DreamBox Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Bellevue, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a friendly, knowledgable recruiter. They invited me in for a face-to-face interview, and the manager who interviewed me was passionate about the team, product, and was extremely technically competent. There were a couple light technical white-board questions, and a take-home coding question that was somewhat meaty and just a ton of fun. They then invited me in for more on-site technical interviews, which probed into my solution for the take home coding question, as well as more white-board coding. Overall, pretty standard technical interview loop stuff. The people I met with were all extremely technically competent, and very easy to connect with and talk to. Simply fantastic group of people, honestly. I was really impressed with how quickly and efficiently the process was run. Front to back, the whole thing was less than 3 weeks, and I had an offer the morning after my on-site interview. And this was over spring break with some key people out. They take hiring very seriously at DreamBox.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding questions, data structures, algorithms.   1 Answer

Vice President, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was arranged as a Phone Screen with HR and marketing- two people on the other line. Their questions didn't seem very deep, and the conversation was very good, but clearly they were looking for something specific, but unarticulated. Would not give any post interview feedback.

Interview Questions

• What my experience in Software as Service marketing was.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR--only strange part there was the person was explicit in pointing out they do not pay well and gave a number that was almost half of what other companies in the area pay for a role like this. That went well and they set up a phone interview with a manager (who is not based in the home office). Lengthy phone interview with that person. Fairly typical phone interview, with the interviewer highly engaged and all seeming to go well. As for any interview, I put in serious prep and research. Many hours of work. Interviewer ended interview in typical fashion, noting they'd contact me for next steps. But, never heard back even after two email queries.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate a strategy you have articulated?   Answer Question

General & Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Bellevue, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I received a call with hours of submitting my resume and after an initial phone screen I was asked if I could come in that afternoon. I was able to make that happen and after the in person was told by the hiring manager they wanted me back to meet the team. A week went by without a word when HR called because they hadn't heard back from the email they sent--to my misspelled (very common) name. They implored me to come in that day and I was able too. I clicked with the team and was told they'd be back to me in a few days. Two weeks later I received a Dear Candidate letter. They didn't even use my name. After 3 interviews, 2 of which were scheduled last minute to their preference, I couldn't even get an email with my name?

A month or so later my child came home with a dreambox login so she could do lessons at her level. I was unimpressed with the program and the customer service never called back when I left several messages for assistance. My child is now using a different math program and I'm happily employed elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Deambox?   1 Answer

BEQE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen - HR Person at DBL responded very quickly to my initial application to set up a phone screen. Once that concluded successfully...
    2. Phone interview by QA Manager - this was scheduled a few days after the phone screen

Received a rejection letter 2 days after the phone interview. I was ill-prepared. The 2 people I interacted with were very speedy and helpful.

Client Sucess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. They are looking for Quality not Quantity. They want to know want to make this a career not a job. Also they look for those type of individuals who are willing to work as a team but also work on your own. Be able to answer the phone and deal with individuals who are stressed.

Client Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamBox Learning (Bellevue, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview to start, went great.
    followed up with in-person interview with a sales team member and client care team member, great discussions about the real day to day stuff.
    then jumped over to the Dev Team Lead to brainstorm how to approach the challenges currently facing Dev, Client Care and sales. great convo to dig into the actual details of the company.
    concluded that day with an in-person interview with the director for that department to debrief and cover any other questions we missed. great time.