Douglas Elliman Real Estate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.4

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• tell me what did you do in your former company, tell me what you can do. we have such a big project, what can you do to help us about it? are you willing to work here? let me introduce your supervisor and colleger to you.   1 Answer

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (South Florida, FL).

Interview

Will ask for sales in the past 12 months. There is a minimum sales requirement of $2 million in South Florida. Interview is a little more demanding than most real estate offices; ie, they don't hire everyone and normally don't hire new agents unless you have good contacts or proven sales abilities. The company is very professional. Men- wear a suit! Ladies- wear a suit or suit dress. Dont dress like you're going to a club.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The commission structure will be based on past sales but it is negotiable if you provide good reasoning.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a great and smooth process. The callback is very fast. The interviewer introduced the company and stated my terms of working. While looking through the portfolio, we had a lovely conversation about the real-estate market. I was offered to work the next day.

Senior Designer/Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was called for an in office interview in NYC. The company was moving between floors and busy so their was some known chaos, but that being said... I arrived 15 minutes early and called my contact as instructed.
    Two minutes into the interview, my interviewer was called away into a meeting and shuffled me to a coworker who was neither prepared to interview nor seemed to have a clue on what role I was interviewing for. She was extremely dismissive and after rushing me through the interview, which lasted only 10 minutes, claimed she had a hard stop and that next time I should show up on time. It was then discovered that this place is such a mess they had confused my interview with another candidate for a different role that I assume was a no show? Even after they clarified the error on their end, there was no apology or rescheduled interview. It was such a disappointment and waste of my time.
    Douglas Elliman considers themselves to be in the luxury market, yet doesn't seem to have the basic understandings on ways to treat potential employees or how to build on their reputation as a luxury brand. In the end, I was glad they had made the mistake and showed their true colors, preventing me from a deeper investment and waste of time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were really off putting. I mentioned above they seemed to be unprepared. While looking at examples of my work on my portfolio website, I was asked questions such as, "Do you know Adobe Illustrator?" - "have you done production work?" - "Can you design bags?"....   1 Answer

New Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY).

Interview

THIS IS NOT A BROKER position. Straight forward interview consisting of three top mgmt. First interview is getting to know you. Second and third, consisted of your familiarity with Real Estate including technical questions.
    Was asked to price a new development in LES etc - potential clients - also a mock pitch for sales ( not part of job duty but was asked to do this)

Interview Questions

• Price an apartment and new development using given information   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. They contacted me and went through all the details and they were my liaison with the company. I sent them my information for payroll and everything was done promptly.

Doorman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview was very brief only took a few minutes. Basically as long as you were available you would get the job. They needed summer guys really badly and hired people who had the most availablility and dependability

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple and we got to know each other. We spoke a lot about why I felt as though I should enter the field. I did this through a recruiter and then had the in person interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They hire for fit. Real Estate is all about the personality and commitment of the individual. Employees pick up necessary skills along the way. Personal commitment is main factor of success.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Having known someone going into the firm, I interviewed with the office manager, and another senior broker. They were eager to hear about my passion in real estate, work experience that would make me valuable, and what I wanted to learn from working with them. After getting through with them, I moved on to working with a team. The team interview was a lot more relaxed. They were only there to hear what I wanted from them, and to see if we would mesh as a group.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to achieve while working as a real estate agent?   1 Answer