Douglas Elliman Real Estate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2018

2.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The process was pretty predictable. Conference room setting. Around five to six questions were asked. All straight forward, you can prepare by going over your resume and job experiences. Relaxed setting all around, nothing crazy.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a two week process. In the interview itself I was asked mostly behavioral interview question, some basic market questions, and some questions about the team's previous deals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences. What do you think is going to survive in the retail market today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They hire for fit. Real Estate is all about the personality and commitment of the individual. Employees pick up necessary skills along the way. Personal commitment is main factor of success.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a great and smooth process. The callback is very fast. The interviewer introduced the company and stated my terms of working. While looking through the portfolio, we had a lovely conversation about the real-estate market. I was offered to work the next day.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. They contacted me and went through all the details and they were my liaison with the company. I sent them my information for payroll and everything was done promptly.

Licensed Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY).

Interview

Elliman's recruiter was pursuing me for a while and I met with a manager who was a little arrogant while trying to come off as self-assured. But still the company was interesting, and coming from a much smaller firm, I enjoyed the corporate setting and the interview process. At the same time of course it was a little intimidating, which I'm not sure was the intention, but that's how I felt.

Interview Questions

• Why have you decided against taking a position with (a high-payout brokerage in Manhattan)?   Answer Question

Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Very professional atmosphere and friendly management who did the interview. I was asked about my prior experience, skill set and how would I benefit a company if added to the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company?   1 Answer

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• tell me what did you do in your former company, tell me what you can do. we have such a big project, what can you do to help us about it? are you willing to work here? let me introduce your supervisor and colleger to you.   1 Answer

Residential Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (Greenwich, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with office manager, both informal and formal, to see if my personality was a fit for the company and industry. It was also for him to gauge my motivation level since the position was best suited for self starters. It was more of a "getting-to-know-you" than fact-finding process.

Doorman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas Elliman Real Estate (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

the interview was very brief only took a few minutes. Basically as long as you were available you would get the job. They needed summer guys really badly and hired people who had the most availablility and dependability