EBSCO Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EBSCO Industries

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Ipswich, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very smooth. The Talent acquisition team reached out via LinkedIn, an initial phone screen with the Hiring Manager leading to In-person interview the following week. The office and staff were very pleasant, and I felt it a place to work next instantly. The atmosphere was lively. Had 3 rounds of interview. First round with the reporting manager, and a technical round with a Senior Developer followed by discussions with other onsite delivery team. It was very interactive, and they check on your experiences and your opinion on a given problem statement. Technical side questions weren't difficult.
    It was my first interview in 2.5 years and I'm glad I was able to position my career with a good company

Interview Questions

• Java, SQL, Selenium, Situational questions   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

At the time of writing this review, I have only been to 1 leg of the interview process. So far I can only say good things about Ebsco, the campus, and the people I met there. The interview was a breeze because the recruiters were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

EBSCO Industries Response

May 8, 2018 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for providing input about your interview experience.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Recruiter contacts me through LinkedIn. We exchange a few messages and then have a phone call. Everything recruiter says sounds good and seems like I'm hitting all the marks to be a great candidate.

I dust off, update and send in my resume.

Two weeks later I get an "Don't worry, keeping you in the loop" email and then...nothing.

It's my third time interviewing with Ebsco (and second time where a recruiter has reached out to me).

I don't know where the breakdown is in the interview process but I feel pretty confident we are not a good fit for each other.

Interview Questions

EBSCO Industries Response

May 8, 2018 – EBSCO Industries

Your input has been provided to our HR team in order to help us improve our recruitment process. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience, and I'm sorry it wasn't a good... More

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online through a job board and the career section of the website. I received a call from the HR department which turned into a phone interview. I was contacted a week later by the same HR rep to set up an in-person interview. I had to interview at the headquarters first with the HR rep and then I drove to the subsidiary where I'd be working to interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was nice and the interview went very well. Questions asked were about me as a candidate, my working style, my experience and what I'd be doing in the role I'd applied for. It was a one-on-one, conversational interview. Nothing like the STAR hiring process or typical interview behavior questions. We took turns asking questions and answering each other's questions. The hiring manager mentioned some of the benefits offered, to my surprise, which was reassuring about where I stood in the hiring process. I received a call a week later with good and bad news. Goods news, I was told I was selected for the position and the hiring manager wanted to bring me on board. Bad news, the position changed from full-time to contract for mysterious reasons that may have been explained months later (dealing with the future of the company as a whole). I accepted the role and was hired on a contract basis. I didn't like that aspect of the offer and I did feel slightly cheated, to be honest. The overall interview was mutually agreeable.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries.

Interview

Great Interview Process. Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. I completed one phone interview with HR rep, one in-person interview with HR rep, and one panel interview with Security/IT Team. By far the most pleasant interview process I have ever had. No nonsense. Total process took about 2 weeks from the time the recruiter reached out.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your ability to learn and your drive to succeed.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries in February 2013.

Interview

Very laid back, not your typical interview questions. Discussed the company and where it was headed and what the job entailed. Very relaxed and comfortable interview . Would recommend this company

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Waukegan, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

One and done, I interviewed directly with the Supervisor for the position. The interview was conversational and comfortable. I would have liked to meet more of the Team, though the branch is relatively small. I was given an offer by phone about a week later. After passing the background check and receiving and signing an offer letter, everything was official.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries.

Interview

Interview Panel (~1 hour):
    * questioning about previous experience
    * round-robin technical questions with developers from different teams (OOP, database design, design patterns, C#)
    * work a problem on the white board
    * chance to ask questions to panel members

2x Manager Interviews (~30 min each):
    * information about the company
    * questions about previous work experience
    * questions about interpersonal skills

Interview Questions

• Why do you think C# limits the programmer to single inheritance? What are the benefits? How do you get around it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and it seemed like they try to set you up for failure. Trial by fire at least if you don't have the answer they guide you to see how much you know

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EBSCO Industries (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter, who provided logistics for interview. Panel style interview with six respective managers. The interview lasted about half and hour and I got immediate feedback from my future direct report. The interview questions were not of your typical "tell me about yourself" variety, instead they focused heavily on experience and expectations. Ladies, wear flat shoes! Very picturesque yet rocky campus.

Interview Questions

• "I like giving newbies a lot of work at first to see how they'll handle it. How comfortable are you with that?"   Answer Question