Dow Business Services Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dow

1 Interview Review

Business Services Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow (Columbus, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Started process at Campus Career Fair where a few basic questions about the roles they were looking to fill where answered. Provided my resume, setup an on site interview for the next day.

The interview process was basic entry level, undergraduate interview for a large company (in my experience) - behavioral based questions, talking through work experiences, involvement, etc with a chance for questions from the interviewee towards the end. What I liked most was the dialogue after the necessary interview process - it was very informal, very easy to carry a conversation and the main reason I ultimately decided to take the job. The culture I picked up on during that portion of the interview was indicative of the culture at Dow so ultimately one of the most transparent/honest interviews I have had for that reason.

Interview Questions

• The format of the on site interviews for the most part is the same- as long as you are prepared with your stories of past experiences and how you handled the situations you will be fine.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate starting salary but hiring manager was recruting for a pool of rotational candidates with a set salary expectation based on degree (engineering, IT, Supply Chain, etc). Vacation days are average for industry but Dow culture (depends on manager of course) is very family oriented so 9/80's, working virtual, and general schedule flexibilty help compensate for younger people's fewer vacation days (did not get additional vacation days either btw...)