DreamBox Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jessie Woolley-Wilson

"Great product, struggling management"

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What has to be the most game changing component to come to market for math education is hands down the best thing going on here. The creativity of development is amazing.

Cons

Management is often mislead and doesn't provide adequate opportunity for career growth, a mid stage startup has it's growing pains, but most companies have their own issues

Advice to Management

Provide room for growth, invest in your talent.

"Not for talented female employees"

Former Employee - Director, Account Management in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Director, Account Management in Seattle, WA

I worked at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, great employees, great mission especially if you love education and children. Reasonable work hours and reasonable pay for the work.

Cons

Dysfunctional leadership, constant micromanaging from CEO who has her "pet" male go-to's, constant churn through talented female employees and talented employees leave while bad employees stay.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers in both offices (excluding management).

Cons

As shared by a previous poster, the CEO and all of her team are micro-managers and have no clue as to how to treat human beings nor how to run a business. Strong workers are leaving the company on a weekly basis and no one seems to care. Train wreck.

Advice to Management

It's time to shake up the leadership team if this company really wants to be successful.

"Client Success"

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time

Pros

Everyone is friendly and loves working with the teachers, admins and students on occasion. The program really helps students and its always great to hear the success stories and know that what you do daily has a direct positive impact on a students life and learning.

Cons

This team needs better management. The moto seems to be "we are all adults" which is true and would be a great design if our entire team was made of self starters but its not and its unclear why this kind of expectation would be set for a team that is so big and split between coasts. Our management's "hands off style" is creating more confusion then there should be for a job that really isn't too complicated. Attendance and being on time is an issue for more then half of the team and it impacts the other members because they have to pick up the slack. There dont seem to be any consequences for poor preformers on this team mangers included. This has been mentioned to management and nothing seems to have changed with this. Managment also seems to be lacking in knowledge of the systems that their department uses and it makes it hard to go to them with questions knowing that you will only be redirected to another member on your team for an answer that management should seemingly know. The handful of team members that do have knowledge are given more tasks and projects rather than bringing the other team members who need heavy training up to speed. Its discouraging to see them carrying the weight of CS when they shouldnt have to. I'm hoping that this will change because I like it here and want to stay. This team could be greater then what it is if we can get these things fixed.

Advice to Management

Its ok to not be hands off with those that need it and for those who aren't self starters. Get in the trenches with your team; take some calls and learn the system so your team can come to you with questions. Clean house for those who aren't preforming on a level they should be rather then carrying the dead weight.

"Client Success Advocate"

Former Employee - Client Success Advocate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Client Success Advocate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at DreamBox Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fun people and amazing product. If you want to be a part of a great project such as helping children learn math while enjoying your job then this is the place to be.

Cons

It's still a growing company and there are certain procedures that are still being established but it is getting better.

7. "Sales"

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome product for all kids.

Cons

Product is in a market niche.

"Great Company, room for growth"

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers and leadership are highly engaged, intelligent and passionate. The culture is fun and generally collaborative. Overall a great place to be. Interview process was straight forward and transparent.

Cons

Onboarding process is a bit chaotic, and some training gaps due to transitional factors. Growing pains are evident given all the great company growth, which should improve over time.

Advice to Management

Develop some better processes around onboarding and training to ensure employees feel empowered. Some internal communication channels could be more open, but overall great transparency and collaboration.

Dec 5, 2016 – HR Specialist

We are glad to hear that your interview process was simple and sweet, but are sorry to hear that the onboarding wasn’t ideal for you. We agree that this is an area that needs work and we are ... More

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Production in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Production in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good morale and flexible hours. Focus on education and learning. The people are dynamic and intelligent.

Cons

Learning how to make the transition from a startup to a larger company.

Dec 5, 2016 – HR Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback. Providing flexibility to our partners and enhancing morale is very important to us. It is great people like you that make this company run. As we are growing we ... More

"Solid Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really enjoy the people I work with and the office culture. At the end of the day it's meaningful work that can have a huge impact on millions of students worldwide.

Cons

Entire departments can get overlooked depending on company priorities and business needs. Have abruptly shifted directions/priorities multiple times and some teams are lacking resources.

Advice to Management

Would like to see improvements in foresight and the ability to stick to a plan. It's hard to develop an efficient workflow when teams and processes change every 6 months.

Sep 9, 2016 – SVP Client Engagement & Success

Thank you for your feedback. Talented teams are a cornerstone to growth and working with amazing like-minded people is one of the many great aspects of DreamBox. A desire to be responsive to the ... More

11. "great company"

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DreamBox Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- fun office vibe
    - startup feel
    - fun people to work with

Cons

- growing company normal stuff: can be vague with vision of where the company is going, what we are heading towards
    - not enough physical space, literally needed a bigger office space

Advice to Management

keep being transparent to the teams, they value that.

Sep 9, 2016 – SVP Client Engagement & Success

We’re so are glad that you enjoyed your work with us and the teams you worked with at DreamBox....and agree that we were outgrowing our office. Fortunately, we have moved to a new office space with ... More