EBSCO Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EBSCO Industries Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

Senior Leadership Role Interview

Interview

Ebsco's recruiter found me on Linked In for a very senior position and invited me to interview, apply and provide a lot of information about my background. She related that I was a solid candidate and that she would let me know in "about a week" if I was to meet with the EVP for an interview. I thanked her - and related that I would appreciate any timely follow up since I was recently burned by a few recruiters who never provided any feedback or status updates - they just blew me off after interviewing. The recruiter related that this was a bad practice and that she would take care not to forget me.
    I followed up a week later - and she responded that she has not had any feedback but would let me know ASAP.
    About two months go by without any feedback - so I reach out. The recruiter apologized for not following up - it turns out the position went on hold and then was changed to a much lower level position.
    This is bad form on a few levels. One - Ebsco should figure out what they want before they turn their recruiters on to start getting candidates all worked up and active - thinking they have a shot at a good job. Two - when you make a commitment to someone who has spent the time to prepare for a solid interview, meet with you and then follow up with more work - you should at least respect them as a human being and respond in a timely manner.
    This experience has burned me on this company. Good luck finding solid candidates in that cultural/intellectual mecca of Birmingham Alabama.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Ipswich, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very smooth. The Talent acquisition team reached out via LinkedIn, an initial phone screen with the Hiring Manager leading to In-person interview the following week. The office and staff were very pleasant, and I felt it a place to work next instantly. The atmosphere was lively. Had 3 rounds of interview. First round with the reporting manager, and a technical round with a Senior Developer followed by discussions with other onsite delivery team. It was very interactive, and they check on your experiences and your opinion on a given problem statement. Technical side questions weren't difficult.
    It was my first interview in 2.5 years and I'm glad I was able to position my career with a good company

Interview Questions

• Java, SQL, Selenium, Situational questions   1 Answer

Typist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries.

Interview

Quick interview with the office manager followed by an interview with the typist management. Everyone is very laid back and easy going. Questions were not difficult. If you do no pass the typing test, you do not get to interview with typist management.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries in September 2016.

Interview

They walked me through the factory asked what my skills were and asked what position I was interested in. Then they offered me a full time job. They described to me what the position would entail as well as what hours I would be working.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and it seemed like they try to set you up for failure. Trial by fire at least if you don't have the answer they guide you to see how much you know

Online Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter to set up an interview. That was a four-day process. Met with the Director of Marketing and the Manager of online marketing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were challenged and managed to do an amazing job?

Tell me about your professional journey.   Answer Question

Lean Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Ipswich, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was standard. First, I had a phone screen with HR, then an interview with my manager, then an interview with the team. The process started out a big strange as I did the phone screen twice with the same HR person.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter, who provided logistics for interview. Panel style interview with six respective managers. The interview lasted about half and hour and I got immediate feedback from my future direct report. The interview questions were not of your typical "tell me about yourself" variety, instead they focused heavily on experience and expectations. Ladies, wear flat shoes! Very picturesque yet rocky campus.

Interview Questions

• "I like giving newbies a lot of work at first to see how they'll handle it. How comfortable are you with that?"   Answer Question

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I went through 2 interview rounds. The first was with the manager and the team I'd be working with. The 2nd was with the manager, the VP of the department, and workers from other departments that I'd be working with.
    In both interviews the panels' questions were very pointed. They knew exactly what they were looking for. But at the same time, they were very approachable and social. They made it clear that work culture was very important to them. They look for not only top talent, but people who enjoy what they do and work well with others.

Interview Questions

• Your resume says you have experience using __. Walk us through the role you had in using __, and the results you achieved using it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries.

Interview

Interview Panel (~1 hour):
    * questioning about previous experience
    * round-robin technical questions with developers from different teams (OOP, database design, design patterns, C#)
    * work a problem on the white board
    * chance to ask questions to panel members

2x Manager Interviews (~30 min each):
    * information about the company
    * questions about previous work experience
    * questions about interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Why do you think C# limits the programmer to single inheritance? What are the benefits? How do you get around it?   Answer Question