Dovel Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dovel Technologies

2.4

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (McLean, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

- Was contacted by a recruiter a day after I applied; we talked about my experience and personal projects. She set up an in person interview, had me fill out an application, and gave me a study guide including Java EE concepts like Hibernate, Servlets, Spring, and JSF.

- Arrived for 1 hour in person interview and was asked a quick whiteboard question along with knowledge questions about Java EE concepts on my resume; make sure you know what's on your resume on a deep level.

Interview Questions

• - Write code to reverse a linked list
      - What happens when you enter a url and press enter
      - What role do validators play in JSF's request response cycle
      - What's the difference between a Set and a List
      - What's the difference between lazy loading and eager loading in Hibernate
      - One-to-one vs One-to-many vs Many-to-many relationships
      - Tell me about what the web service you've implemented (what did you use as you endpoint interface)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

it was phone screen and then in person. They took long time to give feedback. You have to be more prepared to describe all the technologies you have mentioned in the resume

Interview Questions

• They asked all about pervious project, like what kind of technology did you use, why did you use, where did you use and how did you use.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Test Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies.

Interview

The interview process with Dovel was very professional and there was a lot of quality communication. The interview team was able to answer all my questions and was knowledgable about The company and the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream position, what role do you see yourself striving towards?   Answer Question

Anon Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies.

Interview

Contacted by a company recruiter after applying online. Was scheduled for an in-person group interview the same week and had an offer the next day.

General skills and background questions. They explained the position more, asked about travel availability. Lasted about an hour. Background check required to work for government contractor, but that wasn't done until after I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiations went fairly quickly. As usual we both compromised.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (Rockville, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Rotating through groups of people that walk in and out of the room. The candidate was asked to present an architectural challenge they had encountered and what solution they came up with. Thereafter small teams from different operational areas interviewed the candidate in fairly strict time slots.

Interview Questions

• The technical architects asked me nothing that could probe my depth of experience or capacity to run with something new. There were a few basic questions about exposure to technical areas that were very general in nature and did nothing to distinguish one candidate from another. Answers to these can be prepped up in a couple of hours of reading. To top that they seemed quaintly withdrawn, as if they were reluctant participants.

The top guy, Mr. Dovel i believe, has this firm belief that he has an infallible grasp on human psychology but did not have the professional acumen to follow up with his parting words ... "we will get back to you". Little wonder the rest of his entourage came across in the same light and barely midway through the interview I knew I wont' be accepting a position here. Just as well they didn't offer one. Innovation and outside the box thinking certainly couldn't be the norm here.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (McLean, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Smooth, easy to execute. Very welcoming team. Overall there was a relaxed vibe and the team was careful to take the time to explain the environment and work expectations.

Interview Questions

• What motivates me both personally and professionally.   1 Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was approached by the recruiter in July end. She conducted a phone interview and then asked me to come in for a f2f with two team members. After that, they kept stalling for 2 weeks and then asked me to come in again for another f2f interview. Then they asked me to do a phone interview with the VP...from all my interviews it seemed like they really liked me. The recruiter took weeks to respond back. I had to pester her to give me a clear response. Finally in September, she asked me to do one more phone interview. Post the interview they told me (1 week later) that I got the job, I made a counter offer and waited for their response for 2 weeks. Again, I emailed them/called them and the recruiter said, 'the team decided not to move forward with this position, it's closed'. The whole process took more than 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Come up with real life scenarios working with a difficult client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (Rockville, MD) in April 2019.

Interview

My experience at Dovel Technologies was quite disappointing. The date and time of interview had been set a week before, but two of the three interviewers were still unavailable for the interview. One of them was available on the phone at the time of the interview, but she did want us to note that she was occupied with other stuff she had to do; so she was not able to keep up with the conversation. Moreover, the one interviewer who was physically and mentally present seemed highly unprofessional; in the first 5 minutes of meeting her, she told me how her day wasn’t going well and seemed annoyed that Dovel Technologies is operating in an unstructured manner. During the interview, she wasn’t sure of what to ask me; seeming like she was either not prepared to take the interview or was not interested in taking the interview because she had other last minute assignments to finish that day. And in the end she gave me the impression that she did not even have the authority to make a decision on who to hire, so I felt like I wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt like your team is not working to support you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Standard interview process
    1. Phone call about your background experience
    2. In-person interview with 2 random Managers/Directors

Honestly, the likelihood of getting the job depends on who you know inside the company.
    Take it from me.
    I used to work at Dovel.
    Most of my colleagues who worked alongside me got the job through an employee referral.

As long as you know someone inside the company and he/she can vouch for you, then you're basically 85% there in getting the job.

*Also, be warned. This is not an actual BA job. It's really a JIRA customer support job.
    Most of the day, you will be appeasing partners (federal agencies) and calming them down b/c they are unhappy with the product/service.
    You will create JIRA tickets and basically assign work to developers.
    You don't need spreadsheet skills at all as spreadsheets are just used for mostly data-entry purposes: writing down entries from meetings, editing entries from data exports, and updating schedules for upcoming events.

To summarize, you need 3 ingredients to get this job
    1. An internal connection
    2. Have some customer-service, face-to-face background experience
    3. Be okay with the fact that this isn't an actual BA job, but more so, Tech-support job

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with grants or a government entity before?
      How would you approach a customer who isn't happy with the service?
      Are you able to adapt to constant change? (You'll see quickly why they ask. Management is changing all the time. Be ready to drop and repeat processes)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dovel Technologies (Rockville, MD) in September 2018.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a phone screen followed by in office interview by the hiring manager. (Note - my parking fee was even reimbursed). I was treated very professionally by the office receptionist who then contacted the hiring manager.