included a third employee director of sales present and said there may be more than one opening so they both wanted to meet me. The interview went well and it was conducted out on the hotel floor lobby in a guest meeting area not in the back of the house or a traditional office .

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about dogs in the workplace and do you like them as we do have a dog that is present daily ?   Answer Question
    • have you ever been a guest of the hotel or attended an event here?   Answer Question
    • Do you live in Sonoma County and how long does it take you to get to work ?   Answer Question
    • Are you typically on time ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton in March 2017.

Interview

I Had an interview with the director of Human Resources & the operations manager. After the initial interview, I met with the General manager for another interview. Then I met with the Human Resources coordinator to fill out paperwork for a background check. After the background check was completed and they contacted my 3 references I was hired.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Lanham, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

At first it was difficult to get an interview. I did not realize that the management was very poor. After the food and beverage manager was released it was easier to get an interview. As the second go round I was recommended by someone that works in the management office. After seeing bad work practices I knew this was not a good place to work. The location is Lanham on Basil Ct.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton.

Interview

Was simple and pleasant. The interview was over the phone and consisted of describing the company and what they were looking for in an intern. Was a great offer, but I changed career paths.

Director of Sales Interview

Interview

Apply online, long test online and passed, stock email from them to go to next step, I was sent an online video record an interview where the questions are displayed and you hit go and you have 3 minutes to answer the questions via video. There are no pause buttons or redo, like a real interview except you are interacting with a machine and this is awkward. In the world of sales, it's about people and relationships. It is also unprofessional for such a position one is applying for as in an Executive level position, to never have a follow up. I am highly qualified and was never provided an opportunity to speak to a real person. Very sad

Interview Questions

• The video record type questions were standard type questions, describe a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was good they got right to the point but since they had my resume they didnt ask much, they saw me to young and thought that i didnt have much to offer when they first saw me

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come back to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Very nice and direct manager. Explained his background and why he choose Hilton. Talked about how he likes his team to operate. Because of his own passion for the company and details of what it's like to work there, I was more excited to be given the opportunity to join Hilton.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Burlingame, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a little over a week later asking to come in for an interview. The job was for a telephone operator/front desk agent. Interview was simple, basic questions about my work experience and how I would deal with certain customers. She then asked me if I wanted to stay to do another interview with the front desk manager. Asked the same questions regarding helping customers and work experience. I thought the interview went really job, I've been on plenty of interviews where I am no longer nervous about the questions they may ask because it's basically the same questions. He then told me they are still doing interviews and would let me know. I then knew that I didn't get the job, if they like you they will hire you right there on the spot. To know surprise I got a phone call two weeks later saying thanks but no thanks and if I wanted to apply for housekeeping work, or dish washer I could. After four years of doing customer service work umm, no thank you.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and the director after. It was very positive. The manager and director were professional and the staff was very nice. I am waiting for my background and I will be all good to go. I will definitely recommend people to work in this positive environment.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

A relaxed interview and informal questions were asked on both sides.
    I do feel a phone call/ email should be sent out regardless of the decision.
    The interviewer was very nice but maybe misleading a bit.

Interview Questions

• Talk of experience, etc.
      Discussion of hotel policies.
      Low pay and how the company forces this to low level people.   Answer Question